[IDM/Breakbeat] Frenetic! Hash! Now with Acid.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-06-2015, 02:27 AM   #1
Evoava
Sample Destroyer
Evoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110
[IDM/Breakbeat] Frenetic! Hash! Now with Acid.

Definitely one of my best. Not sure if my best though. Time will tell! Hope you enjoy!

The idea behind the track is for the first half's parts to be 'conflicting' somewhat, and then for the second half to 'resolve' the conflict.

Last edited by Evoava; 21-06-2015 at 05:17 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Some IDM for the IDM forum

Me Soundclewd
Evoava is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM/Breakbeat] Frenetic! Hash! Now with Acid..
Old 16-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
Heiserk
Soundwave Mangler
Heiserk is a name known to allHeiserk is a name known to allHeiserk is a name known to allHeiserk is a name known to allHeiserk is a name known to allHeiserk is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: [IDM/Breakbeat] Frenetic! Hash! And now with Acid.

This is a very evil and mechanically dark track!

I kinda feel like he kick and snare don't have enough room of their own, turn them up or side chain some of the main tracks to them.

Man you have some weird synths going into this one xD

That cool noise at around 1.50 needs to sound more minor. Or maybe just keep the few notes that make it ascend

But yeah dude absolutely beautiful track!
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Evoava
Sample Destroyer
Evoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiserk View Post
This is a very evil and mechanically dark track!

I kinda feel like he kick and snare don't have enough room of their own, turn them up or side chain some of the main tracks to them.

Man you have some weird synths going into this one xD

That cool noise at around 1.50 needs to sound more minor. Or maybe just keep the few notes that make it ascend

But yeah dude absolutely beautiful track!
thanks for listening! By cool noise do you mean the acid that some in around 1:55 in the right ear (reverb in the left)

I'm not sure if I agree with you on the snare, but the kick might can be upped. I tend to neglect more minor parts. Heh.

Thanks lots of the feedback

------------------

Me Soundclewd
Old 16-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #4
VoidPointer
Radial Developer
VoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really nice
Hamburg
MC Status: 360

Cool track. The sound design is really nice...
I like the second half of it more then the first... it just sounds more balanced and achieves a nicer flow in how it combines all those sounds.
Really well done!

------------------
VoidPointer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Evoava
Sample Destroyer

The idea behind the track was for the first half's parts to be 'conflicting' somewhat, and then for the second half to 'resolve' the conflict. I don't think many people do something like this. I wish I could insinuate that before hand somehow. MAybe I should just rename it 'conflict and resolution' xD

Thanks for listening Birdman Jenkinson!

Last edited by Evoava; 16-06-2015 at 10:07 PM..

------------------

Me Soundclewd
Old 17-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
Faktori
Radial Developer
Faktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond reputeFaktori has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2960

Definitely unsettling. I think the pad in the first part kind of goes against the idea of conflict, quite soothing actually but I like it.
Same for the kind of acid bass in the second part, not quite resolving.
But that's how the two parts communicate, it works just fine.
The overall song is very pleasing, great job
Faktori is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31560

I would post in this thread, but then you would think I am stalking you. So I won't.

------------------
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2015, 01:25 AM   #8
Evoava
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktori View Post
Definitely unsettling. I think the pad in the first part kind of goes against the idea of conflict, quite soothing actually but I like it.
Same for the kind of acid bass in the second part, not quite resolving.
But that's how the two parts communicate, it works just fine.
The overall song is very pleasing, great job
heh, actually the textures are supposed to conflict somewhat with the nice pad, but it's all in the ear of the beholder anyway.

Quote:
I would post in this thread, but then you would think I am stalking you. So I won't.
but but... you still posted! heh.

Well now I'm leik super scard of u i must end it all naow

------------------

Me Soundclewd
Old 20-06-2015, 05:01 AM   #9
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65510
Thanked 1,310 Times in 987 Posts

the breaks dont really stutter or do any syncopation so it doesnt sound like breakbeat to me. but it's still a good tune.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2015, 05:51 AM   #10
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

It just sounds like noise to me. I don't have a whole lot more to add, other than that I love it.

The dynamics are a bit flat throughout, but it was really enjoyable to listen to. There's not really a dull or repetitive moment ever.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69891619
Thanked 1,029 Times in 665 Posts
Re: [IDM/Breakbeat] Frenetic! Hash! Now with Acid.

I much prefer the first half. The second half gets a bit repetitive and the compression goes all wonky.

My only other criticism is that the stuttering in the first half could do with a lot of variation, it feels a bit too simple right now, almost like a DJ effect. Drag and smear those stutters into some different shapes each time, I say.

Cool tune.

Advertisements

------------------
:mayonesa:
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote