Alesis Q49 Keyboard/MIDI Controller
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060
Alesis Q49 Keyboard/MIDI Controller

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Finally decided to buy a cheap midi controller so I can noodle around a little more. Cost $130 with shipping, just wanted something functional atm, i wanted a bigger keyboard as well. Anyone have any experience with it?

Advertisements

ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts
Re: Alesis Q49 Keyboard/MIDI Controller

Had the smaller Q25 for a year, decent imo. Full size keys are a plus. Dont think they are weighted though. Good for a bare bones controller.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
NobleCow
Minor Glitch
NobleCow will become famous soon enough
Groningen
MC Status: 60

I have exactly the same for a while now. It is a decent keyboard to start with. I had never any experience with any piano/keyboard. So for a small price, it was a good investment to start learning. As for music production, I use it to record some basic lines which I can edit in Ableton. I don't like to really play on it. It feels quite cheap when I play since the keys are too light. I am looking into bigger/better keyboards for that.
But it good enough if you just want something functional to start with, just as I did.
NobleCow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Yeah i got it the other day, really good for the price i think. Pretty much what I'd expected. Only thing i'd say is that there's latency problems even with a really low buffer... and you have to hit the keys pretty hard to make sounds come out, and when you press on the tops of them, you gotta really hit it for anything to come out. But it's functional and I'm just using it to noodle. You get what you pay for, i guess.
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
NobleCow
Minor Glitch
NobleCow will become famous soon enough
Groningen
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdangles View Post
Yeah i got it the other day, really good for the price i think. Pretty much what I'd expected. Only thing i'd say is that there's latency problems even with a really low buffer... and you have to hit the keys pretty hard to make sounds come out, and when you press on the tops of them, you gotta really hit it for anything to come out. But it's functional and I'm just using it to noodle. You get what you pay for, i guess.
Yeah it is good enough to get started. And I know what you mean with hitting the keys. You will get used to that. Have fun with it!

Advertisements

NobleCow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote