Free VST plugin list... - Page 24
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #461
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 38310
Re: Free VST plugin list...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Airwindows just put out busscolors, which is their premiere analog saturation plugin. I wasn't terribly impressed by the youtube demo at subtle settings (right at the top of the page if you follow the link), but it seemed to behave well at more extreme settings. The really interesting thing, however, is that this is calibrated such that you can drop it in where you would have console channel as part of the console mixing system if you leave the output and wet/dry mix alone. Then, you get the summing and inter-channel play of console interacting with your choice of distortion as well, all in one plugin. That has my interest piqued. Any fans of console should definitely check this one out.

Advertisements

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #462
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18054419
Thanked 1,088 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Jus found this. Not tried it so dont shoot the messenger
you got some balls, what with the loudness wars, LANDR and all that stuff going on right now

im actually really curious to see how this thing performs, definitely going to give it a try, thanks.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #463
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 38310

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I wasn't terribly impressed by the youtube demo at subtle settings (right at the top of the page if you follow the link), but it seemed to behave well at more extreme settings
I got a chance to put this into a WIP last night, replacing each instance of console channel with an instance of busscolors. It makes a noticeable difference, and the first impression is very good, much better at subtle settings than I thought based on the youtube demo. Dark doesn't do much, but I like steel and lush quite a bit. I imagine punch will do great things for basslines or drum tracks (haven't gotten it on those yet). Rock seemed the most standard of the distortion models.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #464
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847877
Thanked 1,048 Times in 705 Posts
Re: Free Vst Plug List...

Bad links Evelon. Takes you to home page - looks like he's taken them down.

Correction new links

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:36 AM   #465
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 11110

Wavearts Tube Saturator is re-released as a freebie "Vintage" version, while the payware version has been upgraded to V2:

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 04:36 AM   #466
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Yo the Mac thread link in the opening post is not working :/
(and yes i see the irony in pointing that out and then posting links that aren't active but that's what cope+paste is for, eh )

Also ask.audio recently posted a couple of lists of top free FX and synth/sampler plugins

ask.audio/articles/52-free-audio-effect-plugins-for-musicians-and-producers

ask.audio/articles/55-top-free-instrument-synth-plugins

Lots of great stuff in here. Almost makes you wonder why anyone buys any software at all!
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Failsafe
A.M (14-06-2017)
Old 14-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #467
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failsafe View Post
that thread and this one might have been merged.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 14-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #468
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 218060
Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,238 Posts

Quote:
(and yes i see the irony in pointing that out and then posting links that aren't active but that's what cope+paste is for, eh )

Also ask.audio recently posted a couple of lists of top free FX and synth/sampler plugins

ask.audio/articles/52-free-audio-effect-plugins-for-musicians-and-producers

ask.audio/articles/55-top-free-instrument-synth-plugins

Lots of great stuff in here. Almost makes you wonder why anyone buys any software at all!
Just so you know, this thread is a place to post / recommend individual free vsts..not really meant to be posting links to other lists on other sites. Basically, there are many sites out there that list free vsts..what we're interested in here is the ones you have tried yourself or heard about that you think are good..for whatever reason.

We can all find lists elsewhere..but it's the feedback from other members here that makes all the difference in the end.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #469
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN SEVENTEEN View Post
Diffuse - classic hardware delay and reverb effects from the 1970’s and 1980’s and its a hybrid as well.

FREE until June 8th.

Link:

This one is amazing!

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 09:55 PM   #470
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847877
Thanked 1,048 Times in 705 Posts

ReGroover Essentials FREE

You must download the software on or before June 22, 2017.

1 / I received a registration code. How do I
register and download my software?
In order to download your copy of Regroover Essential you first need to
register your code on the Accusonus website.
Upon registration you will be given access to an Accusonus account
and instantly redeem a key to unlock the software.
How to redeem your code:
Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Enter your details to redeem your product key using the registration
code ADSR provided you to download your new software!
Please note,
the code you were sent is NOT the product key for
Regroover
. In order to download Regroover Essential for free, you
must use the registeration code provided to you by ADSR when setting
up your account on the link above.
You must download the software on or before June 22, 2017.

Last edited by MFXxx; 16-06-2017 at 10:04 PM..

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #471
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Just so you know, this thread is a place to post / recommend individual free vsts..not really meant to be posting links to other lists on other sites. Basically, there are many sites out there that list free vsts..what we're interested in here is the ones you have tried yourself or heard about that you think are good..for whatever reason.

We can all find lists elsewhere..but it's the feedback from other members here that makes all the difference in the end.
Ok no worries!

In that case, I've been using [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in my last few tracks as a free drum synth and it's great for filling out your drums, especially the kicks. It only has a few parameters but it's enough to add some interest with automation or tweak the sound to tune it in with the rest of your track.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is another free drum plugin but this one's a sampler. It is only one drum kit so it kind of seems like overkill to give it away as a plugin rather than just a sampler instrument but they have thrown a few interesting things in there that you couldn't do if it was a sampler instrument so I guess that's why. What I'm talking about it the database of MIDI drum loops it has loaded into it, and even has an arranger which you can then drag and drop straight into your DAW. Seems neat for people who don't like to program their own drums and want a realistic sounding 'rock' kit but that doesn't interest me so I've just been using it for the sounds, which are pretty nice! It's been multisampled very nicely so it does add a live feel and eliminate some roboticness from rigid drum loops.

Give them a whirl, won't cost you a penny eh!

------------------
Currently Listening To: Pop Will Eat Itself
Old 19-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #472
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Ok no worries!

In that case, I've been using [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in my last few tracks as a free drum synth and it's great for filling out your drums, especially the kicks. It only has a few parameters but it's enough to add some interest with automation or tweak the sound to tune it in with the rest of your track.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is another free drum plugin but this one's a sampler. It is only one drum kit so it kind of seems like overkill to give it away as a plugin rather than just a sampler instrument but they have thrown a few interesting things in there that you couldn't do if it was a sampler instrument so I guess that's why. What I'm talking about it the database of MIDI drum loops it has loaded into it, and even has an arranger which you can then drag and drop straight into your DAW. Seems neat for people who don't like to program their own drums and want a realistic sounding 'rock' kit but that doesn't interest me so I've just been using it for the sounds, which are pretty nice! It's been multisampled very nicely so it does add a live feel and eliminate some roboticness from rigid drum loops.

Give them a whirl, won't cost you a penny eh!
Cheers..thanks for those. I honestly hadn't heard of MiniSpillage..sad to see it's only for Mac users though.

As for the MT PD kit..yeah, have that already and have to agree with everything you said here about it. It's certainly a handy one to have all the same.

------------------
Old 19-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #473
Failsafe
Granular Poster

Hey after the countless pieces of software you look into, decide you want, and realise they only released it for windows, let us have this one

------------------
Thanks to Failsafe
A.M (19-06-2017)
Old 19-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #474
A.M

Quote:
Hey after the countless pieces of software you look into, decide you want, and realise they only released it for windows, let us have this one

That's the thing..maybe we need to split these into a couple of different threads..Windows..Mac..and Linux. I know there are other formats, but these are the main OSs out there and it might be better if there was a VST list for each, rather than lumping them all in together.

That way it would be a lot easier to find what's relevant to you personally. I'm using the word YOU here generally, though it would obviously also apply to you personally, too.

------------------
Old 20-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #475
Failsafe
Granular Poster

Honestly, I don't think it's a big issue. I'm used to sifting through to see what is available for mac. It's the price we have to pay for access to Logic and a tidier OS, but let's not get into that debate.

I'd rather have one big thread that's active really, I guess there used to be a mac thread but it went inactive for too long?

------------------
Old 26-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #476
Kenophos
Granular Poster
Kenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

I recently discovered Xfer's OTT, it's pretty similar to Ableton's multiband compressor but it's free and available for all other DAWs. It's simple, but sounds really good.

------------------
Soundcloud / Bandcamp (to be found here: ambient/drone/glitch/techno/IDM)
Kenophos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #477
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 6510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenophos View Post
I recently discovered Xfer's OTT, it's pretty similar to Ableton's multiband compressor but it's free and available for all other DAWs. It's simple, but sounds really good.

I have really mixed feelings about this plugin and upward compression in general. It does make things big indeed. Someone on the old dubstepforum.com described it as a "The Magic Awesomizer" and tbh I think that's pretty accurate. In the EDM scene, there's plenty of long time big names who swear by upward compression and use it on everything plus might even drop one on the master.

While I'd like to think that "you can do the same shit with anything else blablabla", not a single one of the other freebie compressors I've ever used has the same "value" as Xfer OTT (like if you were to imagine a reasonable price tag on it based on how big the difference between the starting sound and the processed sound is). Except maybe TDR Nova, but that's because it's a dynamic EQ and there aren't many free ones of the kind on the market.

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #478
sbj
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760

This guy is....well....special...(in a good way)

Expect something slightly different.

All 32 bit Win

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #479
Parricide
sloppy cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
I have really mixed feelings about this plugin and upward compression in general. It does make things big indeed.
trying not to derail the thread, but i wanted to point out that upward compression does not necessarily mean things have to get louder, just as downward compression does not mean things have to get quieter. it is just another way of shaping the sound, if it is necessary to use upward compression to get the result you need then upward compression should be used.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 01-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #480
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21160

Advertisements

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote