Save the Internet petition
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 30-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978
Save the Internet petition

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_int...029212&v=11160

Quote:
Right now, the US Congress is debating a law that would give them the power to censor the world's internet -- creating a blacklist that could target YouTube, WikiLeaks and even groups like Avaaz!

Under the new law, the US could force internet providers to block any website on suspicion of violating copyright or trademark legislation, or even failing to sufficiently police their users' activities. And, because so much of the internet's hosts and hardware are located in the US, their blacklist would clamp down on the free web for all of us.
Vote/Discuss.

Advertisements

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299527
Re: Save the Internet petition

This law has been around for atleast a year now....Guess they slow when trying to get anything pushed.

Congress is filled with dumbfucks and I sure hope this never will get implemented.

Pretty much this sums up free will in the 21st century:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978

I often think that America should be forced to inform the rest of the world and allow time for petitions/referendums in the various countries that'll be affected by their policies when it concerns the internet.

Its ridiculous that one country can control a world wide network.

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
on uranus looking for klingons!
MC Status: 329128850
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,214 Posts

Sad....very sad!..it appears that the status quo in america are getting paranoid.
just another of a series of freedoms being taken away.
What gets me is that not very many people here seem to care.
lambs to the slaughter.:badair:

------------------
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239129

Censorship in the U.S? Can't be.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
Blingley is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
Owen De-Vice
Digital Surfer
Owen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MC
West Midlands
MC Status: 17132199

I came to a conclusion not so long ago that the vast majority of people are fucking idiots.

I am not some opinionated uni kid but it really is true, every one is a moron.

All you have to do is look at the worlds finances, Greece got into trouble, mainly due to huge loop holes in its taxation system, holes that not politician was prepared to patch up due to a loss of votes. Then they have the option of being bailed out, something they most definitely don't deserve and not only do they have the cheek to consider it and not answer straight away but the people of greece protested over the cuts that were going to have to be made! Morons, seriously what are they thinking.

This internet thing is another example of idiots in charge, the internet is one of the most liberating inventions ever, and the US are considering throttling it. Just to make it clear, I like america, I like americans this is not specific to them its just an example of the wrong people in charge for the wrong reasons.

This whole post has been all over the place, best described as a rant. But it just drives me crazy how stupid people are. I understand the thought behind why they may want to do it but its no worth the cost.

Politics does not work, democracy has a shelf life (this is too long to explain) and has an inevitable failure build into its ideology. Just before I stop typing, I am not anti democracy it is the best system available and its a system that should stop idiots being in charge and people censoring the world - let people make their own decisions or the USA will not only become and Country like China but it will impinge this onto all the other nations.

Rant Over

OD
Owen De-Vice is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
Curios
Sample Destroyer
Curios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MC
Philadelphia, PA
MC Status: 1850373

Quote:
Politics does not work, democracy has a shelf life (this is too long to explain) and has an inevitable failure build into its ideology.
This is interesting. I've been considering the pitfalls of capitalism recently in debates with friends. If you find yourself idle for a moment, elaborate please.

------------------
Curios is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
koneyn
Sample Destroyer
koneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MCkoneyn is a savage MC
Belgrade
MC Status: 5985408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen De-Vice View Post
I came to a conclusion not so long ago that the vast majority of people are fucking idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen De-Vice View Post
it is the best system available and its a system that should stop idiots being in charge and people censoring the world - let people make their own decisions
So... the system of majority rule of idiots will prevent them from being idiots?

Hell yeah :banalama:

------------------
koneyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Owen De-Vice
Digital Surfer
Owen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MC
West Midlands
MC Status: 17132199

Quote:
Originally Posted by koneyn View Post
So... the system of majority rule of idiots will prevent them from being idiots?

Hell yeah :banalama:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curios View Post
This is interesting. I've been considering the pitfalls of capitalism recently in debates with friends. If you find yourself idle for a moment, elaborate please.

I think this response should cover both bases.

Firstly Koneyn, we have a system of accountability where if people act in a moronic way they get voted out and replaced by the better people, I appreciate the kinda of contradiction you have perceived in what I have said but the principles of democracy should prevent morons being in charge, but when the vast majority of the voting public are also morons the system gets undermined, but that is not the only reason it practically does not work.

Curios - I am a law student so you may have herd my ideas before as I am no politics wiz kid, and my ideas are more to do with democracy rather than capitalism but I will continue anyway. There are a fair few theorists that believe democracy has a life phase of around 200 years. This is basically because it starts to deteriorated as soon as the voting public work out they can vote themselves benefits and "give backs" from the state. As soon as this occurs politicians enter a continual bid against each other to bribe votes off of the public until these become so generous and so out of line that the finical system collapses in on its self and ends in dictatorship.

The system is generally floored in many ways, theoretically politicians fighting against each other for what they truly believe is write representing the people who agree with them is a pretty ideal situations. But the reality is in the vast majority of cases, its not about doing what is right for the country, its about winning votes. Opposition politician will happily create concern amongst the public by voicing false opinions even when the government are acting in the only and best way possible. He will do this simply because it has been built in that they have to distinguish them selves from the oppositions as much as possible, the future of the country gets sacrificed, in order to con votes.

When you consider the UK, we have a major problem with people taking the fucking piss with job seekers, absolute scum bags coning the system - but it is a vulnerable system which needs reforming and tightening up. But no political party wants to risk losing the votes of these people, even though the huge massive majority of good working people get abused and want it changed. It is not a just system, I do not really agree with taxing the rich more either, but that is another debate aha but if you know anything about that let me know.

Rant Over
(Hit back if you got any interesting views)

OD
Owen De-Vice is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239129

To be fair, in the case of Greece I sort of understand it. The people who fucked up weren't the public. It was the politicians, and the large companies that were able to take advantage of the most loopholes. Essentially, the public wasn't really reaping in too much benefits.

And the cuts are, of course, mostly aimed at the public. There is no high tax increases for multibillion companies operating in Greece that are paying them taxes to some unknown island in the pacific.

Essentially, the public in the Greece had to decide whether they wanted to get fucked and let the companies go through unscatched, or did they want to take the companies down with themselves. Call me a vindictive bitch, but I'd take the cause of the issue with me if I could, even if it meant a capital collapse in the nearby countries.

Besides, personally I am against the entire notion of "saving" collapsed countries. That is fruitless. It's an attempt to reduce change, only to keep the market more stable so the rich can get richer. For a change to happen, the old system has to go down. People have this stupid idea that it just gets replaced by something. It doesn't. It crashes down, and then there is nothing to replace it, and for perhaps years we're left wondering "Where the hell are we? What shall we do?", and then, hopefully, someone comes up with a better system.

To renew the land, plow the land.

------------------
Blingley is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948381
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,646 Posts

Because we have to save our children!!!

[doesn't have children]

Advertisements

Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote