Any Suggestions On Rich White Noisy Pads?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 25-01-2018, 03:39 AM   #1
Bluesh1ft
Sample Destroyer
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2710
Any Suggestions On Rich White Noisy Pads?

I am trying to get better at lush, rich pads. The kind with grain, plonks, and crystals shattering combined with white noise. Maybe a combination of a physics model synth and some regular oscillator synths or should I also contemplate some real environment samples? Is there a particularly good synth or vst that helps with those epic background noises? Is there any good tutorials that I may have missed. The tutorials I have seen thus far focus on a tone+a basic white noise, I.E. a pretty generic pad. I am looking for something a bit more complex and something probably not that focused on tone. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 05:23 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 203810
Thanked 4,076 Times in 3,029 Posts
Re: Any Suggestions On Rich White Noisy Pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesh1ft View Post
I am trying to get better at lush, rich pads. The kind with grain, plonks, and crystals shattering combined with white noise. Maybe a combination of a physics model synth and some regular oscillator synths or should I also contemplate some real environment samples? Is there a particularly good synth or vst that helps with those epic background noises? Is there any good tutorials that I may have missed. The tutorials I have seen thus far focus on a tone+a basic white noise, I.E. a pretty generic pad. I am looking for something a bit more complex and something probably not that focused on tone. Thanks in advance.
I'm going to recommend three..the first two of which are for use with NI's Kontakt..and the last is a standalone VST.

First up, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

..not much to say about this, other than it's more than likely the only thing you will ever need to makes outstanding pads. It comes with a huge selection of presets..and each preset can be tweaked.

The video above shows the first version, not the recent updated version, which adds a lot more presets, as well as a pre-installed alternative UI skin you can use, if you don't like the original.

LUNARIS isn't cheap..but you get what you pay for.

The second suggestion..also for use with NI's Kontakt..is [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

ERIS isn't cheap..it's actually going to cost you a few bucks more to buy than LUNARIS, with a $199 price tag..but what it does kinda justifies the price. It will give you pads of a different sort..kinda hard to describe them actually, but the video below will give you and idea of what I mean..

Not really sure if ERIS is what you're looking for..but it is worth the price, if you like the sounds it will enable you to produce.

Lastly..and perhaps closer to what you're looking for..is [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. This a VST pad synthesizer, that is also iPad and touch-screen friendly..with the PC version currently costing only $14.49 and the iOS version a mere $7.99

While I really love this little gem, I find..like ERIS..it gives you a certain "kind of sound" that is distinctive, but maybe too much all of it';s own, if you know what I mean. That said, I think it comes close to what you said you're looking for.

Hope you find what you're looking for..and that you'll post back here and let us know what you go with when you do.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #3
clocolan
Analog Lurker
clocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant future
Providence, RI
MC Status: 1910
Re: Any Suggestions On Rich White Noisy Pads?

I always liked Tronsonic's oddball instruments; if you know your way around Kontakt you can add your own noise/modulations on top of that.

Advertisements

clocolan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote