[idm/braindance] Grain Bastard - Shit me!!! 40!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878
[idm/braindance] Grain Bastard - Shit me!!! 40!!!

In the highly unlikely event that I had some credibility around here, I will hereby remove it by admitting that I was 40 years old in August!!!

To say it has crept up on me is a little understatement!!! Lol

Now I am that old dude at the rave that scared me years ago when it all started

Anyway, I baked an audio cake and wondered if anyone wanted a slice :mayonesa:

Advertisements

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [idm/braindance] Grain Bastard - Shit me!!! 40!!!.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum
MC Status: 810
Re: [idm/braindance] Grain Bastard - Shit me!!! 40!!!

Excellent track! Great breakbeats as a 'mental part'

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
RUncELL
Soundscaper
RUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond repute
Essex
MC Status: 3410

wiCked.. deep. lovin' the grainy sounds, the bass, the break..
had to have a few sLices of this caKe.
>and yer not the only old guy at the rave, if that helps !!
RUncELL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
SpTk
Radial Developer
SpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MC
MC Status: 230919

Very nice work. A tasty cake.

------------------
SpTk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts

<3<3<3<3<3<3

this is awesome, it reminds me of a lot of artists that I love, it has character and great composition.
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUncELL View Post
wiCked.. deep. lovin' the grainy sounds, the bass, the break..
had to have a few sLices of this caKe.
>and yer not the only old guy at the rave, if that helps !!
- Ha ha, thanks dude, it does!!

To be fair, a lot of the gigs I've been at where I have felt 'old' over the last few years were ones I was booked to dj at and I probably wouldn't have attended as a customer had this not been the case. I did a radio show for a few years on Rugged North Radio playing dubstep and D n B, which ended up becoming just a Dubstep show - I like the deep, medi dubstep which we played at the start of the show but not enough of it is about to fill 2 hours every week, so the second half would be all the Brostep stuff. That was what people wanted to hear though, so we ended up getting booked to play those kind of gigs - Do I get banned from this board admitting to being on a flyer with Skrillex???

Anyway, the nights I do go out are usually a pretty mixed crowd so I don't feel too bad

In Feb this year, a local Techno night called House of God had its 20th Birthday and it was like everyone who went when it first opened decided to 'go for it' one last time!!! It was fucking brilliant, the most surreal thing ever.

Might go someway to explaining why 40 crept up on me so easily too

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
TigerMendoza
Knob Twiddler
TigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to all
Oxford
MC Status: 610

Really like this! Could just imagine a messed up Ghost Poet type vocal over the top!

------------------
New album - The Shadow

Blog | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp
TigerMendoza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
RUncELL
Soundscaper
RUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond reputeRUncELL has a reputation beyond repute
Essex
MC Status: 3410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
In Feb this year, a local Techno night called House of God had its 20th Birthday and it was like everyone who went when it first opened decided to 'go for it' one last time!!! It was fucking brilliant, the most surreal thing ever.
Ha.. we had similar thing last year. All the old school local djs and n-joi did live set. and i still felt youngster there.!!
And being on same fLyer as skrillex can only be good.. for skrillex.
RUncELL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Very cool stuff. The break that came in surprised me in a good way, it was awesome. I'm a sucker for breaks
GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: This
Old 15-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
dogsolitude
dogsolitude will become famous soon enoughdogsolitude will become famous soon enough
Windswept plains of East Anglia
MC Status: 110

This is awesome. Gonna play this on my 40th in November

------------------
dogsolitude is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
samusaran311
Regular Freak
samusaran311 will become famous soon enough
Montreal
MC Status: 60

Bad ass track! Really like the way it builds up at a nice pace to that wicked breakbeat.
samusaran311 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
ZheNhir
Knob Twiddler
ZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant futureZheNhir has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560

This is downright impressive. Badass.. Badass has been said already but it's definitely the word. I just want to dance like i'm having a seizure while there's lasers and projections and sweat and LEDs everywhere and I have no idea what's going on and I hope that's what you meant for me to feel.
Are you making all your synths in Reaktor? they're really great sounds. Specially the acid sounds.
I am so so jealous of your ability to make hard acid all my attempts have been rubbish please is there somewhere I can read your secrets.

------------------
>>//z||h||e>>
www.zhenhir.com ( streaming player )
| Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud
Ding from FWZD(AEF)
///n||h||i||r/|>>/endspam
ZheNhir is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760

More icing on the cake

Nothing to say other than you have a new listener.
I ate the whole cake and still want more.

You got it nailed. It all sits and fits (the sounds - the mix).

Am I embarrasing you. Don't be.

Just get a tan from the sun I shine on you. :victory:
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Grain Bastard
Old 27-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #14
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
FL
MC Status: 91357273

strong atmosphere..everything here sounds good, makes me feel like i'm in the inner city at night time, that's cool..

i wished the bass in it hit some much lower notes here and there, or maybe it did but my wimpy subwoofer didn't pick up on it..(?)

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote