Live IDM. - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

« Current Listening? | - »
Old 22-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #101
PenExpers1878
Granular Poster
PenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Re: Live IDM.

Jon Hopkins , Orbital , Royksopp , TR One are good live acts , I did not get to see Amon Tobins ISAM tour either , he never brought it to Ireland

Advertisements

PenExpers1878 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #102
vit888
IDMf Artist
vit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the rough
Barcelona
MC Status: 260

One of my favourites: Robert Henke

see
Lumière No 6 Excerpt I and II
vit888 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #103
vit888
IDMf Artist
vit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the roughvit888 is a jewel in the rough
Barcelona
MC Status: 260

------------------
vit888 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #104
flomobile
IDMf's latest spammer
flomobile is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Omg those visuals. And I love that they're playing to the visuals as well.
flomobile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 AM   #105
TheUndertow
Regular Freak
TheUndertow will become famous soon enoughTheUndertow will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Anyone here ever get into The Bays? Not necessarily IDM, but the way they execute it is more intelligent than 90% of IDM, imo. Check them out with the Heritage Orchestra, doing a 100% improv set with with a full orchestra, using Sibelius and Ableton. It's quite a feat! I'd post a link, but I can't.
TheUndertow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #106
zeyoungz
Minor Glitch
zeyoungz has a spectacular aura aboutzeyoungz has a spectacular aura aboutzeyoungz has a spectacular aura about
in rouen
MC Status: 210

awesome visual!
zeyoungz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:08 AM   #107
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322939
Thanked 1,096 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndertow View Post
Anyone here ever get into The Bays? Not necessarily IDM, but the way they execute it is more intelligent than 90% of IDM, imo. Check them out with the Heritage Orchestra, doing a 100% improv set with with a full orchestra, using Sibelius and Ableton. It's quite a feat! I'd post a link, but I can't.
I think that improv is what would make for an intresting and magical live IDM show. Mainly for the reason that no 2 shows will ever be alike.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #108
KaOsphere
Minor Glitch
KaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud of
Belus
MC Status: 1060

*Casting necro thread spell
*Drawing 6. Necro spell success.
*Drawing 11. Thread resurected with 14 hp.

So any 2018 acts that worth something ?
KaOsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #109
Red-man
Granular Poster
Red-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant futureRed-man has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Richard Devine does a lot of modular stuff live. Seems like modular would be the best kind of approach for live acts because of randomiser/euclidean modules that can create generative patterns. I imagine using just standard drum machines and synths would be much more difficult to do live because of the lack of said modules would mean patterns would need to be tweaked manually on the fly. Although having a couple people working on different pieces of gear would make it possible. Autechre said in an interview that that's what they used to do in their early shows, but it required a lot of gear because they wanted different sounds at different points during a track and it couldn't be done using just one synth, etc, so I guess it is possible.

Red-man is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Red-man
jVs (14-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #110
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 20910

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsphere View Post
*Casting necro thread spell
Ay caramba. Well at least it's a cool thread. I feel more and more lately that I need to perform my stuff but I'm very nervous about doing so because I'm not sure how well it'll go over with a normal crowd.

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #111
KaOsphere
Minor Glitch
KaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud ofKaOsphere has much to be proud of
Belus
MC Status: 1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
Ay caramba. Well at least it's a cool thread. I feel more and more lately that I need to perform my stuff but I'm very nervous about doing so because I'm not sure how well it'll go over with a normal crowd.
I would say go for it, what would you risk ? Not to mention some people will probably discover something fresh to them in the process...
KaOsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #112
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105322939
Thanked 1,096 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-man View Post
Richard Devine does a lot of modular stuff live. Seems like modular would be the best kind of approach for live acts because of randomiser/euclidean modules that can create generative patterns. I imagine using just standard drum machines and synths would be much more difficult to do live because of the lack of said modules would mean patterns would need to be tweaked manually on the fly. Although having a couple people working on different pieces of gear would make it possible. Autechre said in an interview that that's what they used to do in their early shows, but it required a lot of gear because they wanted different sounds at different points during a track and it couldn't be done using just one synth, etc, so I guess it is possible.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwiXQu1NdU4&t=1322s
The possibilities are endless.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i prefer the sage. makes me truly believe the unbelievable.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #113
Multicellular
Minor Glitch
Multicellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud ofMulticellular has much to be proud of
Washington, d.c.
MC Status: 1310

I think the average listener just wants a show and is not overly concerned about parts that are lower in the mix and less flashy or emotive being pre-programmed. In other words, play the more in your face parts live. If there is vocals, definitely do that live, lead synth or bass part, to have those human feel and timing positive imperfections.

Advertisements

Multicellular is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

« Current Listening? | - »