How to get this Pad Sound?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24060
How to get this Pad Sound?

Whats up again guys? I have recently started trying to get back into creating sounds by ear, and one thing I have never really been able to get is Pads and some keys. I am trying to find out how to make these sounds so I can better at identifying them, and start creating variations of them for my use.

I need help creating the pads that play throughout this song:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

They seem like they might be basic, but again haha I am just trying to wrap my mind around pads.

I also would like it if someone could help me get this vintage sound:

The pad in the background as well as the lead that comes in at around 19 second.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sorry for the strange site it is like extremely hard finding Prince songs on the internet.

Advertisements

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:46 AM   #2
LustHouse
Analog Lurker
LustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: How to get this Pad Sound?

Send you pm with link of my attempt.

For the first pad I think it's either saw wave or triangle with tape compression and reverb. I did use lp-6 to cut high a little bit and I think it sounds close.
LustHouse is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
Thetagram
Minor Glitch
Thetagram is a jewel in the roughThetagram is a jewel in the roughThetagram is a jewel in the rough
London
MC Status: 260

sounds like layering up some saw waves with some high-pass and reverb, perhaps being a bit creative with the filtering
Thetagram is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
Headpilot
Soundwave Mangler
Headpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond reputeHeadpilot has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3010

Last edited by Headpilot; 12-04-2018 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: .

Advertisements

Headpilot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote