[House Music] Heqtor - We call love
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 30-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
mistr
Analog Lurker
mistr is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
[House Music] Heqtor - We call love

I made a new Soundcloud account recently to upload more "housey" music instead of the funky stuff.

I got someone to sing for me and made a cover of Art Departments "We call love". It's the first time I did something in the more Deep-House genre.

Let me know what you think, sometimes the vocals feel dissonant.

Advertisements

------------------
mistr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House Music] Heqtor - We call love.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
manaat
Soundwave Mangler
manaat has a spectacular aura aboutmanaat has a spectacular aura about
Brooklyn
MC Status: 160
Re: [House Music] Heqtor - We call love

Tl;dr: Quite well done! The first appearance of the beat at 0:39 and the synth at 1:29 are my favorite bits. It's uneven tho, some parts have clearly had much more love than others and some specific sounds are of worse quality than others.

Ok, so at 0:56 that little synth comes on in the background, I would make that into an even pattern (Or that is to say it currently goes 1234-12-1-12Long34-12) because it's currently a little hard to swing back and forth to, which is usually the result of such a background pattern (To add a bit more rhythm to keep the dancers dancing and entice the others).

When the beat comes in at 0:39 it's fantastic, but the cheaper synths later like the flat sounding one at 0:56 (Also, the ring shifter or whatever panning it around is actually causing it to be somewhat uneven) and the bit cheesy sinker at 1:13 really tire out the track. You see, contrast it with the lush and full synth at 1:29 and it becomes clear that some synths have received far more love than others.

I think the shaker starting at 1:45 should be replaced with another.

The "Ah"s that start at 3:13 should be off beat from the synth notes/drums/etc as it's hard to distinguish them from all the other sounds happening on that note space. Try this with Xs being the Ahs (1/32):
OOOOOOXO|OOOOXOOO|OOOOOOXO|OOOOXOOO

Like snares would go in a reggaeton song. Versitle pattern and nothing else hits on those spots so should come through clearer.

Advertisements

manaat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote