[Ambient/Cinematic] dajwxp - The Strides Of Giants (2nd mix, whee!~)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
dajwxp
Knob Twiddler
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460
[Ambient/Cinematic] dajwxp - The Strides Of Giants (2nd mix, whee!~)

Tweaked some stuff based on the feedback I got last time. Your feedback is vital, guys ! You're all too amazing <3

Erm...I'm prepping for a year-end album release, and it'll have fifteen tracks - a bit of a challenge to myself. It'll be hard toggling school and stuff, but hey, why not :p?

As for this track, there's really heavy kicks, gigantic reverb, gigantic bass, and noise ! And there's a melody, so yay!

Comments on production and mastering especially (still figuring out multiband compression!) would be greatly appreciated <3! If the bass is destroying any of your speakers please tell me; it's destroying mine a little and that scares me :p. I also tried to make this mix as clean as possible, and I did a lot of EQ carving, so if any tones are especially resonant then yeah, it's probably my fault. If you could pick those out, it'd be great <3!

Cheers, people~

Advertisements

------------------
| new album! |

| soundcloud! | bandcamp! |

always in search of sexy idmf music!~
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient/Cinematic] dajwxp - The Strides Of Giants (2nd mix, whee!~).
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760
Re: [Ambient/Cinematic] dajwxp - The Strides Of Giants (2nd mix, whee!~)

Hi there Dajwxp

I like the sound you have created here, though it is a little bass heavy and maybe
a more controlled bottom end would suit the track better.

I didn't hear any bad resonant tones coming out of my hi-fi speakers.

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
dajwxp
Knob Twiddler
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460
Re: [Ambient/Cinematic] dajwxp - The Strides Of Giants (2nd mix, whee!~)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbj View Post
Hi there Dajwxp

I like the sound you have created here, though it is a little bass heavy and maybe
a more controlled bottom end would suit the track better.

I didn't hear any bad resonant tones coming out of my hi-fi speakers.

Cheers
Ahh, I didn't know that someone would comment on this; less so that it would be from you, sb !

Yeah, didn't like the low end that much myself too. I'm now listening to the other tracks on the album and finding that this one is a little dull, hehe :p. Maybe freeing up some headroom by cutting some lows would allow space for more shimmer.

Many thanks, wonderful man <3!

Advertisements

------------------
| new album! |

| soundcloud! | bandcamp! |

always in search of sexy idmf music!~
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote