Logic Pro X
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Automageddon's Avatar
Less kids, more synths.
Age: 39
Posts: 10,221
MC Status: 269479158
Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,057 Posts
Logic Pro X

Create Digital Music has a preview:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements


------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
ndwella
Soundwave Mangler
ndwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant future
ndwella's Avatar
burger king isles
Posts: 177
MC Status: 1910
Thanks: 15
Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

so Logic Pro X is finally a thing now huh

i don't know exactly what to think about it, i quite like the new UI and some of the new features, but dropping support for 32bit AU plugins doesn't sound nice.

oh and that drummer thing looks lame imo

------------------
ndwella is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Bairkan
Banned
Bairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improveBairkan can only hope to improve
Bairkan's Avatar
molest me, senpai
Age: 13
Posts: 443
MC Status: -2147475747
Thanks: 17
Thanked 201 Times in 133 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwella View Post
so Logic Pro X is finally a thing now huh

i don't know exactly what to think about it, i quite like the new UI and some of the new features, but dropping support for 32bit AU plugins doesn't sound nice.

oh and that drummer thing looks lame imo
I like the drummer feature, it comes in especially useful to create a nice, clean, custom break to fuck up later or if you are a one man neo-psychedelica band.

I quite like the demo sounds of the new plugins, TBH, I think I'll finally have to install 10.8.
Bairkan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
Posts: 273
MC Status: 210
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

flexpitch for the win!

I'm scared to convert from 9 though

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
Evelon's Avatar
Posts: 7,576
MC Status: 214390148
Thanks: 885
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

I have a friend (running a recording studio and writing/producing music for a living) who used to be a Logic evangelist. With Logic X he's almost turning his back on Logic (as there are plenty more other missing features, according to the users, that needs to be added/fixed). As a PC guy myself, I chuckled for finding it hard to believe. But he is actually pissed off about the lame new "updates".

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
Syllix's Avatar
Posts: 802
MC Status: 1097447
Thanks: 52
Thanked 155 Times in 98 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

First off, I'm surprised there's only 4 posts in here about this...

Anyway, you can run both Logic 9 and Logic X on the same computer... sure it's not perfect, but it's still an improvement from 9. People are so quick to judge. There aren't any missing features really... Logic X has ALL of the features of Logic 9 plus the improvements or new features they've talked about.

Considering it's only $200... it's a bloody steal of a deal for an entire DAW! I've paid more money for single plugins that I hardly even use...

I personally like the new UI. I think it looks sharp, and don't know what people are talking about when they said it looks garage-bandy.

I like how Logic X has now made it easier to use midi fx such as the arpeggiator, and chord manipulator, etc.

Basically what they've done is made it more appealing to the garageband / prosumer, but, there's still all of the features from Logic 9 as I said, and obviously has the professional user in mind. The drummer is a pretty cool feature. I don't think I'll be using it too much but there are some cool things you can do with it, such as extracting grooves and then using a sampler like Kontakt or something use the midi information from your drum grooves.

The 64-bit only thing is a little disappointing, but don't put all the blame on Logic. We're moving towards going 64 bit, and 32 bit is becoming older... these software companies that make all our lovable VSTs and AUs should be looking to convert to 64-bit. I still wish Logic X had 32-bit support because I use a lot of cool, small AUs made by sometimes just a single person. They don't really have the support to quickly move ot 64-bit, but thats' where we're headed.

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
Posts: 273
MC Status: 210
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X


i found this very entertaining and informative. I will be making the transition in due course

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Jonathan
Sample Destroyer
Jonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MC
Jonathan's Avatar
Québec
Posts: 284
MC Status: 323781
Thanks: 40
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllix View Post

Considering it's only $200... it's a bloody steal of a deal for an entire DAW!

That 200$ low price is like a trap considering after buying it you HAVE TO buy macs for the rest of your life wich are twice the price of a pc....

------------------
Jonathan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #9
Bruto Bello
Regular Freak
Bruto Bello will become famous soon enoughBruto Bello will become famous soon enough
Posts: 13
MC Status: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: Logic Pro X

Logic has been a great DAW for years and I remember how awesome it was when they dropped the pice to $499 and I said "That's a good price for all the synths and the convolution reverb, Ultrabeat and delay designer."
Now $200 is just outrageously cheap for all it can do, but I'm sure there will be haters...
Bruto Bello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
Skippit
Granular Poster
Skippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud of
Skippit's Avatar
Portsmouth
Posts: 67
MC Status: 1260
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

I just wish there was a cheaper upgrade from 9, i bought 9 about 3 months ago for £200. WHERE MY FREE UPGRADEZ?? F*CK APPLE
Skippit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
Syllix's Avatar
Posts: 802
MC Status: 1097447
Thanks: 52
Thanked 155 Times in 98 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- A trap? I've owned a Mac for years because it's a more stable operating system and I generally prefer it over PC. $200 for a fully blown DAW isn't a trap by any means; it's a blessing.

If you REALLY want to use Logic on a PC, there are other ways you can do that...

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Most if not all DAWs require you to purchase the newest version. You don't just buy Logic 1 and get FREE upgrades for the rest of your life... how else will the bloody company make money?

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #12
Skippit
Granular Poster
Skippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud of
Skippit's Avatar
Portsmouth
Posts: 67
MC Status: 1260
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Most if not all DAWs require you to purchase the newest version. You don't just buy Logic 1 and get FREE upgrades for the rest of your life... how else will the bloody company make money?
Free is not the right word, how about a subsidised upgrade? But i see your point. Guess i'll stick with Logic 9 for a while. Anyway, a new version of the same DAW isn't going to make my music better, is it?
Skippit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #13
Jonathan
Sample Destroyer
Jonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MC
Jonathan's Avatar
Québec
Posts: 284
MC Status: 323781
Thanks: 40
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllix View Post
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- A trap? I've owned a Mac for years because it's a more stable operating system and I generally prefer it over PC. $200 for a fully blown DAW isn't a trap by any means; it's a blessing.
A trap ....I should say a marketing strategy... they make you believe you save money in buying that super cheap DAW when in fact you will then give a lot of money to them to run it...

I just wanna say that this "low price argument" to buy logic isn't a really good argument for me since you can save more money by running any other more expensive DAW on a pc...

PS: I'm writing this message on my macbook pro

------------------
Jonathan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #14
Jonathan
Sample Destroyer
Jonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MC
Jonathan's Avatar
Québec
Posts: 284
MC Status: 323781
Thanks: 40
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippit View Post
I just wish there was a cheaper upgrade from 9, i bought 9 about 3 months ago for £200. WHERE MY FREE UPGRADEZ?? F*CK APPLE
I was curious to try Logic ... so i bought it on june 29 2013 ...I was soooo happy to see logic X 2 weeks later on their website .....

------------------
Jonathan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
Skippit
Granular Poster
Skippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud of
Skippit's Avatar
Portsmouth
Posts: 67
MC Status: 1260
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:

I just wanna say that this "low price argument" to buy logic isn't a really good argument for me since you can save more money by running any other more expensive DAW on a pc...

PS: I'm writing this message on my macbook pro
You might save money, but you are also paying for one good looking piece of hardware! Have you seen the new Mac Pro? *licks lips*

P.s. sorry for diverting thread!
Skippit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
Jon_Evo
Granular Poster
Jon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura about
Jon_Evo's Avatar
Posts: 69
MC Status: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippit View Post
You might save money, but you are also paying for one good looking piece of hardware! Have you seen the new Mac Pro? *licks lips*

P.s. sorry for diverting thread!
Smooth is the word I would use!
Jon_Evo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #17
Zerox0013x
Minor Glitch
Zerox0013x will become famous soon enoughZerox0013x will become famous soon enough
Zerox0013x's Avatar
Dubuque, Iowa
Age: 23
Posts: 27
MC Status: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

Yes it seems to be "dumbed" down in a way, looking a little more like garageband. Aside from that It seems to have all the features that 9 had. The only big issue I have with upgrading is the 32bit issue. I have a lot of plugins that are 32bit and it would be a bitch having to go back and fourth between 9 and 10 to use different features and plugins. Kind of takes away from the user friendliness that logic is known for. If it only supported 32bit It would be a pretty awesome upgrade. I also wish you could customize how the WHOLE workstation looked. Sort of how ableton has it. The more options the better.
Zerox0013x is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Sex Panther by Kid Kammillion
Old 16-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
GKM
Granular Poster
GKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of lightGKM is a glorious beacon of light
GKM's Avatar
Tropical Cairns
Posts: 52
MC Status: 460
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

I used logic for decades and recently 18months ago, changed to ProTools. It is a long story why I changed that I won't go into. After the learning curve of PT, I'm very happy with my new DAW. I won't be going back.

Having said that, for $200 logic is a steal. If you want a great DAW and have a Mac, it's a no brainer.

------------------
GKM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #19
ignatius
Soundscaper
ignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MCignatius is a savage MC
ignatius's Avatar
the northwest
Posts: 391
MC Status: 13983882
Thanks: 19
Thanked 62 Times in 48 Posts
Re: Logic Pro X

i've used logic since 1995. i'm mixed to say the least w/the current version. the bug fixes are nice but i kind of hate the gui... and they made some dumb changes to default key commands. the scroll vertical/horizontal/zoom combo used to be command/command option while scrolling and now you press shift for one of those and command for the other.. stupid little thing to change.

the midi plug ins are nice and some other cool little changes but the GUI is for shit imo. why can't i re-arrange the buttons in the toolbar to whatever i want? it's random where they've placed things.

from what i heard it was even worse.. the beta testers raised hell about the GUI and apple only conceded on a few things.. it was apparently mostly set in stone. why ask for feedback if they aren't going to listen?

as for 'dumbed down'.. in a way yes but in a way they made it more complicated... they put somethings that used to be right on the gui into the preferences so now you have to go there to enable/disable them.. wtf.. but everything is still there.. all the same editors etc.. but it is made to look like garbage band and final cutX and is kind of a clusterfuck that way.

anyway.. blah.. i'm mixing in it for the first time and though i've used this program forever it feels very very foreign.

sooner or later i'm going to wade into the Xcode to change the skin of the gui.. there's a thread on gearslutz about it w/some examples...

Advertisements


------------------
ignatius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Logic? reticent Workstation Center 9 10-03-2013 02:04 AM
Logic pro?? Siloh The Studio 24 22-03-2012 07:32 PM
Logic pro 9 help!!! DJ Hawes The Studio 4 16-03-2012 02:25 AM
Any EQs like FL's or Logic's? Elefaze The Studio 7 31-12-2011 05:23 AM
Logic 9 DJ Hawes The Studio 10 03-11-2011 03:56 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.