Small mixing gear-studio
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
fearless
Learning The Ropes
fearless is currently spamming hard
Tallinn
MC Status: 10
Small mixing gear-studio

I've been always into producing with DAWs and shi*, but I haven't never ever mixed music together, even tho I have always wanted to try and learn it (mostly because I grew up in home where my father had tons of gear around, since he was a DJ), when I was a bit younger, then I had Traktor Pro software but since I wasn't very stable at learning new things, then I didn't manage it really well.
Now I'm thinking to purchase some hardware like studio monitors, mixer etc things that needed, so I would need some help making the list, they don't have to be expensive, they can be relatively cheap, because it is just for the learning and having fun.
Cheers

Advertisements

fearless is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Indivision - You Are My Whole World
Old 20-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
danerath
Learning The Ropes
danerath is currently spamming hard
Re: Small mixing gear-studio

You may want to work out a total budget that you have to spend first, would make it a bit easier to recommend specific gear that way.

In general, if you're starting from scratch, you'll need at least:

Computer + DAW of choice
Audio interface
Studio monitors and/or headphones
some form of midi controller/keyboard

A mixer would probably be optional depending on what other gear you're trying to integrate into your setup.

The rest would depend on your workflow, sound creation needs and how much you want to spend.

Hope this helps a bit.
danerath is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
fearless
Learning The Ropes
fearless is currently spamming hard
Tallinn
Re: Small mixing gear-studio

Budget is something around 1500$.
My main interest is Drum and Bass production but as a side hobby I wanna learn mixing in-general as-well. My DAW choice has always been FL Studio. About midi, I have M-Audio Axiom61, Interface is MIDISPORT 4x4. About monitors, so far I only have used headphones (Pioneer HDJ-500)

Last edited by fearless; 21-07-2012 at 05:56 AM..

Advertisements

fearless is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote