The "Making Music" book
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4610
The "Making Music" book

I recently bought this book: Making Music (sorry I can't post links for now, but you can go google it). I think it can be interesting for some of us so I share it with you. It's written by Dennis DeSantis and edited by Ableton, but the tips in the book are not Live's related, it can be applied to any DAW and even any musical genre.

The approach is interesting: one page describing a problem, then few pages to resolve it. It's divided in three parts: how to start a song, how to improve it and how to finish. This is not a book you read from start to end, the way I use it is putting it next to my computer, and open it when needed.

Of course if you are a veteran producer, you won't need it since you probably already know many of the tips in this book. But for amateurs or semi-amateurs (like me) I think it worth the 25 euros.

Advertisements

Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
blvedream
Soundwave Mangler
blvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to allblvedream is a name known to all
Texas
MC Status: 560
Re: the "Making Music" book

Oh wow this looks so interesting. I'm gonna check out the 8 sample chapters on Ableton's website. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
Soundcloud:
BLVE DREAM
blvedream is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481558
Thanked 3,159 Times in 2,091 Posts
Re: the "Making Music" book

I own the hardcover version, it usually sits on my work desk or on my bedside table.
I don't plan on reading it front to back, but just as a pick up and read.

Works perfectly, great tips.

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote