Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 28-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla
MC Status: 860
Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.

Looking to get a external sequencer with midi and cv controls. Just thought i would ask you guys to see if you could recommend one for me before i get the mfb urzwerg.

Advertisements

------------------
New EP, thanks for Listening

doo. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: DJPRIZM
Old 28-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628939
Re: Looking for a Decent external midi sequencer

I know a lot of people are extremely satisfied with the cirklon. Have a look:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to steeboo
doo. (28-07-2013)
Old 28-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla

I just watched a vid on this and its exactly what im looking for. My original budget was 600 bucks hopefully i can snatch one of these on ebay for 800 -700 bucks. Thanks for the post steeboo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeboo View Post
I know a lot of people are extremely satisfied with the cirklon. Have a look:

------------------

Old 28-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improve
molest me, senpai
MC Status: -2147475747

Get something like a Yamaha QY700, RS7000 or Roland MC-50, they're great units that are dirt cheap as second hand product nowadays.
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481058
Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,083 Posts

HAve you considered a MPC and a Kenton midi to cv converter?

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bairkan View Post
Get something like a Yamaha QY700, RS7000 or Roland MC-50, they're great units that are dirt cheap as second hand product nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.idmforums.com/member.php?u=46172"
Automageddon[/URL];1125048]HAve you considered a MPC and a Kenton midi to cv converter?

I'm shopping for more of an step based sequencer. Should of been more clear on that. The yamaha qy700 looks like a pretty cool sequencer.

------------------

Old 29-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481058
Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,083 Posts
Re: Looking for a decent external midi sequencer.

You might get lucky and find a 2nd hand [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
doo. (29-07-2013)
Old 29-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improve
molest me, senpai
MC Status: -2147475747

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo. View Post
I'm shopping for more of an step based sequencer. Should of been more clear on that. The yamaha qy700 looks like a pretty cool sequencer.
The MPC has step-sequencing for 64 channels if you want, it's a super quick workflow once you get used to it.
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Automageddon Thanks for recommending the Doepfer Regelwerk. Watched a quick Vid on it and i could defiantly incorporate it into my work flow if i could every find one...

I had a mpc 1000 back in the day, but wasn't really feeling it, Could of been from my lack of knowledge. My friend has a ole shitty MPC 2000 Lying around. I might borrow it and see how it fits into my work flow.

------------------

Old 21-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
doo.
Radial Developer
Nastyvilla

Old post i know, but i found this while surfing the net. its like the gear gods heard my cry for help....

Advertisements

------------------