Having problems with Midi keyboard and midi in general
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Elefaze
Radial Developer
Elefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MCElefaze is a savage MC
MC Status: 110636
Icon4 Having problems with Midi keyboard and midi in general

Hey ! I have an Axiom 49 that was working great for a while although recently I have been having problems with it.

Most of the time I open up Live and it just doesn't work. I have the inputs and outputs set correctly seen here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The indicator in the upper right hand corner will show that the midi is being read, but nothing happens. Sometimes there will be sound, but it will either be a few seconds later and sustain randomly or nothing at all. The same thing happens when I just use my keyboard, I really don't know what is going on.

Example A: I open live and load up the analog plugin. I have it armed and press a key. Nothing happens. I spam a bunch of keys and randomly one of the notes, or series of notes, will sustain or just play at random.

This is a very annoying scenario and I hope one of you can help me !

Thanks a lot~

Advertisements

------------------
Elefaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Re: Having problems with Midi keyboard and midi in general

Could be broken... Have you tried a different MIDI controller just to see if it has the same problems? that way you can at least figure out if it's a controller specific problem or a general one...
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
scyn
IDMf Artist
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883006
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: Having problems with Midi keyboard and midi in general

Why do you enable sync on all your devices - are you using them as through devices to sync other hardware?

Also - download [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, set your Axiom as an input device and see if you're getting midi data from it on the Port Activity Window:
Also - try disable the Axiom as a control surface.

Last edited by scyn; 04-03-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Advertisements

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote