Does anyone capture and use grooves from other beats?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983763
Does anyone capture and use grooves from other beats?

In reason you can capture the groove of a beat to be applied to your own beats. How exactly should one implement this? Does it analyze the velocity and position of the hit based on which hit it is, like if the snare is the 5th hit in the pattern and it is placed slightly foreward, will that mean that when you apply the groove to your own pattern it will just take the 5th drum hit and move it slightly foreword? Im confused yet intrigued about
this since theres some cool swing on allot of 2 step drum beats by burial and all those guys. What are some guidelines when using this sort of function if you dont mind sharing?

Advertisements

henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
RUncELL
Soundscaper
RUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond repute
Essex
MC Status: 3410
Re: Does anyone capture and use grooves from other beats?

Good question man.. I know you can edit the re-groove presets, right down to ticks.
But not sure about extracting a groove in reason.
I've done it in cubase before, but I don't do this very often.
I would like to know also !
I've got reason version 4.
RUncELL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542077
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts
Re: Does anyone capture and use grooves from other beats?

Ive done it with Recycle (like WAAAAAY back in the day) and had a go with the functions in Ableton for the same effect... I've always found it lacking somehow.

I find that i get more interesting results by using shuffle and groove settings in different amounts on different tracks. For 4 on the floor housey stuff i sometimes go to extreme settings. depends on the tune though.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
henryspencer (12-08-2013)