OPEN AEP003: Grain Bastard - Pieces - Sound Mutation Competition - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 31-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #81
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: OPEN AEP003: Grain Bastard - Pieces - Sound Mutation Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post

I must apologise for not being around the event much but real life has taken it toll!!!!

Lol, and I feel bad as my dog has two things less hanging around compared to this time a couple of weeks ago......

Really happy that some people have managed to get involved though, you all rule

Can't wait to hear them all
No worries. From what I have heard so far the entries are pretty solid.

The poor doggy is doing better now I take it?

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #82
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
No worries. From what I have heard so far the entries are pretty solid.

The poor doggy is doing better now I take it?
Yes mate, he's doing fine

In fact half the problem was keeping him calm, as he didn't seem to know he was recovering - he had some swelling as a result and that made me question if he was growing a new pair!!! lol

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grain Bastard
relic (31-03-2014)
Old 31-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #83
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Yes mate, he's doing fine

In fact half the problem was keeping him calm, as he didn't seem to know he was recovering - he had some swelling as a result and that made me question if he was growing a new pair!!! lol
Thats kinda hilarious even though I feel bad for him. Imagine the look on the vets face when you bring the dog back to "redo" the surgery lol

------------------
Old 01-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #84
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Hey everyone, subs close at 12am EST tonight. Please give us a few days from today to make sure we have all the downloads before removing your entries from soundlcoud or dropbox or whatever. Thanks.

------------------
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #85
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Subs closed. Thanks everyone for your time and effort everyone. We will be back with you ASAP.

------------------
Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #86
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts

Ok so I logged in to soundcloud today and all my uploads were gone...I have no idea how it happened but it affected the remix I had done for this, which is sort of annoying since it was the best performing song I had on there. If anyone wants it I'll re-up it asap.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #87
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Ok so I logged in to soundcloud today and all my uploads were gone...I have no idea how it happened but it affected the remix I had done for this, which is sort of annoying since it was the best performing song I had on there. If anyone wants it I'll re-up it asap.
Yes. I think we would like to have that for the release : )

------------------
Thanks to relic
Numerical (11-04-2014)
Old 23-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #88
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts

Ok sorry I forgot about the thread, I'll send that along with the others.

Get'n mah masterins on!

Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
Muse-ic (23-04-2014)
Old 30-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #89
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in partnership with [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
presents...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

**Out Now**

Phomorian - Grain Bastard Mutation(1)

Tracklisting
Phomorian - Grain Bastard Mutation(1)
Sublimator - Modulation for Grain Bastard
Numerical - P412 Mutation
5th Spear - AEP003 Mutation
Muse-ic & RFJ - Endings - Mutated Bits of P385, P418, Tidal
Paega's Dub - Grain Bastard P385
Grain Bastard - Pieces of Sun

All tracks are reinterpretations / mutations of our 3rd release [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Original Work Composed by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Original & Mutated Works mastered by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Published by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
under the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

----

Don't forget to check out our currently running Competition in the Mutation of Sound Echology v1...

&

Finally...

- Out Now

“The clue is in the name. Go get it, listen, get the stems, make a remix.“
-Tim

Last edited by RFJ; 03-05-2014 at 02:47 PM..

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #90
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^Many thanks to RFJ guys.

I am really excited about this release. Not to diminish the mutations that have come before...but I think we are finding our path. Many thanks to the community for donating their time and art to this project. Although we can't always publish everyone's songs we appreciate each and every entry and encourage everyone to keep submitting.

At its core this project is an experiment and about experimentation, rather than profit or listens or likes. And we can't do that with out you artists. Thank you for your efforts.

------------------
Old 30-04-2014, 03:02 AM   #91
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

Woo hoo something to listen to!

------------------
All the little clicks call me Pops.

quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to quizybuck
Muse-ic (04-05-2014)
Old 30-04-2014, 03:29 AM   #92
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

I was out and about so I had the opportunity to listen to this in the car. Relic, your track is just plain awesome as well as Grain Bastards. Loved all the tracks, fun to listen in the car.

It was a honor to be a part of this and work with RFJ and GB's material.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
relic (01-05-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #93
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Just a quick one from me until I can post fully (ie not from work!!)

This freaking rules!!! Lol, thank you so much everyone involved - the release is a very special thing for me and something I never thought I would be involved in.

Huge thanks

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #94
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts

Quote:
Just a quick one from me until I can post fully (ie not from work!!)

This freaking rules!!! Lol, thank you so much everyone involved - the release is a very special thing for me and something I never thought I would be involved in.

Huge thanks
Nah man...

Thanks be to you for the wonderful original source material and your willingness to share it with the community in this way. Material that great deserves so much more than this. Just happy we could be apart of it in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I'll bring this quote over from another thread and continue here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I must say working with muse-ic was super awesome. So easy to work with and very enthusiastic through the entire process.

Going to repost that track over on mine as soon as I get back to the computer. I'll probably have more to say about that collab over in the thread when I have a bit of time to type something out.

Edit: and what an honor to be involved with someone's first soundcloud post.
As I said there in that quote pulled from the happy thread the entire collaborative process was a joy. Being involved in another's process in this way is one of the highest honors I can think of within the realm of what we do. The honor was only magnified for me being as the work we were doing was to be for her first public release / share of anything.

Any endeavor of this nature involves a fair amount of trust, and that was magnified as well when you take into account that one of the parties involved has not really ever shared much with the community at large. So, all that to say, I felt very privileged to be able to do this because there was quite a bit more attached to the process than two people just making any old track.

I could go on and on about this happened, then we did this, then that, then the other thing, but what I'll say is this...

There have been many individuals on this board that have helped me refine my process, without ever asking for anything in return. Being able to pay that forward in this way wound up being more satisfying than I had expected going in, and was certainly more satisfying than sitting there making a track on my own, or doing this with any sort of unwillingness to explain everything and answer questions to the best of my ability.

What we have here is a learning community. I can't think of a better way to learn than this and, honestly, it works both ways because. It works both ways because it challenges one to think about why something is being done as opposed to just aimlessly doing it. When both parties are doing their best, within their individual ability and strengths, there is no "better." And when those conditions are met an environment for art can be found.

So thanks be to you @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; for the wonderful opportunity this was for me to start thinking about the why behind it all and for trusting me enough to go along for the ride.

-------------

For anyone using Live who would find interest in having a look, and possibly destroying this project, below is a link to the project files. As you will see in the screenshot we happen to have in our pocket, there's one little section at the end of the drum track, that for some reason is missing. But, it's only the fade out so for the most part it's all there. The samples are saved within the project so all that needs doing is opening the folder and clicking the .als contained within...

Thanks again to all the artists who took part for without them there would be no this...

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #95
5th Spear
Knob Twiddler
5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute
Cardiff
MC Status: 2460

Haha... Guys sorry about the lack of response to this.

In all honesty I wasn't expecting my track to be good enough to get on this with all these other amazing people, so I'd kinda forgotten about it all. Thank you so much

Will be having a proper listen to the album etc when I'm home from training at work

------------------
5th Spear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 5th Spear
Grain Bastard (01-05-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #96
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- It was awesome working with you. I am admittedly cagey about showing my creative works from music to art. I guess it's just so personal for me. It comes from within. Not to mention I feel I can always do better so my work is never finished. I just decide to stop at some point.

I remember sitting on pins and needles when I first sent my files...I was happy with my compostition, melody chords. I love how you mixed things up and put the middle in the ending. And used the strings in several forms to create movement. And the chopped up piano was awesome.

Collaborating is cool because it helps you to get out of your process and I think you grow in that you add to your own and learn new ways of doing things.

I always knew RFJ was good at crisp sounds and programming beats but working with him I realize he has a fantastic creative vision to take a musical idea and make it better.

I also like how he works from left to right in composition. I think it keeps things fresh and not overworked. It's helpful for me too because I tend to get stuck in ideas and forcing yourself to move forward makes you move along.

Just want to mention I really fell in love with GB's sounds.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #97
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
I was out and about so I had the opportunity to listen to this in the car. Relic, your track is just plain awesome as well as Grain Bastards. Loved all the tracks, fun to listen in the car.

Thank you very much. To be honest this track fell together really quickly (awesome source material). I was quite happy with it which is unusual for me. Means a lot though. So thanks again.

Also. In case we forgot....big up Numerica for another mastering job well done. We are lucky to have you bud!

------------------
Old 01-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #98
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Thank you very much. To be honest this track fell together really quickly (awesome source material). I was quite happy with it which is unusual for me. Means a lot though. So thanks again.

Also. In case we forgot....big up Numerica for another mastering job well done. We are lucky to have you bud!
Love it, you created awesome tension with it and movement, as a listener I was excited for what would come next. AS a whole I thought the entire album was very fun and enjoyable to listen to. I had a commute ahead of me and it was awesome to listen in the car. I had a few people glance over at me as I am sure they could hear my music thumping, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Spear View Post

In all honesty I wasn't expecting my track to be good enough to get on this with all these other amazing people, so I'd kinda forgotten about it all. Thank you so much

Will be having a proper listen to the album etc when I'm home from training at work
I thought your track was awesome. Nice composition, I love the surprise bridge at 3:25 really quite beautiful.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #99
5th Spear
Knob Twiddler
5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute5th Spear has a reputation beyond repute
Cardiff
MC Status: 2460

Quote:
I thought your track was awesome. Nice composition, I love the surprise bridge at 3:25 really quite beautiful.
Thanks man. I was actually quite unsure about it, but having this sort of thing happen restores some well needed faith, and helps to make you realise 'what you're doing right' sort of thing.

Thanks again for the opportunity and I'll def try and get involved with future en-devours. I'm still honing in on my own workflow and sound and this re-assures me that I may be on roughly the right track.

------------------
5th Spear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 5th Spear
Muse-ic (04-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #100
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

It has been a very good experience to be a part of this project. It's the first time I make "something similar" to a remix and also the first time I got an electronic track released. The fact of having a deadline has been also very positive ...the rest of my tracks still being in working progress Thank's to all the involved.
I usually don't write/participate too much because English is not my mother language so its hard for me to find the words, but I feel you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Spear View Post

really? Your track is my favorite at the moment. Love the piano melody at 3:45

Advertisements

Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote