Sound Design Help For My Studies.... [Survey]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #1
Dave201
Learning The Ropes
Dave201 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Sound Design Help For My Studies.... [Survey]

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a student at University (undertaking my dissertation) and I'm very interested in sound design and foley. As part of my research, I'm looking into building a sound design instrument. Therefore, I'm trying to gather feeback from the Sound Designers on this forum. I have constructed a short online ten question survey (no adverts) to form part of my University research. However, I haven't made enough postst yet to link to things, so I will write out the questions below. The questionnaire does not require any personal information, I'm just trying to establish methodologies, requirements and potential interest in a new digital sound design instrument. I would like to thank anyone willing to help in advance.

1. Are you male or female?

2. What is your age?

3. How long have you been a Sound Designer or Foley artists?

4. What medium do you apply Sound Design/Foley effects to most often e.g. TV, Film, Games, Theatre, Radio, Music.

5. Where do you capture source material for Sound Design compositions?
A: In a studio (in the box or recording real objects)
B: From the real world (recording on the go)
C: Both

6. Are you interested in a digital instrument capable of creating abstract sound from physical actions such as striking, scraping or shaking objects (y/n)?

7. Would a Sound Design instrument be more beneficial in the studio or as a mobile device?

8. As a Sound Designer what would improve your workflow?

9. What sounds are the most challenging to create for a client or for personal compositional work?

10. Typically, what software do you use to help create Sound Design or Foley effects e.g. professional sample applications & effects such as Zero G or NI programs etc...?

Thank You For Taking Part!

Advertisements

Dave201 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
Dave201
Learning The Ropes
Dave201 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Sound Design Help For My Studies.... [Survey]

Thank you very much to everyone that has taken part and sent my a PM. I'm getting some really interesting answers and I really appreciate it.

Advertisements

Dave201 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote