What hardware is on your wishlist?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 31-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
What hardware is on your wishlist?

In light of @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
's thread "What is on Your Software Wishlist? I thought I'd pose a similar thread, as I'm slutty, dirty, double filthy gear-whore. And I want to know what IDMf is rocking and what they are lusting after. Anything that isn't completely a piece of software is cool with me.

What's your favorite at the moment? What is the center of our production? Wanting to upgrade monitors, audio interface? What MIDI controllers are you rocking and why? What synth, sampler, FX unit has you enamored currently? What's giving you a hardware hard-on? Hell, what's something you are jonesing for, but will likely never afford?

Personally, I'm having a wild love affair with Maschine. I also scored a like-new Soundcraft mixer for a nice price and as well as a TC Electronics Hall of Reverb pedal
(99usd!).

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283284
Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,760 Posts
Re: What Hardware is on Your Wishlist?

well up until recently i was finally very happy with my stuff

then

i wanted:

a compressor (probably Joe Meek ThreeQ cause it does the most)
a synth with keys (got that - an akai miniak)
a roland SP505
one of those kaoss pads that samples loops and has effects n shiz
summet else

ive since scaled down my ambitions but i still would like some of the above if possible

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
well up until recently i was finally very happy with my stuff

then

i wanted:

a compressor (probably Joe Meek ThreeQ cause it does the most)
a synth with keys (got that - an akai miniak)
a roland SP505
one of those kaoss pads that samples loops and has effects n shiz
summet else

ive since scaled down my ambitions but i still would like some of the above if possible
Joe Meek ThreeQ is on my list as well. The Joe Meek MC2 is an interesting box as well if you don't care about EQ bands. It has pre gain and make up gain as well as stereo width and can accept a sidechain input. I never liked using stereo width tools until I used the MC2. Sometimes I run signal through it just for that. Also check out Golden Age Project for similar gear/vibe/price range.

There will be an SP series sample in my life at some point as well. After I found out it was a breeze to set it up to be triggered by Maschine, I was in like Flynn.

Very nice list FMB, you filthy whore-bag

I will admit I give into a certain, possibly large, amount of GAS...but I also find keeping a rotating cast of gear around keeps both my sound and I on our toes.

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283284
Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Joe Meek ThreeQ is on my list as well. The Joe Meek MC2 is an interesting box as well if you don't care about EQ bands. It has pre gain and make up gain as well as stereo width and can accept a sidechain input. I never liked using stereo width tools until I used the MC2. Sometimes I run signal through it just for that. Also check out Golden Age Project for similar gear/vibe/price range.

There will be an SP series sample in my life at some point as well. After I found out it was a breeze to set it up to be triggered by Maschine, I was in like Flynn.

Very nice list FMB, you filthy whore-bag

I will admit I give into a certain, possibly large, amount of GAS...but I also find keeping a rotating cast of gear around keeps both my sound and I on our toes.
yeah i will check that out!

i figured that because the threeq ultimately does more stuff it would be better for me as i will never be able to hear the difference between the variation in models (and the millions of contrasting reviews) but it simply does more shit to add flavour to my sound.

i really did have a better list and good reasons for it but im drunk and ridiculously underslept so excuse me

also ive been meaning to tell you that if you do want to go for one of those samplers, the 505 is the secret beast of them all... better than the more expensive 555, 606 and 404. ive never played on one of course but i will soon if i can

EDIT: and please take my word on that cause i had to suck off a 16th century, cornish pirate to get that info

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
yeah i will check that out!

i figured that because the threeq ultimately does more stuff it would be better for me as i will never be able to hear the difference between the variation in models (and the millions of contrasting reviews) but it simply does more shit to add flavour to my sound.

i really did have a better list and good reasons for it but im drunk and ridiculously underslept so excuse me

also ive been meaning to tell you that if you do want to go for one of those samplers, the 505 is the secret beast of them all... better than the more expensive 555, 606 and 404. ive never played on one of course but i will soon if i can

EDIT: and please take my word on that cause i had to suck off a 16th century, cornish pirate to get that info
Yea. Overall the ThreeQ is probably more versatile. And if you are looking for just a straight up, half-rack, character box around for two to three hundred 'Merican Joe Meek is a fantastic place to look IMO.

The 505 you say? I'm surprised as it's a more modern model? But if the sound is similar with more features...what the shit...sounds like a deal to me!

No wonder your drunk. I'd have to have 10 or 3 beers after sucking off such a pirate. I bet his balls will drenched in ocean scum...

------------------
Thanks to relic
FunkMasterBrown (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5747243

Monomachine, Moog Slim Phatty, & some type of modular crazy(and whatever would be needed to convert the midi from Live to notes on it).

Think that would settle any gear lust. Though a conditioner and an eq for my rack would also be nice.

------------------
Say :|
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla
MC Status: 860

tempest
ms 20
Cirklon

Come on lottery Numbers...

------------------
New EP, thanks for Listening

doo. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

A multi oscillator, polyphonic analog synth.

I'd love an Oberheim.

I also just recently purchased something that was on my all-time wishlist - a 1978 Rhodes.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to D_Davis
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Monomachine, Moog Slim Phatty, & some type of modular crazy(and whatever would be needed to convert the midi from Live to notes on it).

Think that would settle any gear lust. Though a conditioner and an eq for my rack would also be nice.
That's a nice little list and not unobtainable! That'd pretty much sort you on finishing whole tracks, that set up. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo. View Post
tempest
ms 20
Cirklon

Come on lottery Numbers...
I've really thought hard about a Tempest. I'm know a few folks who own them, it's just a lot of money, lol. But I like what I hear of DSI and I love my Mopho.

I peeped that Cirklon from your other thread, if I had more outboard synths I think I'd seriously consider that for a sequencer : )

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

Quote:
That's a nice little list and not unobtainable! That'd pretty much sort you on finishing whole tracks, that set up. : )
Yea, probably more than I'm willing to spend in the next while. Need to save money, thinking of getting a tattoo for my b-day and then the holidays are coming. I'll probably attempt to get one of them over the holidays though. Either the phatty or the mnm. the modular is way out of the way currently.

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #11
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Yea, probably more than I'm willing to spend in the next while. Need to save money, thinking of getting a tattoo for my b-day and then the holidays are coming. I'll probably attempt to get one of them over the holidays though. Either the phatty or the mnm. the modular is way out of the way currently.
Boo tattoo! GET SYNTHS : ) Honestly, if I had to choose right now between a phatty and a mnm...I'd probably get the mnm back, I feel like if I really would have dug deep I would have found even more to love about the mnm; however, I know the phatty would be more fun and it'd groove right into my current set up.

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #12
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Quote:
Boo tattoo! GET SYNTHS : ) Honestly, if I had to choose right now between a phatty and a mnm...I'd probably get the mnm back, I feel like if I really would have dug deep I would have found even more to love about the mnm; however, I know the phatty would be more fun and it'd groove right into my current set up.
Yea, I like the idea of the mnm. Being able to do so many things and it'd be a lot of fun to just jam on. Could spend a ton of lunches at work just jacking around on it.

Though, I'm still software heavy on mono bass sounds. So the phatty would be awesome to have for that.

But being able to take the mnm around and fuck off would kill so many hours of boredom a week, holiday trips where I won't have my software....So yea, the mnm would probably be first.

EDIT - As to the tattoos, I actually drew out 3 different ones that mean father in different languages. That's actually been on my list to do for a while. One of them will come around my b-day.

------------------
Thanks to bbb
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #13
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy04 View Post
Hello, everyone. Im candy, from BEIJING JMX DEVELOPMENT MACHINERY CO.,LTD. Our company is an independent professional turbocharger manufacturer. We can provide more than 3000 kinds of turbochargers and 20,000 kinds of turbo parts. If you are interested in our products, you can contact us, my skype is candy.zhao04. Thank you very much.
Sorry partner. Reported.

------------------
Thanks to relic
RFJ (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #14
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542077
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts

Apogee Quartet
UA LA610
Neuman TLM 170R

and I'd be happy to call it done for several years.

:edit: at that point the only thing that would keep me from making amazing recordings is well... me

Last edited by chasedobson; 31-07-2013 at 03:46 AM..

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #15
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Yea, I like the idea of the mnm. Being able to do so many things and it'd be a lot of fun to just jam on. Could spend a ton of lunches at work just jacking around on it.

Though, I'm still software heavy on mono bass sounds. So the phatty would be awesome to have for that.

But being able to take the mnm around and fuck off would kill so many hours of boredom a week, holiday trips where I won't have my software....So yea, the mnm would probably be first.

EDIT - As to the tattoos, I actually drew out 3 different ones that mean father in different languages. That's actually been on my list to do for a while. One of them will come around my b-day.
You can get a Mopho for cheap if you want mono analog bass sounds. I know it's not a Moog and it's not going to sound like a Moog. But if nothing else the Mopho is an aggressive mono bass monster.

But yea..the Monomachine can take a track pretty far in and of itself, which is real nice as it is very, very portable!

If I had one again, it would be a guilty pleasure box and I'd just make minimal tunes on it, use the individual outs to mix shit OTB with a few outboard FX and call that shit a day.

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
brooklyn
MC Status: 32060

gonna include eurorack, even though i'm not rushed about any of these. if i find them used cheap in the next two years, i'm cool; nothing aside from the machinedrum is really in my wish list. it's more of a "if you find it cheap and you have some cash, buy it list".

here it goes:

1. elektron machinedrum
--
2. sound of shadows delay eurorack
3. geiger counter eurorack
4. gamma wave source eurorack
5. maths eurorack
6. function eurorack
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to g0lem
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #17
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Quote:
You can get a Mopho for cheap if you want mono analog bass sounds. I know it's not a Moog and it's not going to sound like a Moog. But if nothing else the Mopho is an aggressive mono bass monster.

But yea..the Monomachine can take a track pretty far in and of itself, which is real nice as it is very, very portable!

If I had one again, it would be a guilty pleasure box and I'd just make minimal tunes on it, use the individual outs to mix shit OTB with a few outboard FX and call that shit a day.
I'm not knocking the Mopho but I've wanted a Slim Phatty and almost pulled the trigger twice already during my gear purchasing moods. Once was negated by the warming up issue but I don't/wouldn't use it live. And the 2nd by a value moment where I went for multiple things instead of one thing. I built a shelf on my workarea/desk for the MicroKorg when I had it, I think it would fit perfectly in the hole. I just want it(that could all change as I'm looking for the largest amount of sounds and flexibilitiy out of a mono bass synth though). I just don't know if I can pass the filter up which is something like 250 alone.

Even adding to that, once seeing steeboo's demo video for the Tempest, Lancet and the Analog 4, I still have a semi for the Lancet(I hope I'm not mis-typing there). So it would even be 2nd to the Mopho's 3rd.

------------------
Thanks to bbb
relic (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #18
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
I'm not knocking the Mopho but I've wanted a Slim Phatty and almost pulled the trigger twice already during my gear purchasing moods. Once was negated by the warming up issue but I don't/wouldn't use it live. And the 2nd by a value moment where I went for multiple things instead of one thing. I built a shelf on my workarea/desk for the MicroKorg when I had it, I think it would fit perfectly in the hole. I just want it(that could all change as I'm looking for the largest amount of sounds and flexibilitiy out of a mono bass synth though). I just don't know if I can pass the filter up which is something like 250 alone.

Even adding to that, once seeing steeboo's demo video for the Tempest, Lancet and the Analog 4, I still have a semi for the Lancet(I hope I'm not mis-typing there). So it would even be 2nd to the Mopho's 3rd.
No worries! I get it : ) Nothing but a Moog is a Moog. And yea...the Vermona Lancet looks cool as kind of leftfield competitor in the analog mono synth field...

You've got my mono synth gear lust going!!!

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #19
sticker14
MUDERATOR
sticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MCsticker14 is a savage MC
Cleveland
MC Status: 1197574

I want a decent reverb unit and some kind of synth with at least two analog oscillators. Probably a DSI Evolver.

------------------
Mint Clad - Live @ Night of the Rats
sticker14 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #20
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum
MC Status: 810

I want my DAT recorder fixed, my SH-101's osc problem fixed.

Other than that I've got enough gear now, wouldn't mind flight cases for my Roland W-30 and rack equipment tho. Also a SCSI zip drive for my samplers.

If it comes down to actual music gear, a Roland S-760 I would fucking love.

Advertisements

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote