Logic Pro 9 Issue (possibly related to Mountain Lion)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 31-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Owen De-Vice
Ghostly
Owen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MCOwen De-Vice is a savage MC
West Midlands
MC Status: 17132199
Logic Pro 9 Issue (possibly related to Mountain Lion)

Hey

I am really struggling to get round these issues, my once reliable logic seems to be failing.

1: despite my audio interface clearly demonstrating it is receiving signal from my mic, logic wont pic up any incoming signal on the channel strip.

2: i have a separate bus for drums, bass and synths. I went to set up a side chain compressor on both my bass and synth. The source is the kick drum. However, whenever i change the compressor setting to listen to the side chain source (the kick), no matter whether I do this on the synth or the bass bus, it mutes everything except for the drums? This second issue has baffled me the most as i cannot think of any logical way this could happen.

3: Logic seems to be distorting somewhere for no reason, i have checked for clipping on channels and on actual synths and no luck. But there is some definite distortion SOMETIMES and not other times.

As for the possible link with mountain lion, the only reason I have to think this may be the reason is that these issues have only occurred since I installed it.

Any advice or suggestions on where to continue to try and find a solution would be greatly appreciated, i have spent a few hours trying to find a solution.

ads

Advertisements

------------------
Owen De-Vice is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Jon_Evo
Granular Poster
Jon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Re: Logic Pro 9 Issue (possibly related to Mountain Lion)

1. Simple things but is logic's audio definitely set to the audio interface you are using on the input and the channel you are trying to record to is set to that input with record-arm on?

2. unsure on this one

3. Is it possible your plugins are clipping? If not how are you doing for cpu? when mine gets close to maxing it can have a sort of distortion to it.

as for mountain lion and logic upgrades I've had too many problems in this area, worth checking that Logic is the latest version, probably last with X out now
Jon_Evo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
phylazen
Sample Destroyer
phylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant futurephylazen has a brilliant future
Virginia
MC Status: 1960
Re: Logic Pro 9 Issue (possibly related to Mountain Lion)

i was having the same problems with side-chaining dude. Sometimes it just wouldn't even react to the settings that i applied. I may have been routing it wrong, but i followed a tutorial literally step by step. One problem with distortion i have had, was when i bounced the full track there was a 15 second section that turned into straight noise and static. No clipping in the area, just a soft synth layer! Weird. I've found ways to get around all this stuff, but never a full on solution. You can re-create side-chain effects with volume automation, but only for really simple parts like the kick clearing the way for a synth to rise etc. Sorry i couldn't help bro.

Advertisements

------------------

Looking for an act to perform at your 6 year olds birthday party? hmu $69/hour

lovin lifebroletsgo[COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"]to[/COLOR]pizza hut
phylazen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote