What channel do you use to promote your music?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 14-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Egocentricus
Regular Freak
Egocentricus is currently spamming hard
Germany, Ingolstadt
MC Status: 10
What channel do you use to promote your music?

I've been a soundcloud user for the last 7-8 years, but recently I stopped my pro account. I feel that soundcloud is becoming more and more of a commercially driven platform, that does not give enough benefit to the artists - I dunno, might be just my thoughts, but I am simply not into it as I used to be in the past.

What channels do you guys use? Are there any valuable alternatives to SC?

cheers,
Yavor

Advertisements

Egocentricus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Flexagon
Minor Glitch
Flexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260
Re: What channel do you use to promote your music?

I've been enjoying hearthis.at

Super easy to import anything you already have on soundcloud. Far more features than SC and it now has GROUPS!

Obviously less users but seems to be growing, which SC clearly isn't..................
Flexagon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Egocentricus
Regular Freak
Egocentricus is currently spamming hard
Germany, Ingolstadt

thanks, will check it out - never heard of it to be honest.
Egocentricus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Flexagon
Minor Glitch
Flexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud ofFlexagon has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

Has been around for a while. I both produce and DJ and so used to enjoy using Soundcloud to post my own music and to find new interesting artists. When they dropped groups a few years ago that became a lot harder. When hearthis.at added groups I though I'd check it out.

If you really want to reach the masses consider ways to get on Spotify too.
Flexagon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7060

I hate what SC has become too but find it hard to just give up my own profile after building it slowly over the last 5 or 6 years or so.

------------------
Our newest UK DnB Mix Show hosted by Hush & Multi

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 03:27 AM   #6
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 55610
Thanked 1,112 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egocentricus View Post
I've been a soundcloud user for the last 7-8 years, but recently I stopped my pro account. I feel that soundcloud is becoming more and more of a commercially driven platform, that does not give enough benefit to the artists - I dunno, might be just my thoughts, but I am simply not into it as I used to be in the past.

What channels do you guys use? Are there any valuable alternatives to SC?

cheers,
Yavor
I think everyone feels that way. Bandcamp is good, not so much for singles, but for releases at least.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 05:54 AM   #7
SamWeath
Minor Glitch
SamWeath is currently spamming hard

Soundcloud is terrible, but most labels only accept sc links as a submission.
SamWeath is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #8
new_break_times
Regular Freak
new_break_times is currently spamming hard

I don't know...Too old for this new ultra-social-commercialized crap.

I still remember happy days of slsk, early myspace and free-parties to pass CD-Rs)
new_break_times is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #9
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 55610
Thanked 1,112 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_break_times View Post
I don't know...Too old for this new ultra-social-commercialized crap.

I still remember happy days of slsk, early myspace and free-parties to pass CD-Rs)
Did slsk change much? I think it still kicks ass but I've only been on for like 10 years
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564880
Thanked 7,479 Times in 5,279 Posts

Playing it for people live is still the best way IMO.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #11
HalfTrek
Granular Poster
HalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Did slsk change much? I think it still kicks ass but I've only been on for like 10 years

Took it for a quick spin with my 'not on spotify' playlist (with some results but not all) to see how it's doing now, but now I see I misread.. You are using it but are asking about the past

So..it probably was not very different 15 years back from 10 years. Chat rooms were def more populated though. And big users with 'rules' in their directory structure.

Advertisements

HalfTrek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote