How is this type of instrument called?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 13-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to all
Athens
MC Status: 610
How is this type of instrument called?

I listen to this instrument to a lot OSTs. I guess it's something well-known but i just don't know what it is.
Example 1: first 20 seconds: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Example 2: 6:15 at this OST [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
https://soundcloud.com/pavleas/excep...ion-3-by-knkuc
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318489
Thanked 1,007 Times in 794 Posts
Re: How is this type of instrument called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavleas View Post
I listen to this instrument to a lot OSTs. I guess it's something well-known but i just don't know what it is.
Example 1: first 20 seconds: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Example 2: 6:15 at this OST [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Its a pipe organ.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
pavleas (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 11:56 PM   #3
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to allpavleas is a name known to all
Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
Its a pipe organ.

thanks!! Found a nice free vst plugin
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thanks to pavleas
jVs (14-03-2018)
Old 14-03-2018, 03:24 AM   #4
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318489
Thanked 1,007 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavleas View Post
Well fucks yes my friend, Grind that organ good. I'd like to hear what you end up doing as you make Old Wallachia Castlevania again.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 04:10 AM   #5
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481947
Thanked 1,173 Times in 775 Posts

Apparently there are pipe organ Kontakt libraries out there. I'm saying so because that VST sounds like shit
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
pavleas (16-03-2018)
Old 14-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #6
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 29360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Apparently there are pipe organ Kontakt libraries out there. I'm saying so because that VST sounds like shit
Hands down my fav organ is Harmor. I see both you and OP run FL studio, so I'll tell you how I do it. No envelopes, just run a saw wave into the harmonizer on default mode. Adjust settings to taste, add some unison that you like. If you want to get fancy, go to the advanced tab and put the harmonizer after filter one and before filter two, then you can turn filter one way down but still get those organ harmonics coming through.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
pavleas (16-03-2018)
Old 16-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #7
pavleas
Microknight
Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Hands down my fav organ is Harmor. I see both you and OP run FL studio, so I'll tell you how I do it. No envelopes, just run a saw wave into the harmonizer on default mode. Adjust settings to taste, add some unison that you like. If you want to get fancy, go to the advanced tab and put the harmonizer after filter one and before filter two, then you can turn filter one way down but still get those organ harmonics coming through.
ty bro will totally try it later

------------------
Old 16-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #8
pavleas
Microknight
Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
Well fucks yes my friend, Grind that organ good. I'd like to hear what you end up doing as you make Old Wallachia Castlevania again.
well to be honest i wanted to experiment with some soundtrack type of music. I'm not capable yet but i will start experimenting hehe

Advertisements

------------------