Free VST plugin list... - Page 32
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 14-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #621
jjmcclear248
Minor Glitch
jjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud ofjjmcclear248 has much to be proud of
Michigan
MC Status: 1310
Re: Free VST plugin list...

I don't know if this was added, but... Xfer Records has some decent freebies on PluginBoutique. I like the OTT and 8-bit shaper so far... haven't tried the rest yet.

Jess

Advertisements

jjmcclear248 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #622
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217960
Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcclear248 View Post
I don't know if this was added, but... Xfer Records has some decent freebies on PluginBoutique. I like the OTT and 8-bit shaper so far... haven't tried the rest yet.

Jess
Yep..pretty sure it's been mentioned here back a ways..but there's no harm in bring it up again..it's well worth another mention.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
jjmcclear248 (15-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #623
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

I'm sure I've mentioned this in the past, but I was just on the site in question this morning and thought I'd mention it again, as the developer has added a few recently to his long list of free synths.

I'm talking about Kevin Brown and his [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
website, where he offers a large collection of free 32-bit VST synths for Windows (..they need to be bridged on 64bit systems), emulating some of the well-known classic analogue synthesizers..as well as a few “near-emulations” of a couple of modern digital ones, such as Bazille, ACE and Diva. He's pretty clear about the U-He near-emulations not really being serious attempts, but should be viewed more as being the results of a fun personal project his.Here's a video I found on YouTube fromUPROAR 24, that demos a few of them. Note..there seems to be a fair bit of "clicking" on some of them in this linked video, but I can't say if this is due to the setup UPROAR 24 was using or the synths themselves. I can tell ya I've never had much issues with any of Kevin's synths while using them..some sound amazingly like the real thing they are emulating, while others are pretty standard.

The thing to remember is you should always treat synth sounds as jumping off points from which you can go on and make something of your own, by tweaking and / or adding 3rd party FX.

If you're looking for a good sounding analog synth, then check out his site..all are free and I'm sure you'll find something there that you'll useful.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (17-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #624
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18054269
Thanked 1,085 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I'm sure I've mentioned this in the past, but I was just on the site in question this morning and thought I'd mention it again, as the developer has added a few recently to his long list of free synths.

I'm talking about Kevin Brown and his [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
website, where he offers a large collection of free 32-bit VST synths for Windows (..they need to be bridged on 64bit systems), emulating some of the well-known classic analogue synthesizers..as well as a few “near-emulations” of a couple of modern digital ones, such as Bazille, ACE and Diva. He's pretty clear about the U-He near-emulations not really being serious attempts, but should be viewed more as being the results of a fun personal project his.Here's a video I found on YouTube fromUPROAR 24, that demos a few of them. Note..there seems to be a fair bit of "clicking" on some of them in this linked video, but I can't say if this is due to the setup UPROAR 24 was using or the synths themselves. I can tell ya I've never had much issues with any of Kevin's synths while using them..some sound amazingly like the real thing they are emulating, while others are pretty standard.

The thing to remember is you should always treat synth sounds as jumping off points from which you can go on and make something of your own, by tweaking and / or adding 3rd party FX.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If you're looking for a good sounding analog synth, then check out his site..all are free and I'm sure you'll find something there that you'll useful.
i dont think it matters too much if emulations are not quite there. it gives it its own sound, which is neither better or worse than the original.

99% of listeners wouldnt recognize a particular synth anyway and dont even care what synth the track was made with.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (17-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #625
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i dont think it matters too much if emulations are not quite there. it gives it its own sound, which is neither better or worse than the original.

99% of listeners wouldnt recognize a particular synth anyway and dont even care what synth the track was made with.
Yeah..totally agree, but ya know, there are purists and prima donnas out there that would..and he does make a point of telling folks not to expect carbon copies of the U-He ones, so I thought I'd highlight that, too.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (18-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #626
A.M

ADSR Sample Manager

The samples and video courses site [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
recently released their free ADSR Sample Manger..and it's just been updated.

The update adds and/or expands on the original features of the VST plugin and include the following..

• Search for files with no tags
• End marker & looping
• Drag audio trimmed to markers or whole file
• Selectable time stretch modes
• Improved loop/one-shot detection
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Halve/Double/Reset a BPM by right clicking in the sample list
• Clear search button
• Sample list order-able by Name and BPM
• Ctrl-left click on macOS for menus in addition to right click
• Improved missing library handling
• Fixed crash when multiple libraries are missing
• Visual improvements to mini-confirmation, missing sample file and BPM editing
• Sample release time not affected by stretching
• Library name editing consistent with rest of plugin
• Sample selection not lost when refreshing libraries
• Scan .aiff files in addition to .aif files.

..as well as all the above, there is also a vast number of keyboard shortcuts that can be used to run the software, if you're the sort of person who prefers not to use a mouse. The video below demonstrates some of the new features.

You need to have a free account with ADSR in order to download this, but it's free to set one up and they don't spam the crap out of you either. As usual, you're free to unsubscribe from their mailings at any time. All that said, trust me, this is a really cool plugin to have, as it lets you quickly scan, name/tag files and trim them, as well as change the BPM all within your DAW, which saves a lot of time messing around with 3rd party editors.

Obviously, if you can do all of these things in your DAW already, then this isn't going to blow you away, but for those who need to fire up some other program and work with files before importing them into a project, then this is really going to come in handy.

Go [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
if you're interested in grabbing this.

------------------
Old 20-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #627
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 22460

not surte if alredy posted but some amazing video game vstis right there papu is particually amazing.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #628
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 11060

Just stumbled over this EQ over at KVR, seems to be an early beta version, but it allows you to put some form of additional drive just on the EQ boosts. Interesting concept imho, especially for a free plugin:

Tested in 64bit and works exactly as advertised. Here my short review for the dev in the thread on KVR:
"Just testing this, I like the concept and it seems to work as it should.
With the drive, bandwidth and mode parameters it has some nice options for soundshaping and it can sound surprisingly smooth and nice with strong setting as compared to some other character EQs imho. I think I'm gonna keep it on the two channels I tested it on right now...
Thanks for this!"

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #629
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847877
Thanked 1,048 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
ADSR Sample Manager
I grabbed it just before leaving for hols. After 12 hours or so scanning I had to close the rig down...think I may have just a tad too many samples!!!
On th eflipside Im noting on KVR they're talking/implying a pro version and further improvemnets for both so this could be very interesting. Certainly seems mroe solid than Steinbergs media center.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #630
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
I grabbed it just before leaving for hols. After 12 hours or so scanning I had to close the rig down...think I may have just a tad too many samples!!!
On th eflipside Im noting on KVR they're talking/implying a pro version and further improvemnets for both so this could be very interesting. Certainly seems mroe solid than Steinbergs media center.

12 hours? Yeah, it does take a while to scan everything, but that doesn't stop you from using it while it does...that is, if you are working with a file that's already been scanned. I have..going by this..134753 files on my drive and it took about 7 hours to scan and tag them all.

Scanning aside, it works like a dream and is a keeper for me, personally..up there alongside [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (30-07-2018)
Old 30-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #631
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

i have the ADSR sample manager on a drive waiting to be installed. i imagined great things. hopefully it works for me, i dont even want to guess how many GB of samples i will never use i have.

MFXxx roughly how many GB do you have? if you know.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 30-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #632
A.M

Quote:
i have the ADSR sample manager on a drive waiting to be installed. i imagined great things. hopefully it works for me, i dont even want to guess how many GB of samples i will never use i have.

To put it in perspective, I was talking about a sample total of 827 GB scanned and tagged in 7 hours.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (30-07-2018)
Old 30-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #633
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
To put it in perspective, I was talking about a sample total of 827 GB scanned and tagged in 7 hours.
wow, thats probably more than i have. i would stab in the dark at about 750GB of non-dedicated samples so i should be fine, although i could be completely wrong.

i am really bad at keeping things tidy. when i started out i was sloppy, but once i learned the importance of keeping things organised it was too late. as a result i have one folder of organised stuff and a load of dotted around folders with the rest. i have been organising things over the years and trying to delete what i feel i will never use (easier said than done), but its a job that im not very attracted to when i have the time to do it.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 30-07-2018, 05:59 PM   #634
A.M

Quote:
wow, thats probably more than i have. i would stab in the dark at about 750GB of non-dedicated samples so i should be fine, although i could be completely wrong.

i am really bad at keeping things tidy. when i started out i was sloppy, but once i learned the importance of keeping things organised it was too late. as a result i have one folder of organised stuff and a load of dotted around folders with the rest. i have been organising things over the years and trying to delete what i feel i will never use (easier said than done), but its a job that im not very attracted to when i have the time to do it.
I have a 1Tb drive dedicated to samples only and this little program really helps narrow down the search if I'm looking for a specific type of sample to use..much better than scrolling through folders in Windows and opening each one up to see what it is.

As I touched on, I've been using the version of Resonic Player up until I found the ADSR sample manager, but now it's all I use..and the ability to set a loop within a sample, hit record in my DAW and them just play it via midi controller is a real time saver, too..no more editing with third party progs for me!

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (30-07-2018)
Old 30-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #635
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
I have a 1Tb drive dedicated to samples only and this little program really helps narrow down the search if I'm looking for a specific type of sample to use..much better than scrolling through folders in Windows and opening each one up to see what it is.

As I touched on, I've been using the version of Resonic Player up until I found the ADSR sample manager, but now it's all I use..and the ability to set a loop within a sample, hit record in my DAW and them just play it via midi controller is a real time saver, too..no more editing with third party progs for me!
i will definitely try it, its on my drive awaiting installation so im halfway there
ive been on the look out for a good sample manager for a long time now, resonic must have slipped past me. i tried a few but all of them were disappointing for various reasons.
the guys at ADSR have not let me down since it was one man and his reaktor skills, so i can only imagine good things.

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (30-07-2018)
Old 30-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #636
A.M

Quote:
i will definitely try it, its on my drive awaiting installation so im halfway there
ive been on the look out for a good sample manager for a long time now, resonic must have slipped past me. i tried a few but all of them were disappointing for various reasons.
the guys at ADSR have not let me down since it was one man and his reaktor skills, so i can only imagine good things.
I will add to keep in mind it's still in its early days and the features, though useful, are still limited right now, but they say they are working on adding more..so time will tell, I guess. That said, it's pretty cool as is.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #637
Vault O)))
Retard Boy
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 70110
Thanked 1,402 Times in 909 Posts

This may have been posted, but all of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
stuff is pretty fucking awesome.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #638
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 37960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
This may have been posted, but all of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
stuff is pretty fucking awesome.
Yes, I think I've said this before, but I use Pteq-x all the time, better than any other pultec eq I've used, especially for free. Bonus that it has a nice tube circuit built in.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #639
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler
joaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3530

Introducing Electrix

Rare Electric Piano
The recreation of the rare and famous Hohner Eletra Piano T used by Led Zeppelin in "Stairway to Heaven", "Misty Mountain Hop", "No Quarter" and "Down by the Seaside".

------------------

joaoricardo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #640
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847877
Thanked 1,048 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:

A ridiculous 1,8tb+

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote