The worst shit you’ve seen labeled as Techno
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Go Back » Music By Genre » Techno
Old 30-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64160
Thanked 1,283 Times in 946 Posts
The worst shit you’ve seen labeled as Techno

@#ReclaimEDM: you got me thinking. Proper vs improper Techno. Back in the days we would refer to some shitty stuff as fair ground tekkno (the more ‘k’s you got, the harder it was, not)....

So, let me start with a few classics here...

I heard this last a few years back at the State Fair.

Catchy tune, no less.

And now for some chicks...:mayonesa::mayonesa::mayonesa:

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
A.M (01-01-2018)
Old 30-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 124360
Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,458 Posts
Re: The worst shit you’ve seen labeled as Techno

I believe the same people who call most electronic music "techno" are the same who call all metal sub-genres "heavy metal" or "hard rock". It's just that single word which is enough to describe "that kind of music" if person is not that interested in music genres at all.

anyways, i don't even listen to that much of techno but I hate anything that sounds like this:

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
liquid_air (31-12-2017)
Old 30-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564880
Thanked 7,479 Times in 5,279 Posts

The soundtrack to every Blade movie?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #4
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 176360
Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,102 Posts

Landscaping materials! Pisses me off!!

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Code:
Actually, that looks pretty good... maybe a bit cold in a late-80's sort of way.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464855

This is my favourite

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FTD
liquid_air (31-12-2017)
Old 31-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #6
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC

Code:

------------------
Old 31-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 9110

Not sure what was going on over you're side of the water, but from your list, I can only assume that the guy from "The Ministry of Genre Labeling" was taking things at work that he shouldn't have.
Dune: Happy Hardcore. He should have listened to this to get the idea.
Scooter: Happy Hardcore, but they did tend to genre jump a lot, I was never a fan of the Happy Hardcore genre myself, but they did do this, to which there was a club version without the MCing and guitars. But I'm sure you know this,

Now as for 2 Unlimited, that was down to them saying they were Techno on their 1st hit.
But Techno "no no, no no no no" as the song goes, A least the chick was nice to look at.

And as for Rednex, They're about as Techno as Vera Lyn. The guy at the ministry must of had some strong shit that day.

Defining Techno is hard enough now really. Like the not so long ago album. I grew up with this music, but me to name a pure Techno track from that time, and I'd have to reply, "sorry man, you got me there" By 1997 after a break with dance music, I was clubbing to stuff like this

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
A.M (01-01-2018)
Old 31-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #8
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
I believe the same people who call most electronic music "techno" are the same who call all metal sub-genres "heavy metal" or "hard rock". It's just that single word which is enough to describe "that kind of music" if person is not that interested in music genres at all.

anyways, i don't even listen to that much of techno but I hate anything that sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me2vugXNlMQ
:mayonesa: Awesome! This is so terrible. :mayonesa:

------------------

Old 31-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #9
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Ok, here’s another fine crop...

Only the finest dubstep here. Metal and Dubstep, yeah...

And some YT gold...

------------------

Old 31-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564880
Thanked 7,479 Times in 5,279 Posts

Chubby white American kids got rhythm. (totally me)

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:07 AM   #11
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110500
Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,417 Posts

There are people who don't love 2 Unlimited?
They were techno man!
All the sub genre fussing came later - it was all techno and we liked it
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:03 AM   #12
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 28360

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Ok, here’s another fine crop...
So after just jumping around through the first two.... where the hell was the bass?

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #13
FTD
IDMf Artist

Hopefully this isn't lost on too many people but here is the UK's funniest man in a spoof interview with 2 Unlimited.

------------------
Old 01-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #14
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
There are people who don't love 2 Unlimited?
They were techno man!
All the sub genre fussing came later - it was all techno and we liked it
I guess at the time it was a case of, "If it's not House. it's Techno."

------------------
Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #15
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110500
Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,417 Posts

Here's another of my old fav's - it's even in the name!

Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
liquid_air (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #16
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

At the time this one killed it on the dance floor

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
Dr. Sleaze (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #17
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist

I knew there was some proper Techno back then, but it would only be the more underground clubs where Joe average wouldn't step though the door. So I started thinking of chillout parties, and what was playing. A Dj friend of mine was a Techno fanatic. Then I remembered this. I used to love this back then. Now this is real Techno from back then, just don't remembering it being so long ago.

------------------
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
MFXxx (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #18
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Ok, let’s get back on topic. We are talking about shitty Techno. The stuff from the crypt...

And even better news... Armin van Buuren has his own Masterclass course now.

------------------

Old 02-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #19
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 176360
Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,102 Posts

Im puzzled as to whether or not I'm expected to listen to these tracks.

Just sayin'... I don't deliberately piss into my own mouth, shit in my corn flakes etc...
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1842727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
I knew there was some proper Techno back then, but it would only be the more underground clubs where Joe average wouldn't step though the door. So I started thinking of chillout parties, and what was playing. A Dj friend of mine was a Techno fanatic. Then I remembered this. I used to love this back then. Now this is real Techno from back then, just don't remembering it being so long ago.
You have just taken me back to my youth "Madison Joes" and "The Manor" dark, sordid, fantastic.

Advertisements

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote