37 key midi keyboard please!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 22-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
stevemac
Soundscaper
stevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MC
MC Status: 361840
37 key midi keyboard please!

Hi everyone,

Iím in the market for a 37 key midi keyboard (must be 37 key!). Iíve been searching around and have a fairly decent idea of whatís available but Iíd like to get your opinions on the one to go for.

I want to replace my old, battered and oversized 49 key one for something very compact. The Korg Microkey was appealing, but concerned that the keys are too small?

Are there any recommendations for a 37 key synth instead!?!? Donít have a huge budget so no expensive ones please!

Thanks!

Advertisements

stevemac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628939
Re: 37 key midi keyboard please!

You can look for a novation 37sl second hand. Very good keyboard.

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
stevemac
Soundscaper
stevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MCstevemac is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeboo View Post
You can look for a novation 37sl second hand. Very good keyboard.
thanks for the post dude, although the 37sl is too big - I'm really looking for compact (I don't need a lot of faders and knobs) so if I go for something fairly large, then I'd want it to be a synth rather than just a controller. Otherwise a compact midi keyboard.

Maybe a MicroKorg XL??

I could use plug this into my soundcard with a midi cable and use it as my controller, right?

Last edited by stevemac; 22-01-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 22-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Might be what your looking for. I'd say the Korg was a bit of an over-kill unless your looking to use the synth engine as well.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
stevemac
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Might be what your looking for. I'd say the Korg was a bit of an over-kill unless your looking to use the synth engine as well.
For sure, no need to buy it if I wasn't gonna use the synth!!!!

It has the same keyboard as the MicroKey, which would also act as a USB hub... which is why i think it's a better option compared to the iRig seen as they are very similar in size etc.

Basically, I want the MicroKorg XL but with the USB hub functionality of the MicroKey.... hmmm

does this exist??
Old 22-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
MicroMachines
Learning The Ropes
MicroMachines is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

M-Audio radium keyboards are good, USB and power supply options, get the one with the sliders and knobs on, very useful for expert knob twiddling.
MicroMachines is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
stevemac
Soundscaper

Thanks guys, I went ahead and bought the MicroKey this afternoon.

Really wanted the MicroKorg XL, but money isn't great right now and I don't need the synthesis capability as I have a stack of very good soft synths. Plus I get to use the MicroKey as a USB hub, which is super useful.

Head 1, Heart 0.

I'm hoping to get a hardware synth in the future, but every time i consider it, I realise it's a big luxury and there's other bits of kit that are more important right now (like a DJ mixer).

Advertisements