[Techno/Abstract] Zeke - This World
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
amalm34
Minor Glitch
amalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of light
Melbourne
MC Status: 510
[Techno/Abstract] Zeke - This World

Hello,

Finally finished this one. Don't really know if id classify it techno, kind of abstract.

Let me know what you think!

Advertisements

amalm34 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno/Abstract] Zeke - This World.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Oddbahl
Regular Freak
Oddbahl will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: [Techno/Abstract] Zeke - This World

Interesting choice of samples, very political.

The LFO synths aren't half bad and the side-chaining is decent - but I feel like the instrumentation takes a too much of a back seat during the first half of the track.

The transition between the first and second part of the track is pretty cool, but I think the drop into the second part might have more impact with a few more pronounced snares, but that's just me. I enjoy some of the more militant percussion in part 2 as well, though it would be great if you could expand on that a bit more.

This is definitely very abstract, though I can't discern if its memorable just yet. I like the strange vibes and the sounds you chose, I think your mixing needs a bit of work to really bring out the best in this song.

Anyhow I look forward to your next track. Thanks for sharing this.
Oddbahl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
amalm34
Minor Glitch
amalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of lightamalm34 is a glorious beacon of light
Melbourne
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbahl View Post
Interesting choice of samples, very political.

The LFO synths aren't half bad and the side-chaining is decent - but I feel like the instrumentation takes a too much of a back seat during the first half of the track.

The transition between the first and second part of the track is pretty cool, but I think the drop into the second part might have more impact with a few more pronounced snares, but that's just me. I enjoy some of the more militant percussion in part 2 as well, though it would be great if you could expand on that a bit more.

This is definitely very abstract, though I can't discern if its memorable just yet. I like the strange vibes and the sounds you chose, I think your mixing needs a bit of work to really bring out the best in this song.

Anyhow I look forward to your next track. Thanks for sharing this.
Cheers mate.

As you can tell I hate Tony Abbott haha. Yeah I didn't really know what to do instrumentally in the first part so i get what your saying. I've only been making music on the computer for like a year so my mixing is always improving but still a long way to go.

Anyway thanks for the help!
amalm34 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
SquareTheCircle
Microknight
SquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

This seems like a chord/scale exercise. I like that it is political but I did not listen to the message. Music is great for drawing a person into a dialogue but this music did not. It was really just a bed of pleasant sound.. This also has a knock on effect of not being as edgy and the words want it to be.

It about dirty politics but the song is clean.

Advertisements

SquareTheCircle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote