audio pitch up/down
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
bigjoec21
Analog Lurker
bigjoec21 is currently spamming hard
Chicago
MC Status: 10
audio pitch up/down

Just wondering what 3rd party plugins people use to pitch audio up or down. I currently use the AU Pitch plugin in logic but it just isn't good enough for me anymore.

Some of the other third party plugins do it okay, but to use it in a riser or something like that it sounds off or you can hear it change keys if that makes sense.

Thanks for any input guys!

Advertisements

bigjoec21 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18030319
Re: audio pitch up/down

i just use cubase. it makes adjustments to the actual sample, rather than doing it on the fly. surely logic has a function like this?
i try to avoid doing real time pitching as much as possible, once you go past a semitone or two it usually starts to sound crappy, even with the high end plugins.
with cubase you can use a drawable envelope to make adjustments to the pitch over time too, like you would by automating the pitch control on a real time plugin.

i think this is the logic equivalent:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Parricide; 15-07-2013 at 04:17 AM..

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: audio pitch up/down

I used tapestop VST (freeware) for PC, but since it's a buffering effect it had latency so I had to recalculate automation points.

Rendering audio and applying pitch envelope is usually the safest bet (in any DAW or wave editor) .

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote