dynaride vs gainrider
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 19-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18032619
dynaride vs gainrider

TBproaudios dynaride and gainrider plugins were brought to my attention today and they both seem like great tools, but they seem to do the same thing as far as i can tell.

gainrider suggests its designed with vocal riding in mind, but dynaride says it is suitable for vocals in the description.

gainrider seems to have a better GUI with a clear representation of what is happening, but other than that i cant tell the difference.

has anybody else used both of these? or does anybody see something im missing?

LINKS:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 01:41 AM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20960
Re: dynaride vs gainrider

there not needed you can achieve the same if not much better results with either sidechanning your drums off your vocal or just simple volume automation. Or better yet just decent compression on your vocals
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Parricide (25-03-2018)
Old 25-03-2018, 05:57 AM   #3
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

i see your point, i have to agree you can do a much better job with automation, particularly if you have a fader to record from, although compression is not quite the same as fader riding even though they share the same concept. but these tools can often save precious time when needed.

how can you achieve the same thing by sidechaining your drums off your vocal?

------------------
signature loading...
Old 25-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 29360

TBH, for this kind of thing I just automate purestgain (the airwindows free plugin) when I need to to gain riding. But I only do simple gain riding where I might drop the lead during a bridge by a few dbs or something along those lines. If these are automated based on the input signal, then I know of no competitors and I don't know what features to look for.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Parricide (25-03-2018)
Old 25-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i see your point, i have to agree you can do a much better job with automation, particularly if you have a fader to record from, although compression is not quite the same as fader riding even though they share the same concept. but these tools can often save precious time when needed.

how can you achieve the same thing by sidechaining your drums off your vocal?
ghost kick and snare halftime bpm off your track being sent trough a side compressor thtas triggerd off oyur vocal.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I know of no competitors and I don't know what features to look for.
waves made something like these. i havent tried it, but it doesnt seem to be as flexible as these.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 25-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
ghost kick and snare halftime bpm off your track being sent trough a side compressor thtas triggerd off oyur vocal.
these plugins are not for ducking, they are for automatically riding the gain.
e.g. if you have a singer that is moving closer and further from the mic you can use this to help level out the signal. usually it would be done manually across the whole track.

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...