[Triphop] Dokan - Fever Days
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-03-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
Dokan
Analog Lurker
Dokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant future
Hamburg
MC Status: 1860
[Triphop] Dokan - Fever Days

the title is autobiographical, been sick a few days and made this triphop track... curious about what ya like or not like about this...

Advertisements

Dokan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Triphop] Dokan - Fever Days.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [Triphop] Dokan - Fever Days

I really like it, very atmospheric and relaxing - and I can imagine that making this kind of music makes you feel better when you are sick This use of vocal sample and this old-sounding-tv-jingle(?) in 2.01 - very trip-hop-ish. I also think it is produced very well!
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5361

Got really excited by the snare, I enjoy it a lot. The bass is making me confused, I don't know if I like its square softness or if I would've wanted to hear it a bit more emphasized. Overall I'm satisfied, the snare is really making it, pushing the track forward.

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
Dokan
Analog Lurker
Dokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant future
Hamburg
MC Status: 1860

Hej, thanks for your feedback!
Im happy you like it...

StampedeMe: haha, i asked myself the same thing about the bass... in terms of mixing, i had one version where i found the bass much too loud and maybe in the next, this final, version the bass became a bit too quite...

yeah, i heard some Portishead again recently (not the new, non-triphop album... the good old stuff) and i feel it is always the snare...

PPNDP: both cuts are from "Future Shock Documentary (1972)"

Dokan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
Dudewill
Master of the LFO
Dudewill will become famous soon enoughDudewill will become famous soon enough
The land of the drunk
MC Status: 110

Cool track, I like the feeling and atmosphere. Only thing I would change is add a bit more prominence to the bass range. It could add some warmth and character not only mix to the mix, but to the whole "feeling" of the track imo. (Maybe not just an eq boost, but a quiet sub bassline an octave or two underneath the current bassline?)

------------------
Dudewill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:39 AM   #6
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

Nice. Exactly what is needed into this insomniac night
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to beholdbeigeboxgone is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

Beautiful atmosphere with plenty of variation in the structure. Any further additions would be pretty minor.

The drum buss should be dialed down a bit to my ears. Just a tiny bit to let everything else come up. The bass needs a tiny bit more gain. Follow it with a sub synth like previously mentioned.

This track helps me relax while giving me a mental landscape of walking next to the ocean. Keep up the good stuff.
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #8
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Nice percussion and emotional feeling in the track. That warm verby snare is yummy

The way the beat ends abruptly in the first breakdown confused me a bit.

I like the sounds that are like a throwback to sounds from the late 90s and early 2000s, and that there is some melancholy in it. Later in the track, kind of wished there were some longer sounds, maybe pads or air, to glue things together.

Overall, nice track

Advertisements

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote