Serato
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
Entox
Eternal Echoer
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184
Serato

I know this is more of a DJ'ing question rather than production but i'm sure some of you brainy bods on here will know the answer.

I want to get some new decks. I want to be able to play vinyl and mp3/wav using the same decks.

I have been told that if i buy some say technics 1210's, then buy serato i will have everything i need to hook them up to my pc which will allow me to use the mp3's/wav's as records on the 1210's.

Is this correct?

Will i need any other hardware etc to do so or does serato come with all this?

TIA.

Advertisements

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:07 AM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542077
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts
Re: Serato

Serato comes with a box that acts as your interface/vinyl control/IO for it.

To use it you'll plug your turntables into the box, and go out of the box into your DJ mixer.

Easy Peasy.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote