PÜR MOODS 2017 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 16-07-2017, 11:58 PM   #21
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910
Re: PÜR MOODS 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post

One of my all time nostalgic favourites

DJ Food - The Crow [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Tyko - Awake album
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld

Cafe Del Mar - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Enigma - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

KLF - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Massive Attack - Mezzanine - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Morcheeba - Big Calm - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Groove Armada - By The River [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Anything in this list for Trip Hop heads

Going to throw in Roni Size/ Reprezents - Brown Paper Bag - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Solid list pal! Surprised to not see portishead in there amongst morcheeba and massive attack

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
MFXxx (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #22
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110850
Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,421 Posts

My fav morcheeba song is Moog Island.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #23
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts

So Trip Hop is coolio on this one?

Also, DJ Food, in general is amazing : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:47 AM   #24
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110850
Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,421 Posts

I really don't care what people submit as long as it is good, and in the spectrum of relaxing. Post-New Age. There was some trip hop in the originals.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
relic (17-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 03:45 AM   #25
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Probably will just go with something more akin to whatever might have been on the actual Pure Moods. Quite a bit of nostalgia there for me. Probably some of the first proper electronic music I heard besides horror and sci fi sound tracks from the late 70s and 80s.

Might be cool to do a Trip Hop/Instrumental Hip Hop/Beats comp at some point...

------------------
Old 17-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #26
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 40660

This thing is bending my head in knots. I've got to throw a hat in the ring on this one, if only to support Oat's awesome "fuck it, we're putting things out now" initiative. I actually have an original Pure Moods CD that was left at my house by a deadbeat roommate who was also a DJ. I don't think I've ever actually listened to it, but I've been looking at it for 25 years because I don't throw things away.

It'd be easy and sort of in my usual vein to just fuck up some samples and smear shit around for 6 minutes with reverb and delay and call it 'chill out ambient'. But if I'm going to do this, I want to stretch my limits and do something outside my comfort zone, which probably means drums. So here's the plan:

The last couple years I've been working in generative music. Sort of Autechre meets Eno. I've got a couple of Max frameworks where I can write/trigger MIDI based on mathematical function inputs. So I set up some complex Cauchy sequences and fed them 'sacred numbers' based on Kabbalah and gematria. I'm not a practitioner or even a believer; I just needed a hippy-dippy element for the New Age bent.

The idea is that I'll set up some synths and drum sounds I can live with, output the MIDI to them and use those things as discrete building blocks - no going in and moving things around or re-writing parts or quantizing after the fact. These are the results of higher math and higher powers! No tampering. So I'll push the blocks around and get what I can out of it as far as arrangements. Effects and automation are fair game, so I'll still get to smear the shit around, but I've got to be careful not to fall into my usual patterns...

I have no idea what's going to come of it. Half the time I do this, it's an unlistenable mess, even for me. I've put some controls in place to sort of reign in the usual extremeness, but there's no telling. Maybe I'll get some vocal samples happening to smooth things out and tie the room together. Hopefully Vishnu shines through and it'll be chill and spiritual and meditative and not satan-on-acid-dronedoom.

tl;dr - One part artistry, one part godhead, one part machine love. We'll see what happens. Probably good for a laugh, at any rate.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #27
7asid
Soundscaper
7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 11760

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post

One of my all time nostalgic favourites

DJ Food - The Crow [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Tyko - Awake album

The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld

Cafe Del Mar - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Enigma - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

KLF - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Massive Attack - Mezzanine - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Morcheeba - Big Calm - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Groove Armada - By The River [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Anything in this list for Trip Hop heads

Going to throw in Roni Size/ Reprezents - Brown Paper Bag - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Oh shit Morcheeba!

I'd throw in

Tricky- Maxinquaye- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Smoke City- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

anything Portishead etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
This thing is bending my head in knots. I've got to throw a hat in the ring on this one, if only to support Oat's awesome "fuck it, we're putting things out now" initiative. I actually have an original Pure Moods CD that was left at my house by a deadbeat roommate who was also a DJ. I don't think I've ever actually listened to it, but I've been looking at it for 25 years because I don't throw things away.

It'd be easy and sort of in my usual vein to just fuck up some samples and smear shit around for 6 minutes with reverb and delay and call it 'chill out ambient'. But if I'm going to do this, I want to stretch my limits and do something outside my comfort zone, which probably means drums. So here's the plan:

The last couple years I've been working in generative music. Sort of Autechre meets Eno. I've got a couple of Max frameworks where I can write/trigger MIDI based on mathematical function inputs. So I set up some complex Cauchy sequences and fed them 'sacred numbers' based on Kabbalah and gematria. I'm not a practitioner or even a believer; I just needed a hippy-dippy element for the New Age bent.

The idea is that I'll set up some synths and drum sounds I can live with, output the MIDI to them and use those things as discrete building blocks - no going in and moving things around or re-writing parts or quantizing after the fact. These are the results of higher math and higher powers! No tampering. So I'll push the blocks around and get what I can out of it as far as arrangements. Effects and automation are fair game, so I'll still get to smear the shit around, but I've got to be careful not to fall into my usual patterns...

I have no idea what's going to come of it. Half the time I do this, it's an unlistenable mess, even for me. I've put some controls in place to sort of reign in the usual extremeness, but there's no telling. Maybe I'll get some vocal samples happening to smooth things out and tie the room together. Hopefully Vishnu shines through and it'll be chill and spiritual and meditative and not satan-on-acid-dronedoom.

tl;dr - One part artistry, one part godhead, one part machine love. We'll see what happens. Probably good for a laugh, at any rate.
Sounds awesome, looking forward to hearing it!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 7asid
brb (25-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #28
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 203910
Thanked 4,078 Times in 3,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post

It's a good job this isn't a pissing contest, 'cause I'd just be dribbling, by the sounds of it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Oatbag (18-07-2017)
Old 17-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #29
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house

Happy days, found the beat I wanna chop at 105bpm... Gonna try not get carried away but its too much fun. Also borrowing inspiration from a beat battle woop

------------------

Old 18-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #30
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
In a house

Sharing the AWESOME:justlookatit:

MOAR AWESOME

Last edited by Neuralsphere; 18-07-2017 at 04:45 AM..

------------------

Thanks to Neuralsphere
Oatbag (18-07-2017)
Old 18-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #31
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11490104
Thanked 1,053 Times in 771 Posts

I remember the Pure Moods cds. Saw the ads for those on TV all the time. My sister actually bought the album lol.

btw you stole my song title yo!!

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #32
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481947
Thanked 1,173 Times in 775 Posts

^ The question is, will she buy this one? I hope so
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #33
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128500
Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,210 Posts

I have to admit it,i had this cd.(big surprise for some of you)used to listen every night to try to wind down.and well whatever...anyway i got your butts on this one i is in!

------------------
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #34
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Solid list pal! Surprised to not see portishead in there amongst morcheeba and massive attack
Quoted for more ups for Portishead. Also what, no love for Thievery Corporation, The Karminsky Experience, Lemon Jelly or Gramatik? Great stuff in there to be found. oh, but maybe I am starting to drift out of the target ascetic...

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Creepr
Oatbag (19-07-2017)
Old 21-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #35
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7660

I have something brewing for this already, sort of moody Massive Attack feeling. How are you all doing?

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Creepr
Oatbag (21-07-2017)
Old 21-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #36
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4610

I have a moody ambient loop on which I could add some smooth drums and stuff, so I think I'm in.

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #37
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
In a house

Got the skeleton down for track 1 at nearly 4 minutes, happy with the length and sound palate. Just need to work on variation and that certain je ne sais quoi (trying to source some decent trip hop vocals... still trying...). Not sure about doing a second track this time round... If the skeleton was shorter I'd do another one on the side...

------------------

Old 22-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #38
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 12860

any thread that mentions portishead, massive attack and theivery corp has my full support. This comp sounds like tasty biscuits to me. Count me in

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #39
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42408499
Thanked 5,490 Times in 3,569 Posts

Might do something for this. Got a lot on in the next month but not done any proper chillout stuff since I released the 'Snow' album some years ago on Bandcamp.

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #40
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Need to get started on this. Might just do a live ambient piece on the A4. Not really sure. Still a bit foggy from my long weekend camping and dancing.

Advertisements

------------------