Is Melbourne Bounce the new "Big Room" for Tomorrowland 2014? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 30-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564880
Thanked 7,479 Times in 5,279 Posts
Re: Is Melbourne Bounce the new "Big Room" for Tomorrowland 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL072 View Post
For those who are interested.
http://www.vice.com/music-world/donk

Definitely interesting. My reaction is somewhere between respect for people who do what they love and an indescribable sense of desolation.
It is pretty fascinating. Thanks for linking it. It really demonstrates how a scene can get focused around little bleeps and bloops....literally.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #22
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL072 View Post
For those who are interested.
http://www.vice.com/music-world/donk

Definitely interesting. My reaction is somewhere between respect for people who do what they love and an indescribable sense of desolation.
Lol! And I thought it (put a donk on it) was just a joke video, la Sasha Boron Cohen style. A fucking joke!

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #23
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I dont get what makes this so different from any of the other popular 4x4 stuff out there to warrant a new genre...I mean if a bunch of dudes from Melbourne want to get together and call what they do Melbourne Bounce, more power to their marketing skills. Tune is well done, but I am not getting it.

Specifically what makes this Melbourne Bounce?
^^^this

This sounds like typical mainstream club crap music that's been harrasing my ears for several years now. It's basically disco that never died properly.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #24
ElectricSamurai
Regular Freak
ElectricSamurai is currently spamming hard
Alkmaar
MC Status: 10

its more all of the same, its nothing new, its opium for the masses, the kids will love it
ElectricSamurai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 04:05 AM   #25
kierancahill
Granular Poster
kierancahill has a spectacular aura aboutkierancahill has a spectacular aura about
Melbourne
MC Status: 160

as someone who is from Melbourne and has witnessed this whole 'Melbourne Sound' thing evolve into the complete copycat bullshit that it has become; i sincerely hope not.

it's so uninspired now. all the big names from 2010/2011 such as mike metro and stevie mink to name a few who were renowned for their sound in the Melbourne Underground scene have been long forgotten since artists like Will Sparks went worldwide with their music.

whatever tho, they oldies will always be kings in my eyes.

edit: it sounds kinda stupid when i imply that all the old underground minimal music was 'inspired' but i mean, it was just something different and fun. that's not what melbourne sound is any more.
kierancahill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Iwaro - Neptune
Old 15-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #26
KillKat
Learning The Ropes
KillKat is currently spamming hard
Birmingham UK
MC Status: 10

It seems to be going down that route, thats cool though, better to keep things fresh than every Tom dick and Harry doing the same things in each track. Though saying this how long til all melbourne bounce sounds the same!
KillKat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #27
Zero Flux
Learning The Ropes
Zero Flux will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I'm quite familiar with the old bounce sounds, The Blackout Crew spawned from the Wigan Pier sound in northwest England. If you've never heard of Wigan Pier it basically took old dance tracks, upped the tempo and added and heavy kick which later became The Donk! To me the latest trend has progressed from the loudness war to the heaviest kick. The first time I heard a heavy 808 on a house track was Steve Aoki and Afrojack - No Beef, which sounded pretty good, but it's kinda wearing thin now.

Advertisements

Zero Flux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote