[House] Made in the USA
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
Mobilio
Soundscaper
Mobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MC
Los Angeles
MC Status: 3997473
[House] Made in the USA

Let me know what you think. I feel like it's missing something but I can't put my finger on it. Feedback welcome...honesty preferred, brutality accepted.

Advertisements

Mobilio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] Made in the USA.
Old 24-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts
Re: [House] Made in the USA

The synths are fucking great, don't touch those. It's all in the drums, imo (the hits are fine, but I'm hearing some kind of conflict in the kick and snare department on the main parts. The breaks sound fucking fantastic). It might even just be the kick (or kick layers) you're using, since everything else seems to compliment the synth backdrop very nicely. The fadeout was really quick, but I'm guessing this is a WIP or something similar.

There might be quite a bit of either upward or downward compression on the master (I could be wrong) but I think it might sound better without such a high amount / threshold on it. Just a thought, but I really dug the song so far.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #3
Mobilio
Soundscaper
Mobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MCMobilio is a savage MC
Los Angeles

Thanks for the insightful feedback and compliments. The ending... I don't know what I was thinking there. Good catch.

Do you think there is not enough attack on the kick? Does it conflict with the bassline?

Also, what about the voice? I hardly ever record my own voice. I usually bring in a professional but I just wanted to lay something down to hear how it sounds. Do I need to bring in someone with a deeper and more raspy voice? It's always difficult to be objective when it's your own voice, I think.
Old 25-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
MVVilliams
Granular Poster
MVVilliams is currently spamming hard
Los Angeles/Boston
MC Status: 10

When i was listening I was adding a highhat sound on the and 4+ and sometimes on the 2+, so maybe that would be something to look into for adding some more rhythm in the drums. the synths are aren't my style, but they're good everywhere except for the for the first breakdown. I feel like it gets a little messy with all the pitch bends but otherwise its cool.
MVVilliams is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
Mobilio
Soundscaper
Los Angeles

Thanks for the feedback MVViliams. Yeah I get pitch bend crazy sometimes. I can see how a more active high hat pattern could add to it.
Old 28-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #6
nosferatune
Learning The Ropes
nosferatune is currently spamming hard

This is pretty bad ass. It is really hot in the mix. The synths are really good and the breaks are slamming
nosferatune is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408749
Thanked 5,495 Times in 3,571 Posts

Good track. Enjoyed listening to this. Bassdrum needs a little love, maybe tune it down, not sure. It comes across as a bit of a damp slap with its current sound. The rest is great.

Nice work, cheers for sharing

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837898

I'm not sure if you're using a multiband, but it sounds like you are and the mid band is over compressed a little.

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #9
Genki B
Granular Poster
Genki B will become famous soon enough
Lincoln
MC Status: 60
Icon6 Re: [House] Made in the USA

Heavy synth, the distortion sounds ace. Nice automation too, the snare sounds filthy. The overall mix sounds a bit muddy though, maybe cut 200Hz and increase the mids 500-600Hz
Genki B is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #10
Caius
Minor Glitch
Caius is currently spamming hard

Those vocals could be mixed in better, also the kick is a bit loud check your levels!
Caius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #11
Mobilio
Soundscaper
Los Angeles

Thanks for the great feedback all.

Nosferatune: Glad you liked it.

Stercogburn: I've always liked your tracks so coming from you, it means a lot. Yeah, I'll need to check that kick.

TheWizar: Nice ears man! I was using MB. I'll take a look at the mids

Genki B: I will definitely check out those freqs. Nice feedback.

Caius: Yeah, I'll have to work on the vocals. I'm not even sure if I want to keep my own voice. I might have to bring someone else in for that part.

Thanks for the informative and helpful comments.
Old 31-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
Genki B
Granular Poster
Genki B will become famous soon enough
Lincoln
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilio View Post
Thanks for the great feedback all.

Nosferatune: Glad you liked it.

Stercogburn: I've always liked your tracks so coming from you, it means a lot. Yeah, I'll need to check that kick.

TheWizar: Nice ears man! I was using MB. I'll take a look at the mids

Genki B: I will definitely check out those freqs. Nice feedback.

Caius: Yeah, I'll have to work on the vocals. I'm not even sure if I want to keep my own voice. I might have to bring someone else in for that part.

Thanks for the informative and helpful comments.
Mobilio you're very welcome, keep up the good work!
Genki B is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
AURIOS
Learning The Ropes
AURIOS is currently spamming hard

Really great!
AURIOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #14
Mobilio
Soundscaper
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURIOS View Post
Really great!
Thanks for the compliment!

Advertisements