Old school hip hop drum loops
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65260
Thanked 1,305 Times in 961 Posts
Old school hip hop drum loops

Just because they're awesome, here you go:

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
SMHERTZ_Music
Granular Poster
SMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to behold
Italy - UK
MC Status: 660
Re: Old school hip hop drum loops

Great! I'm figuring out a personal technique to process drums in order to make them sound like an original break ripped from vinyl. I'll post something as soon I can (i'm new here)
SMHERTZ_Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043891
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHERTZ_Music View Post
Great! I'm figuring out a personal technique to process drums in order to make them sound like an original break ripped from vinyl. I'll post something as soon I can (i'm new here)
My friend has been doing a lot of that with addictive drums 2.
He just lines up the hits and then scrolls through kits, it's pretty effective if not a perfect copy.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
SMHERTZ_Music
Granular Poster
SMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to beholdSMHERTZ_Music is a splendid one to behold
Italy - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
My friend has been doing a lot of that with addictive drums 2.
He just lines up the hits and then scrolls through kits, it's pretty effective if not a perfect copy.
I usually work with BFD3, it takes a lot to figure out the sub-mix settings and the plug-in chain on the drum bus, but the result is impressive. Also adding some background vinyl noise further improves the feeling, I really can't wait to share something about it
Old 24-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65260
Thanked 1,305 Times in 961 Posts

You guys might want to have a look at iZotope Breaktweaker. I'm still somewhat on the fence about it, but it allows you to run different parts of a kit at individual loop speeds and length. It also has quite a bit of tweaking options that might be of interest to you, if you like glitchy beats.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
SMHERTZ_Music
Granular Poster
Italy - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
You guys might want to have a look at iZotope Breaktweaker. I'm still somewhat on the fence about it, but it allows you to run different parts of a kit at individual loop speeds and length. It also has quite a bit of tweaking options that might be of interest to you, if you like glitchy beats.
hey, thanks for the hint! Didn't know about Breaktweaker, usually I "granulate" my own samples with Reaktor and Absynth, and then I compose loops and beats with the samples created. I gotta have a look, thank you again!

Advertisements