[acid breakbeat] Hiddenanger
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Eleklatex
Granular Poster
Eleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MC
PARIS
MC Status: 1165365
[acid breakbeat] Hiddenanger

Hi everybody ! Here is my last recording, I hope you'll enjoy, let me know what you think about it please !

Advertisements

------------------
Eleklatex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [acid breakbeat] Hiddenanger.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
Empty Reach
Empty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MC
MC Status: 297154648
Re: [acid breakbeat] Hiddenanger

With some mixing this has some real potential, its a bit muddy at the moment. That bass needs some work its just pushing out mid frequencies and giving the kick some bottom end might be good aswell.
Incredible sound off the 303 synth, what did you make it on?
Empty Reach is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Eleklatex
Granular Poster
Eleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MCEleklatex is a savage MC
PARIS

Thanks for your advice, i'll try to think about that. For the acid synth, it's done with a waldorf pulse.

------------------
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12852260

Production wise its too busy and pumping the mids too much, that synth bass needs taming.

Also you said Acid breaks? These very little of the breaks in there and the acid isn't really very squidgy (or funky). Sorry to be so negative but the track doesn't really seem worth posting in this form.

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false.
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Eleklatex
Granular Poster
PARIS

I put acid breakbeat because there is an acid line and a breakbeat rythm, and because I know that lot of people attach importance to the words they can put on a music style. If it was me, I didn't put any word, I don't pretend to do a style more than an other. Anyway, for the bass sound, it's true that it is a little dirty and muddy, personnally I like that, but maybe it's too much, I'll try others filters maybe, or a different compressor setting...

------------------
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
grymmjack
Learning The Ropes
grymmjack is currently spamming hard
Detroit
MC Status: 10

I like the machismo bold faced nature of this track. I like the whored out folded back distortion. Really slimey good stuff.

The mix is kind of too separate. The components of it remain too separate and distinct. The track as a whole could use some kicks and some top end frequency content to bring it together. Sometimes bussing the parts that are hard to combine in separate tracks into a another track to glue them together makes a big improvement to gelling the pieces of the mix together.

I keep hoping for a breakbeat. Going by the topic I expected a breakbeat with some 303 acid riffs.

It could be very cool track if you added some real beat on there, the drum synths are good, but they are kind of hollow and the track sounds like it is missing something. I'd add some tight kicks and some nice hats at the very least. I like the kind of disarray of the clashing synths towards the end.

You have a really good start but it doesn't fill me up. Missing some lows and highs and some real ballsy feel to compliment the existing madmans contemplation you've got going on here already.

I liked it but I didn't love it. I think I would have loved it, and I definitely am going to keep listening and critting your stuff because I liked the notes you were using and the way you combined them (sorry I'm not a technically trained/educated muso) enough to think other music you post would be equally cool and decent.

Thanks for sharing.
grymmjack is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Eleklatex
Granular Poster
PARIS

Hi, thanks for the feedback ! I know that my music is globaly not the point yet, that's why I'm interested by all the critics !

Advertisements

------------------