[Techno] Oliver Alex - Kubler-Ross
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
oliveralex
Granular Poster
oliveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rough
Antwerp
MC Status: 260
[Techno] Oliver Alex - Kubler-Ross

Hi Friends of IDM, this track is about joining my musical revolution. Classic melodic techno with a Juno, Minimoog and my voice and a lot of knob twiddling.

I'm pretty happy with the result and I was thinking of submitting this to labels. BUT:
- Do you agree it's ready, or are there parts bothering you?
- Will it stand out when sending it to a label?

:bye:

Advertisements

oliveralex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] Oliver Alex - Kubler-Ross.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [Techno] Oliver Alex - Kubler-Ross

There is a sound with a lot of very sharp resonance that starts already in the beginning that is hurting my ears a bit. I feel like somewhere in the mids and low mids there is some clashing. It doesn't feel like all your elements are leveled right. Some percussion feels too loud, like that open hat at 2 mins and the main synth.

I would take a look at that with some subtle subtractive eq. I like the progression a lot though and specifically some of the parts where the kick is playing.

If you can get some of the layers more leveled and pull out some of the piercing frees and mid mud, I think this would be a pretty cool track.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
oliveralex
Granular Poster
oliveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rougholiveralex is a jewel in the rough
Antwerp
MC Status: 260
Re: [Techno] Oliver Alex - Kubler-Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
There is a sound with a lot of very sharp resonance that starts already in the beginning that is hurting my ears a bit. I feel like somewhere in the mids and low mids there is some clashing. It doesn't feel like all your elements are leveled right. Some percussion feels too loud, like that open hat at 2 mins and the main synth.

I would take a look at that with some subtle subtractive eq. I like the progression a lot though and specifically some of the parts where the kick is playing.

If you can get some of the layers more leveled and pull out some of the piercing frees and mid mud, I think this would be a pretty cool track.
hi thx for the comment, i think it might be 'noise' - on purpose - as it is late night techno and it can use some grunge...maybe it's still too much (i come from far more noise ).

The hihat at 2min...well its genre specific again i think...but maybe its too much

thx for the comments, i'll experiment a bit with what you said!

Advertisements

oliveralex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote