Posting Links a new member
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 30-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
DiMMaX
IDMf's latest spammer
DiMMaX is currently spamming hard
Merelbeke
MC Status: 10
Posting Links a new member

Hi,

I'm a brand new registered user here but I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I never felt the need to register myself up until the point I wanted to ask a question. So I created an account to allow me to post on this forum. But it didn't work out. I seem not to be allowed to use links in my post.

I'm not sure why this policy is in place but I suspect it has something to do with possible spamming or other abuse. But my post is legit as I'm asking for advice about a sound. I had to include examples of the sounds I'm referring to otherwise my post has no meaning...

Apparently a user needs to have done 30 posts before a link can be added to a post...
So, yeah, I guess I'll have to go somewhere else then...
Or I can do 30 uninteresting, non contributing posts first before I can ask my question.
I think the disability to posts links for this long is really missing it's goal. I don't think this is the proper way to avoid spamming and useless posts. Because, what would my 30 posts bring to this forum if only I do them to enable myself to post links? Exactly, nothing besides unwanted posts.

Maybe bringing that number down could be a good idea. It would still exclude pure spam messages but it would also allow relatively new members to use the forum properly. Bringing it down to 3 or even 2 posts before enabling links can get the job done I think.

Anyway. I didn't want to just leave this forum and say nothing about this. If I have to take my question somewhere else, so be it. But at least I wanted to let you guys know about this limiting rule and the fact it maybe should be reconsidered.

I hope this counts as constructive feedback.

Kind regards.

Advertisements

DiMMaX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 200160
Thanked 4,003 Times in 2,978 Posts
Re: Posting Links a new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMMaX View Post
Hi,

I'm a brand new registered user here but I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I never felt the need to register myself up until the point I wanted to ask a question. So I created an account to allow me to post on this forum. But it didn't work out. I seem not to be allowed to use links in my post.

I'm not sure why this policy is in place but I suspect it has something to do with possible spamming or other abuse. But my post is legit as I'm asking for advice about a sound. I had to include examples of the sounds I'm referring to otherwise my post has no meaning...

Apparently a user needs to have done 30 posts before a link can be added to a post...
Or I can do 30 uninteresting, non contributing posts first before I can ask my question.
I think the disability to posts links for this long is really missing it's goal. I don't think this is the proper way to avoid spamming and useless posts. Because, what would my 30 posts bring to this forum if only I do them to enable myself to post links? Exactly, nothing besides unwanted posts.

Maybe bringing that number down could be a good idea. It would still exclude pure spam messages but it would also allow relatively new members to use the forum properly. Bringing it down to 3 or even 2 posts before enabling links can get the job done I think.

Anyway. I didn't want to just leave this forum and say nothing about this. If I have to take my question somewhere else, so be it. But at least I wanted to let you guys know about this limiting rule and the fact it maybe should be reconsidered.

Kind regards.
Yeah..it can be frustrating to have to deal with this when you first join..but the point of it is not only to limit spam, but to also encourage active participation..and those 30 posts have to be "meaningful" or you'll end up banned if caught "post count bumping".

There's really a lot on offer here to all the members of this community..and while most on here are more than willing to help, you'll find this place is not like Google..a person can't just drop in and get answers to the questions they currently have, without becoming part of this active community first.

The 30 posts thing is something we've all dealt with when we joined..and it's something you will have to deal with, too, if you want to stick around and benefit from being a member on here. If not, then that's a shame, as this place really ha a lot to offer, as you should already know from lurking for so long on here already.

Just join in, be active and engage with others on here and those 30 posts will soon mount up..it's really that simple.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 07:19 AM   #3
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMMaX View Post
Hi,

Kind regards.
It is a speedbump before you even set off on the track, I agree but I also agree with why it's in place. Aside from spam abuse its a nudge towards posts like yours with some thought into it, something that can create discussion which is why we're all here. A few hello's here and there in the welcome forums and others that interest you and want to follow, a bit of spam in the side room, a few pieces of constructive feedback in the listening booth and you'll be at 30 posts before you know it.

In the meantime, I would put the links down with a 'dotcom' over a '.com' to bypass the filter for now until a mod can update it for you, or when you hit 30 posts you can do it yourself.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums, its official now you have an account!

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 55710
Thanked 1,114 Times in 734 Posts

Pure speculation here, but I think the idea is that spam or not, most people would just be showing up, dropping a link or asking a question and vanishing afterward if the rules were down to say 5-10. Most people just bypass the filter by using spaces, or otherwise directing to a video / track (it's easy, just tell people what to google when you're asking your question).

Everybody shows up wanting to post stuff (I'm sure I did once upon a time, too), but 30 posts isn't an excessive requirement IMO.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564930
Thanked 7,480 Times in 5,280 Posts

If it isn't promoting your own material go make your post and send me a link to it in a PM w/ the links you want in it. Again, If it isn't promoting your own material, I'll edit it and post the links for you. That will hopefully get you rolling on your 30 meaningful posts.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Artificer (01-02-2018)