Full Maschine vs Mikro+Komplete - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: Full Maschine vs Mikro+Komplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
What to use Maschine for than Komplete? Is it integrated fully in Ableton/Logic/whatever?
Not sure exactly what your question is, but Maschine has its own dedicated software that is almost a full DAW in itself. You can in a standalone mode or load it as a VST into your DAW. Some DAW developers have integrated Maschine somewhat. FL Studio 11 includes some pre-mapped templates for Live Mode.

Maschine is a very powerful sampler and MPC style sequencer. Though I often use it for just drums inside my DAW, you can easily created arranged and mixed tunes inside just Maschine. Maschine is a fully functional tool all on its own. Personally, I don't think Komplete adds that much to Maschine, besides the fact that all the NI Synths and Instruments work inside its software really well.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #22
laser
Microknight
laser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Not sure exactly what your question is, but Maschine has its own dedicated software that is almost a full DAW in itself.
You mean Komplete right?

Quote:
You can in a standalone mode or load it as a VST into your DAW. Some DAW developers have integrated Maschine somewhat. FL Studio 11 includes some pre-mapped templates for Live Mode.
Ok so its usable in other DAWs. But Standalone mode? What and how?

Quote:
Maschine is a very powerful sampler and MPC style sequencer. Though I often use it for just drums inside my DAW, you can easily created arranged and mixed tunes inside just Maschine.
Maschine is a fully functional tool all on its own. Personally, I don't think Komplete adds that much to Maschine, besides the fact that all the NI Synths and Instruments work inside its software really well.
Again: On its own? I mean you need some kind of software to work with a controller.

I got a great deal on a Maschine MK1 recently. (Like 200€) And i thought you can only use it with Komplete.
Cause thats what i do right now although its only the "Elements" Version.
Just really confused right now sorry.

Last edited by laser; 12-09-2013 at 04:35 PM..
laser is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yes. Maschine has its own dedicated software program that is almost a full DAW. You dont need Komplete. You cannload the Maschine software into any DAW that accepts vst. Or you can run the software on its own. And yes. Its a midi controller if its own integrated software. Using Maschine as a midi controller with out using the software is a waste of time imo.

I homestly dont understand how youve used it but dont understand how it works...yea it ships with komplete elements...but its the maschine software hardware combo thats the big deal.

------------------
Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
laser
Microknight
laser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud oflaser has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1010

Quote:
Yes. Maschine has its own dedicated software program that is almost a full DAW. You dont need Komplete. You cannload the Maschine software into any DAW that accepts vst. Or you can run the software on its own. And yes. Its a midi controller if its own integrated software. Using Maschine as a midi controller with out using the software is a waste of time imo.
I homestly dont understand how youve used it but dont understand how it works...yea it ships with komplete elements...but its the maschine software hardware combo thats the big deal.
I just got into electronic music like 1 month ago. I am trying to read and learn as much as i can (and this forum is great for it) but since i got my Maschine like 2 weeks ago i havent had much time to practice with it. I confused the Komplete Pluginpack with the Maschine Software. Of course im using that one.
I am reading different articles/guides right now to various topics. A bit confusing but i'm trying to catch up as fast as i can.

Last edited by laser; 12-09-2013 at 05:31 PM..
laser is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to laser
relic (12-09-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

No worries! Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. Check out the NI youtube tutorials on Maschine. They are a great starting place.

------------------
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC
MC Status: 17684455

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
I just got into electronic music like 1 month ago. I am trying to read and learn as much as i can (and this forum is great for it) but since i got my Maschine like 2 weeks ago i havent had much time to practice with it. I confused the Komplete Pluginpack with the Maschine Software. Of course im using that one.
I am reading different articles/guides right now to various topics. A bit confusing but i'm trying to catch up as fast as i can.
The worst thing you can do as a beginner is be afraid of your software/hardware. Learning only seems tedious when you aren't having fun. Dont over think it, don't set unrealistic goals, you won't be making a hit anytime soon but if you get into it you will have a lot of fun and eventually get good at making beats. Learn from the ground up, spend a few hours just navigating the menus, turning knobs and seeing what things do. You won't break anything. If you have maschine, a decent computer and even just some headphones you have what you need to start learning.
Deep Dose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Deep Dose
relic (12-09-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #27
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
brooklyn
MC Status: 32060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Dose View Post
The worst thing you can do as a beginner is be afraid of your software/hardware. Learning only seems tedious when you aren't having fun. Dont over think it, don't set unrealistic goals, you won't be making a hit anytime soon but if you get into it you will have a lot of fun and eventually get good at making beats. Learn from the ground up, spend a few hours just navigating the menus, turning knobs and seeing what things do. You won't break anything. If you have maschine, a decent computer and even just some headphones you have what you need to start learning.
deep's definitely on the dot.
i've spent the last year and half making sounds with no intention other than to understand process and work out certain spaces in the form of sound....

i spent a few hours last week sorting through what i have produced thus far. releasing a coherent piece of work wouldn't be too hard (minor edits, merges, etc, etc). looking back at all my experiments, there is always an overarching theme, a semblance of genre...

part of making music is figuring out what you're personally after... don't stress about figuring that out. you'll figure it out when you figure it out.
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
tonyp145
Minor Glitch
tonyp145 has a spectacular aura abouttonyp145 has a spectacular aura abouttonyp145 has a spectacular aura about
Seattle, WA
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0lem View Post
deep's definitely on the dot.
i've spent the last year and half making sounds with no intention other than to understand process and work out certain spaces in the form of sound....

i spent a few hours last week sorting through what i have produced thus far. releasing a coherent piece of work wouldn't be too hard (minor edits, merges, etc, etc). looking back at all my experiments, there is always an overarching theme, a semblance of genre...

part of making music is figuring out what you're personally after... don't stress about figuring that out. you'll figure it out when you figure it out.
This is such a great post it deserves its own thread! I quit the last band I was in about 6 months ago and went back to writing and producing new music in my home studio. I have no goals in mind, no plan, I'm just enjoying learning new things, experimenting and developing my skills as a producer. I wish I had done this years ago, I was always so impatient to "accomplish something" with music that I ended up doing a lot of live performing, but accomplishing little. Oh well, at the rate I'm going, by the time I'm 80 I'm going to be hell on beats!
tonyp145 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to tonyp145
g0lem (15-09-2013)
Old 15-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
brooklyn
MC Status: 32060

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp145 View Post
This is such a great post it deserves its own thread! I quit the last band I was in about 6 months ago and went back to writing and producing new music in my home studio. I have no goals in mind, no plan, I'm just enjoying learning new things, experimenting and developing my skills as a producer. I wish I had done this years ago, I was always so impatient to "accomplish something" with music that I ended up doing a lot of live performing, but accomplishing little. Oh well, at the rate I'm going, by the time I'm 80 I'm going to be hell on beats!
great book: Guitar Zero by Gary Marcus.
it's never ever too late to pick up a musical skill/s.

Advertisements

g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote