[REMIX] Martyn - Ghost People (official)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
.bienoise
Soundscaper
.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC
MC Status: 3368576
[REMIX] Martyn - Ghost People (official)

Hi IDMfers! I've been away for a while, but I'm back with a track I was really looking forward to share with you!

This is an official remix of Martyn's track. He gave us this delightful task in conclusion of a workshop we attended in Turin, Italy, thanks to PiemonteGroove which selected 23 new talents of italian electronic music.
PiemonteGroove is the promoter of Club to Club, probably the most important italian dance festival - it's a really cool festival, it takes place all over Turin in beautiful locations and makes you feel surrounded by the growing and living electronic scene.

Let me know what you think! I'v been lucky enough to win the contest and I opened for Martyn yesterday: he's such a sweet guy, check it out if you don't know his music.

Advertisements

------------------
MLtn*u2d{>˰Xp!nbxy..Ӄ(M L
HhkoKNy\I@ˤSBwww.bienoise.com2:
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%
.bienoise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [REMIX] Martyn - Ghost People (official).
Old 23-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
.bienoise
Soundscaper
.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC.bienoise is a savage MC
Re: [REMIX] Martyn - Ghost People (official)

I can also enhance your experience with my live performance of yesterday. Enhance, well, probably worsen.

------------------
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%
Old 25-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
Lghtsnshwdwn
Knob Twiddler
Lghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MC
MC Status: 292483

The atmosphere on this is awesome... So refreshing to hear some music which doesn't fall into a cookie cutter format.

I really love the route you took around the 3:30 mark. The chopped samples and sounds work together to create an awesome melodic progression. Then the reintroduction of the bass ties everything together.

I'm having trouble finding worth while crits for this one.

And dude, that drop at 36 secs in the video was so chill and groovy.... I'm feeling insanely inspired by this. Makes me wanna push my tracks and get way more experimental. Thank you for sharing this, I apologize I don't have anything constructive for you

------------------
Lghtsnshwdwn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
Lghtsnshwdwn
Knob Twiddler
Lghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MCLghtsnshwdwn is a savage MC
MC Status: 292483

What are you mixing with by the way?

------------------
Lghtsnshwdwn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
.bienoise
Soundscaper

Well, thank you! I'm a bit overwhelmed by emotions now: it's an huge thing to produce something that actually inspires someone else, so thank you for your kind words!

I was a bit unsure about this work, as the meeting of different genres (some also a bit old fashioned, such as the "frenchtouch" ending) was subpar to the sound (which I am really proud about), so it's great to find so many lovers of this track

I use Ableton Live both in studio and live. Studio wise, btw, I use many tricks to obtain the worn sound I'm after - but Live's devices are still the main instrument.

------------------
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
DP75

i like better the second part, where things move a little faster.
This track is very inspiring and unconventional at the same time.
Please share more of this.
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

It's like a dark version of an Akufen track.

Pretty.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #8
.bienoise
Soundscaper

Yep, I was thinking Akufen when doing the chops

As long as sharing more, have a selection of some past tracks of mine, and a big thank you for listening and asking
I usually do more upbeat stuff, but nowadays I'm trying to have more space for sounds to breathe - so probably there will be more tracks like this one.

My most famous track:

Tracks from my last album, "Five Dance Songs for Mammals", in an easy to use youtube playlist: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thank you again! Hope you like those ones too.

------------------
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

Sounds like the Ghost People remix is a lot more interesting and a stand out style for you compared to that famous track.

Was this track more due to chance or could you make more of this style at will? Right now I've been finding a few artists who do the steady 4/4 beat like in this track, with some IDM elements, so it's be nice one day if I had a Bienoise folder in that particular part of my subsubsubsubsubgenre musics.

In other words make me a Akufen style EP!!!

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
.bienoise
Soundscaper

Well, I could make more at will, but probably I'm not interested in replicating something. I got a couple more similar, still unreleased, but I'm not sure those are that much interesting.

BUT I loved working with those dark soundscapes, and I'm planning in doing more in the future. I appreciate your feedback, and now that I know that those groovy IDM bits were appreciated, I'll consider them to be a part of my track.

Did you listen to this one, btw?

Different mood, but very skittering acoustic manipulations.

------------------
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%
Old 13-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260

A worthy winner - really enjoyed that - I love it when people push the boundaries and ignore the rules that the majority seem to mindlessly stick to when producing dance music. Well done and good hair by the way!
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
.bienoise
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
A worthy winner - really enjoyed that - I love it when people push the boundaries and ignore the rules that the majority seem to mindlessly stick to when producing dance music. Well done and good hair by the way!
Well, thank you. Lately I fear I'm not pushing enough, but I'm regaining some hope and courage - partly thank to this community. You're very kind (I miswrote king ); I'm probably better at producing that at keeping my hair but thank you nonetheless

Advertisements

------------------
8\{/*°LkFeRiPEhtEbݨi%