Live IDM. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

« Current Listening? | - »
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 AM   #41
rav.
Soundscaper
rav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1724
Re: Live IDM.

I like that. I've always wanted to do something similar but not as classical..

Anyone here breakdance? (apart from JCVD that is^)

Advertisements

------------------
rav. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #42
Bwell
Analog Lurker
Bwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MCBwell is a savage MC
Austin, Texas
MC Status: 1312733

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
damn shits crazy

------------------
soundcloud.com/bwell
Bwell is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #43
bobbyg
IDMf's latest spammer
bobbyg is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hi, i'm new here I'd say Illoopination is basically Live IDM..
bobbyg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: illoopination
Old 27-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #44
n0requests
IDMf's latest spammer
n0requests is currently spamming hard

I will have an IDM radio show on ktsw FM Austin/San Marcos. you can listen at ktsw.net. we will have live performances
n0requests is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #45
bobbyg
IDMf's latest spammer
bobbyg is currently spamming hard

http://www.myspace.com/illoopination !!!
bobbyg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #46
soundwave
Gear Slut
soundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MC
MC Status: 16228

http://www.myspace.com/heisenberguncertainty

------------------
soundwave is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #47
testarossa
Microknight
testarossa has a spectacular aura abouttestarossa has a spectacular aura about
Boston, MA
MC Status: 195

Without getting too deep into the 'live instruments vs. computer performance' debate, I grew up a pianist-turned-electronic musician. I'll always have a love and appreciation for people who have the ability to play what I guess we'd call 'traditional instruments,' but there really IS skill that is required to make music via computers AND to be able to turn that into something interesting for a live performance.
That all said, I saw Moderat this past Monday, and it was easily one of the best shows I've seen. Ever. Those three guys were just a perfect blend of computer music performance and 'traditional instrument performance.' It was really nice to see Sascha singing, playing guitar, and banging some stuff out on his Nord. If you get a chance to go see them, I strongly recommend you do so (and if you're not sure, it's Modeselektor and Apparat playing together). Truly an awesome, inspiring performance.
testarossa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to testarossa
Muse-ic (22-06-2014)
Old 30-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #48
S.O.T.VBz
Microknight
S.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MCS.O.T.VBz is a savage MC
nottingham
MC Status: 113619

orbital are fucking incredible live, unbelievable.....i saw them do their "last ever show" at glastonbury - i took these fucking weird mexican mushroom pills and a shit load of mandy...omg!

pretty pissed of they have reformed but hey...

seeing them in manchester in spetember i think!

they play all there stuff live...

------------------
S.O.T.VBz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #49
testarossa
Microknight
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.T.VBz View Post
orbital are fucking incredible live, unbelievable.....i saw them do their "last ever show" at glastonbury - i took these fucking weird mexican mushroom pills and a shit load of mandy...omg!

pretty pissed of they have reformed but hey...

seeing them in manchester in spetember i think!

they play all there stuff live...
I WISH I could have seen them live!!! I've been into them for about 10 years now, and they played a show here the WEEK I moved into college my freshman year, and since I was in a new place and hadn't made many new friends yet (nor did I even know where the heck the venue was) I wasn't able to see them. So I am jealous of anyone who has - I love that their live setup included Alesis MMT8s daisy-chained together (that was my first sequencer hahaha)
Old 30-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #50
rav.
Soundscaper
rav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant futurerav. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa View Post
I love that their live setup included Alesis MMT8s daisy-chained together (that was my first sequencer hahaha)

Mine too (I still have it).

------------------
Old 30-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #51
testarossa
Microknight
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav. View Post
Mine too (I still have it).
No way!! hahaha I adopted one from my father many years back and that was my introduction to 'electronic music' (even though I was basically using it just to record solo piano stuff for the first, like, 6 years I had it). Then I took it to college with me, but by my third semester I was using DAWs and needed to downsize my setup anyway, so I returned the MMT8 back to my dad's studio, where it proudly resides (and still gets used, though my dad has also converted to DAW use for most of his stuff).
Old 30-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #52
rav.
Soundscaper

Nice to know it's still getting used! I picked mine up second hand when I first started buying gear to make electronic music with.

Even after going DAW, I'd been using it pretty regularly, up until a couple years ago or so with my old industrial band when we played. Hook it up to drum machine and sampler, and send a click to the drummer, and you could run it from foot pedal too. And I tell ya, that fucker never crashed on me or got a virus..

------------------
Old 30-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #53
testarossa
Microknight
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav. View Post
Nice to know it's still getting used! I picked mine up second hand when I first started buying gear to make electronic music with.

Even after going DAW, I'd been using it pretty regularly, up until a couple years ago or so with my old industrial band when we played. Hook it up to drum machine and sampler, and send a click to the drummer, and you could run it from foot pedal too. And I tell ya, that fucker never crashed on me or got a virus..
Yeah, I mean, Alesis got it right with that thing. It's too bad it's only 8 tracks and in order to get more you basically had to bounce your stuff to hard disk or to ADAT (of which my dad still has two hahaha). If they ever decided to go old school and revamp/redistribute it with even like, 32-channel capability, I'm sure I could make some use out of that. It might save me a heart attack or two when Logic decides to bitch out on me...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #54
Silent Strangers
IDMf Artist
Silent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MCSilent Strangers is a savage MC
Fort Lauderdale, United States
MC Status: 6513132

So I earlier today, I pulled off my first "live IDM" performance.
It went stunning, even though the crowd was a mix of un-interested douchebags for everyone in the performance list, the people who mattered and interested and open minded got a kick out of it.

I had me controlling Texture loops/FX/Melodies/the faster DnB bits...
Another guy from one of the bands with a 6-string Bass, (he never heard of squarepusher but I think hes hooked now), one guy doing experimental and foley-esque noises, another misusing a guitar, and a drummer.
It WAS great, so Im proud to say that I pulled it off with my original question.

Just thought that those interested in the post would like it.

------------------
Silent Strangers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Silent Strangers
Muse-ic (22-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #55
Milliway
IDMf Artist
Milliway has a spectacular aura aboutMilliway has a spectacular aura aboutMilliway has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 215
Not IDM, but Dan Deacon? Or The Knife?

Milliway is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #56
soundwave
Gear Slut
soundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MC
MC Status: 16228

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyC View Post
It WAS great, so Im proud to say that I pulled it off with my original question.

Just thought that those interested in the post would like it.

------------------
soundwave is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #57
Acrobot
IDMf Artist
Acrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MCAcrobot is a savage MC
MC Status: 4706357

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyC View Post
I had me controlling Texture loops/FX/Melodies/the faster DnB bits...
Another guy from one of the bands with a 6-string Bass, (he never heard of squarepusher but I think hes hooked now), one guy doing experimental and foley-esque noises, another misusing a guitar, and a drummer.
Sounds cool

------------------
Acrobot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #58
answerervice
IDMf's latest spammer
answerervice will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I saw Moderat this past Monday, and it was easily one of the best shows I've seen. Ever. Those three guys were just a perfect blend of computer music performance and 'traditional instrument performance.' It was really nice to see Sascha singing, playing guitar, and banging some stuff out on his Nord. If you get a chance to go see them, I strongly recommend you do so (and if you're not sure, it's Modeselektor and Apparat playing together). Truly an awesome, inspiring performance.

Regards & Thanks

Tony
answerervice is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to answerervice
2DC (23-11-2014)
Old 28-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #59
uelogy
Regular Freak
uelogy is currently spamming hard

must look into this
uelogy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #60
noairbag
Minor Glitch
noairbag has a spectacular aura aboutnoairbag has a spectacular aura aboutnoairbag has a spectacular aura about
Pittsburgh
MC Status: 210

I got to catch Moderat in Brooklyn , NY last month, really awesome show...the music basically sounded just like the album but being in the large space and amongst the crowd of ny hipsters dancing and grooving was great... The visual aspect on the large screens behind them were wonderfully done...

I also caught Tycho and Telefon tel aviv who were doing aspects of live IDM...

I think Tycho's set was pre made, but he was controlling the visuals live...

I forgot to mention Daedelus... who does a great live show...

Last edited by noairbag; 01-07-2009 at 04:52 PM..

Advertisements

noairbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

« Current Listening? | - »