Plugin Showcase: Snowflake
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:23 AM   #1
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097447
Plugin Showcase: Snowflake

Hey guys,

I made this tutorial / overview of a plugin I find myself using a lot these days because of it's unique features. It's a free instrument plugin (requires full version of NI Reaktor though) made by boscomac. This plugin's parameters use percentage values rather than static / permanent values when tweaking knobs. For example, turning up the Octave knob means it's more likely that the notes being played will be played an octave (or several octaves) higher than the original. The result is you get randomness (or chord inversions if playing chords) in a very musical way! It's a lot of fun to play just on its own or layered with other synths / instruments.

Hope you find this useful!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18032619
Re: Plugin Showcase: Snowflake

looks interesting. is it sample or oscillator based? i like the concept but would like to have a poke around under the hood to make it more versatile.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 204110
Thanked 4,082 Times in 3,034 Posts

Thanks for this..looking forward to playing around with this later. Just took a look at that site and there's some really interesting things on offer there..a real find.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

ive been playing around under the hood with this for a couple of hours and added some features.

its a nice synth. quite basic when you open it up, but the concept is great for what it is trying to achieve.

i added a speed range as well as an amplitude range control to the vibrato, still using the random concept to select the position within that range for each note.
i did a similar thing with the reduce section, the drive section, and the release time for the "textures" envelope, and added the option to adjust the filters cutoff and resonance in the same random manner.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 18-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
ive been playing around under the hood with this for a couple of hours and added some features.

its a nice synth. quite basic when you open it up, but the concept is great for what it is trying to achieve.

i added a speed range as well as an amplitude range control to the vibrato, still using the random concept to select the position within that range for each note.
i did a similar thing with the reduce section, the drive section, and the release time for the "textures" envelope, and added the option to adjust the filters cutoff and resonance in the same random manner.

Is that "added" as in "in your daw"..or "added" as in actually "added to the program itself"? IF it's the latter, then I'd love to try that out, too.

------------------
Old 23-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Is that "added" as in "in your daw"..or "added" as in actually "added to the program itself"? IF it's the latter, then I'd love to try that out, too.
the latter.
its not really in a nice state. the controls are dotted around away from the actual GUI, but they function.
i will PM you the file.

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (23-02-2018)
Old 23-02-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
the latter.
its not really in a nice state. the controls are dotted around away from the actual GUI, but they function.
i will PM you the file.

I care not a jot what it looks like..as long as it works.

PM received and answered.

------------------
Old 24-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #8
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097447

Happy this quaint little synth is getting some attention

Advertisements

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote