[Jazz electronic?] Booka Shade - Body Language (theMaLm and all that jazz flute)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon9 [Jazz electronic?] Booka Shade - Body Language (theMaLm and all that jazz flute)

So here's cheeky jam session take on Booka Shade - Body language.
Hope you enjoy, free to download 320mp3 too!

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Jazz electronic?] Booka Shade - Body Language (theMaLm and all that jazz flute).
Old 25-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: [Jazz electronic?] Booka Shade - Body Language (theMaLm and all that jazz flute)

Heh, real light an fun. Really dig those pads a lot, my kind of sandwich. Wish I was around to contribute, sounds like a pretty straightforward jam, something I could get into on a lead synth patch.

Heh, also the sheer vibrato on that (pan?) flute makes me giddy.

EDIT: Actually I'm jamming to this right now.

Last edited by PROton42; 25-05-2013 at 09:07 PM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Benwaa
Re: [Jazz electronic?] Booka Shade - Body Language (theMaLm and all that jazz flute)

heh thanks broton you should make a recording of your jam along and send it to me to mix in
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Duchamp
Master of the LFO
Duchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to behold
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 660

This is so different I had to play the original to remember how it went. Would have liked to have heard those guitar plucks in there. They make the original for me - they carry that kind of jazz vibe actually as the key changes.
I don't like Jazz music, but it was an interesting listen all the same.
Duchamp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Benwaa

hehe thanks duchamp, none of this is the orginal sounds at all, it's all played out on our own choice of sounds - some looped some live played

and to be fair, i'm not entirely sure that jazz is the right word for it - just didn't know how to describe that swing kinda feel with the flute n the bass n stuff in one or two words
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Duchamp
Master of the LFO
Duchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to beholdDuchamp is a splendid one to behold
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
i'm not entirely sure that jazz is the right word for it - just didn't know how to describe that swing kinda feel with the flute n the bass n stuff in one or two words
Probably hit the nail in the head, although I'm sure Jazz musicians would have smoke coming out of their ears to hear it described as that. haha.

Ame's "Rej" would make a nice cover in this freestyle if that's your thing as well.
Duchamp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
Benwaa

Hahaha thing is it isn't our thing jut like to never stick to any particular style and enjoy messing with stuff like this sometimes
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #8
Syncopate Life
Soundscaper
Syncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant futureSyncopate Life has a brilliant future
Hawai'i
MC Status: 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchamp View Post
i don't like jazz music,
WHERE/c

------------------
Syncopate Life is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24060

haha when I put that Cello bass I feel jazzy to man. It's called a walking bass. This track makes me think of some movie of like an average joe who is about to find the love of his life or get rich.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
Benwaa

thanks man, and yeah i couldn't think of the name for the style at all
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
rangusroon
Regular Freak
rangusroon is currently spamming hard
London
MC Status: 10

This is a fun jam, the flute is extra nice, how'd did you process that?

Advertisements

rangusroon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote