Kindle Fire
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 31-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Theo Void
Granular Poster
Theo Void has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Void has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Void has a spectacular aura about
Pittsburgh, PA
MC Status: 210
Kindle Fire

I was thinking about pre-ordering a Kindle Fire!
They definitly look pretty sweet. Not sure I really NEED a tablet but for the price I thought I'd check it out.
I know no one has used one yet, but is anyone else thinking of getting one of these.
Also, what are your thoughts on Android Tablets in general?

Advertisements

------------------
Theo Void is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: LAdytron
Old 31-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978
Re: Kindle Fire

Its hard in general terms to mention anything but in broad strokes about Android, as every manufacturer uses their own build and some perform better than others.

Those that got it right (from my personal experience) are Samsung (Galaxy tab), HTC (on the Flyer), Sony and maybe (although I've only used a prototype version that wasn't the full spec).

They all make good use of the hardware (even the Flyer that is a lower spec than the rest), actual feel tends to be pretty good.

I personally didn't find the general controls (those found at the bottom left of the display) particularly intuitive and found I'd keep pressing the wrong one (bringing up a menu instead by going backwards, etc.), the look and feel does differ so I can't really make any statements beyond that, I didn't find the layout offensive, maybe a little busy, but on most of them you can customize pretty heavily so its not too much of a worry.

Integration tends towards being simple and easy, with some of them having settings for most major brand computers/mobiles/etc being a few clicks to set up.

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
.mute
Ghostly
.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC.mute is a savage MC
MC Status: 24256118
Re: Kindle Fire

i have a kindle 3, it serves its purpose and saves me hundreds of dollars a semester. i don't really see the appeal of a tablet though when you can easily just use/get a smart phone and/or carry your laptop.

Advertisements

------------------

.mute is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote