Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 28-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla
MC Status: 860
Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.

Looking to get a external sequencer with midi and cv controls. Just thought i would ask you guys to see if you could recommend one for me before i get the mfb urzwerg.

Advertisements

------------------
New EP, thanks for Listening

doo. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: DJPRIZM
Old 28-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75629089
Re: Looking for a Decent external midi sequencer

I know a lot of people are extremely satisfied with the cirklon. Have a look:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to steeboo
doo. (28-07-2013)
Old 28-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla

I just watched a vid on this and its exactly what im looking for. My original budget was 600 bucks hopefully i can snatch one of these on ebay for 800 -700 bucks. Thanks for the post steeboo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeboo View Post
I know a lot of people are extremely satisfied with the cirklon. Have a look:

------------------

Old 28-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MC
molest me, senpai
MC Status: 10779

Get something like a Yamaha QY700, RS7000 or Roland MC-50, they're great units that are dirt cheap as second hand product nowadays.
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269486308
Thanked 3,254 Times in 2,138 Posts

HAve you considered a MPC and a Kenton midi to cv converter?

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #6
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairkan View Post
Get something like a Yamaha QY700, RS7000 or Roland MC-50, they're great units that are dirt cheap as second hand product nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.idmforums.com/member.php?u=46172"
Automageddon[/URL];1125048]HAve you considered a MPC and a Kenton midi to cv converter?

I'm shopping for more of an step based sequencer. Should of been more clear on that. The yamaha qy700 looks like a pretty cool sequencer.

------------------

Old 29-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269486308
Thanked 3,254 Times in 2,138 Posts
Re: Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.

You might get lucky and find a 2nd hand [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
doo. (29-07-2013)
Old 29-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MCBairkan is a savage MC
molest me, senpai
MC Status: 10779

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo. View Post
I'm shopping for more of an step based sequencer. Should of been more clear on that. The yamaha qy700 looks like a pretty cool sequencer.
The MPC has step-sequencing for 64 channels if you want, it's a super quick workflow once you get used to it.
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Automageddon Thanks for recommending the Doepfer Regelwerk. Watched a quick Vid on it and i could defiantly incorporate it into my work flow if i could every find one...

I had a mpc 1000 back in the day, but wasn't really feeling it, Could of been from my lack of knowledge. My friend has a ole shitty MPC 2000 Lying around. I might borrow it and see how it fits into my work flow.

------------------

Old 21-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Old post i know, but i found this while surfing the net. its like the gear gods heard my cry for help....

Advertisements

------------------