Electro-Industrial Guy Says Hello!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Introduce Yourself Say hello to our other members. Give us a little about yourself and what you're interested in. Tell us about the music you like to make and listen to.

Old 21-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
LichLord
Microknight
LichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1910
Icon14 Electro-Industrial Guy Says Hello!

Hey, I'm from Lowestoft, UK. I've been operating under the name of 'LichLord' since around 2012 (Been composing since 2010) and I am mainly an Electro-Industrial Musician but I have also done some Cinematic Work several times before as well as dabbling with Power Noise and Black Metal in the past. I'm generally very open to a vast number of genre's and I've always got the urge to open up the sequencer and just experiment and play around when I hear something new and interesting (I should be trying to finish off my album instead though haha).

I currently work as a IT Technical Analyst (aka. Junior Sysadmin) for a Small Business Provider and I just generally spend my days sitting in-front of machinery during the day and then coming home and sitting in-front of my own machine later on to make things worse. Alot of my disposable income ends up going towards any awesome, looking/sounding Discounted Software or 2nd-hand hardware I can try and get my hands on to expand my options further for future compositions.

==========

I've know about the IDMf for quite awhile and I've been lurking for a couple of months but now is the time that I've thought about signing up and joining in with the community. I'd most likely be hanging around the Gear and Sound Design boards as well as the Industrial board (if it ever picks up some activity) but I'll be sure to try and contribute towards a little bit of everything. I'm generally laid back forum-wise in the past & present so hopefully you guys shouldn't have any issues with me hanging around.

==========

Apart from that, I'm mainly a dual DAW user, operating between FL 11.1.1 (Some of my plugins don't work with FL12 currently) and Adobe Audition CC and I've made a general huge investment into a large collective of Software and Hardware over the years. As well as Operating between Serum, Gladiator2, Omnisphere, IL Sawer, JP6K, NI Battery, Superior Drummer 2.0, Reaktor 5 and the Arturia V-Collection, I also have Kontakt 5 with a large assortment of Libraries from SoundIron, 8dio, DJSH, Sonokinetic, Native Instruments, Cinesamples, Impact Soundworks and I was also an early adopter of the EastWest Composer Cloud Subscription service (runs in PLAY Engine which I hate) so I'm renting their entire product range on a discount (plus they extended the offer for another year). For general FX-Work and Mixing, I have the Waves Gold Bundle plus several of their seperate plugins along with a few other tools from companies such as Ohmforce, Antares, Minimal Systems and IKMultimedia.

Hardware-wise, I'm running my ASIO processing and recording through an Audient iD22, my current monitoring speakers are a pair of ADAM A5X's and the system I'm currently running is a self-built Xeon-E5 1650V3 Workstation (16GB ECC REG DDR4, 3 SSD's OS/Plugin's/Projects and 2 HDD's for backups). I usually record my Vocal-Work through a Shure SM58 or an IMG-Stage ECM 140 and then either apply my usual Software FX Chaining to the recordings in Audition CC or for the Electro-Industrial side, I can run it through my Boss SE-50 followed by my Behringer Virtualiser Pro and Ultragraph Pro later in the chain which is always great fun!

Last edited by LichLord; 28-04-2016 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Info Edit (For Archive Purposes)

Advertisements

LichLord is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610
Re: Electro-Industrial Guy Says Hello!

nice to see you my fellow cyber-bro, i aim at EBM and industrial, i made 2 songs so far, i also make witch house from time to time

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
LichLord
Microknight
LichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant futureLichLord has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by D42K732202 View Post
nice to see you my fellow cyber-bro, i aim at EBM and industrial, i made 2 songs so far, i also make witch house from time to time
Awesome, when I finish at work in a couple of hours I shall definitely check out some of your tracks and drop a comment or two.
Old 21-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

thank you, at last someone who doesn't hate me on this forums

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #5
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D42K732202 View Post
thank you, at last someone who doesn't hate me on this forums
You're far from hated, I'm sure. The forum atmosphere is just very weird most of the time. Don't worry about it too much. Just do you.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #6
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542077
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts

What's happening?

I dabble in a lot of genres and spent a long time in the past skirting around the industrial scene in different genres.

welcome!

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 12:54 AM   #7
halford88
Minor Glitch
halford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the rough
Milwaukee
MC Status: 310

Hey there! Industrial is sick. So are really long informativw posts. Looking forward to more of those!
halford88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5810

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichLord View Post
as well as the Industrial board (if it ever picks up some activity)
Ha. The most activity I've seen on that section of the boards in a long time was when I asked why there wasn't more activity on that section of the boards. That sparked more conversation than the music itself. I think electro-industrial/aggrotech is in the minority 'round here.

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
LichLord
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
Ha. The most activity I've seen on that section of the boards in a long time was when I asked why there wasn't more activity on that section of the boards. That sparked more conversation than the music itself. I think electro-industrial/aggrotech is in the minority 'round here.
It's pretty much a minority point on the vast majority of audio-based forums web-wide and apart from discussing the process on how to DIY certain soundsets or posting links to band releases, there's not too much to really discuss. Compared to what I've seen before, I'm surprised IDMf even has a section dedicated to it.
Old 22-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #10
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5810

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichLord View Post
I'm surprised IDMf even has a section dedicated to it.

Its a trap to lure all of us with goggles and gas masks into one spot so we're easier to pick on.....Its high school all over again.

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #11
LichLord
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
Its a trap to lure all of us with goggles and gas masks into one spot so we're easier to pick on.....Its high school all over again.
Ahhh, the good ol' High School days. I was mainly listening to Death & Black metal exclusively back then (I haven't discovered my love for Electro-Industrial until just after graduating), pretty much the only guy in my year group who did at all. Even my friend group couldn't understand why one minute I could tolerate listening to Ceremonial Castings and then the next minute I'd be blasting out some technical wankery of the likes of Viraemia & Braindrill haha.

Advertisements