( Epic Dark Progressive Orchestral Techno ) Arp. Junkie - Nuclear Genocide (rev 1)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
arpeggio_junkie
Soundscaper
arpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of light
San Diego, California
MC Status: 510
( Epic Dark Progressive Orchestral Techno ) Arp. Junkie - Nuclear Genocide (rev 1)

Advertisements

arpeggio_junkie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - ( Epic Dark Progressive Orchestral Techno ) Arp. Junkie - Nuclear Genocide (rev 1).
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Ttinga
Ttinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to beholdTtinga is a splendid one to behold
Chicago
MC Status: 960
Re: ( Epic Dark Progressive Orchestral Techno ) Arp. Junkie - Nuclear Genocide (rev 1

Hey arpeggio_junkie:

It sounds like you have some good skills in terms of traditional composition. I think you need to work on your sound design and getting some interesting modulations and timbres in the sounds you are using. For example, the bass line that hits on the quarter notes doesn't really change at all. Also, when the kick drum comes in, it would make more sense for the bassline to be hitting on the offbeat instead of the onbeat with the kick drum. In general I would also try to get more syncopated rythms instead of having everything hitting on 1/4 notes or the beginnings of measures etc.

If you want to get people in the techno community to notice your track, you are going to have to put a lot more work into the drums too and making sure the track has a good groove. Kind of depends on what your goals are though.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Ttinga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Hypocr.te
Sample Destroyer
Hypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MC
London/Leeds
MC Status: 79345
Re: ( Epic Dark Progressive Orchestral Techno ) Arp. Junkie - Nuclear Genocide (rev 1

To me, this sounds like sci-fi film music more than anything else - and if I were you I'd explore this more than the 'techno' element.

The composition itself is its strongest point, and I wouldn't call this a piece of electronic music in the same sense as techno, house, IDM, etc. so I'd explore the compositional route for this one. Try investing in some more realistic orchestral sounds and downplay the percussion and I think this could sound really good.

Advertisements

------------------
Hypocr.te is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote