Free VST plugin list... - Page 22
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 23-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #421
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1847877
Thanked 1,048 Times in 705 Posts
Re: Free VST plugin list...

Limited time...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #422
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

2 days left

https://www.arturia.com/get-your-fre...e1-greenbutton

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (24-12-2016)
Old 23-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #423
MFXxx
My own little world
Re: Free VST plugin list... Limited time only

Limited time

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (24-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #424
MFXxx
My own little world
Re: Free VST plugin list... BIAS Pedal Distortion

BIAS Pedal Distortion – FREE $99 and BIAS Pedal Mobile –FREE

Ends 01/02/2017

------------------
Old 02-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #425
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 37910

I'm back to report on more airwindows stuff.
I've been following Chris (who is airwindows) since he put out Console 4 around August/September, and there's been a lot of solid mixing utilities coming out of there (Console absolutely made the sound of the last few songs I've put out).
I believe he's also hit the patreon goal for Linux, which means all of this will also be Linux-compatible soon (I think, you may want to double check that).
The past month has centered around dithers (as in variations of the noise added to prevent truncation distortion), and this represents his best work yet, and indeed the best I've ever heard (and this is coming from someone who's been using Ozone's dithering and tweaking it for best possible performance).
If you watch the youtube video I'll link to below, he demonstrates it, but at around the 30:00 min mark (feel free to skip ahead, he always takes his time explaining things thoroughly), he betrays his (justified) frustration with how slowly patreon is getting to a point it can make him a living. He explains that he feels the best way to be able to offer everything free like he has been is to get some publicity by having the internet name the new dither (link to do that is at the youtube vid). Anyways, it's a good dither, you can slap a funny name on it, consider donating to the dude's patreon. He's also throwing in a large library of music to use as you see fit(there's another video all about that), could make decent sampling material.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Parricide (03-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 01:35 PM   #426
MFXxx
My own little world

Quote:
While not copying originals, some of the features were taken to a better point. Continuous blendable multimode filter (HP-Notch(BP)-HP in 12 dB mode and 4-1 pole in 24 dB mode). 32 and 64 bit versions included.

Thanks to 2Dat for the original OB-Xd and Soshi Studio for giving the rights to continue this wonderful product.
Also thanks to all KVR members for making the amazing skins!

OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways a number of things were added or altered to the original design.

The OB-Xd was designed to sound as good and as rich as the original. It implements micro random detuning which is a big part of that sound. However, it was not designed as a self-contained completely independent soft-synth. It needs to be contained within a VST framework where things like transposition, automation, layering, arpeggiation, etc., are available.

Also, like many synths of the OB-X's generation, the OB-Xd has no internal effects so its sounds and textures can be greatly enhanced by the use of additional processing like chorus, reverb, delay, etc.

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
thom (19-03-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #427
MFXxx
My own little world

Foosbar. Not a plugin but a useful audio tool/music player.

A really handy tool for converting audio files to different formats. Works wonders
Also a jolly useful music player (my go to for many years).

------------------
Old 08-02-2017, 04:19 AM   #428
mmarra
Minor Glitch
mmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to behold
Toronto
MC Status: 960

The TDR Kotelnikov is my favourite VST compressor as it is so transparent and perfect for mastering...and to thing it's free...love the guys at TDR.
mmarra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #429
MFXxx
My own little world

Quote:
Built around a cascade of two constant-K filters the VHL-3C‘s analog counterpart - a sought-after processor from the early 1950s - comprises an entirely passive design with very musical and interactive pass filters. Offering 3 simple and intuitive controls, the VHL-3C allows you to effectively remove rumble, hum or harsh frequencies from your signals. Set both filter knobs to their extreme positions and you‘ll end up with a narrow telephone-line bandpass. „So what?“, you may wonder - Black Rooster Audio is giving away this goodie for FREE!

------------------
Currently Listening To: Pop Will Eat Itself
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (05-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #430
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway
MC Status: 2810

Does anyone know of a decent phaser effect plugin which just has three knobs - Speed, Feedback, and Mix?
aLiner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #431
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 37910

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLiner View Post
Does anyone know of a decent phaser effect plugin which just has three knobs - Speed, Feedback, and Mix?
I use Phazor, but it has a few more controls: center frequency, depth, number of stages, and spread. I don't think it can get much simpler without losing some utility.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #432
MFXxx
My own little world

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
Parricide (11-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #433
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MCMetaside is a savage MC
MC Status: 11060

Some free VST plugins I found interesting in the last time:

Tritik Krush bitcrusher with modulation: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Teufelsberg Reverb featuring 6 "cold war surveillance" impulses (but no additional features apart from a nice picture ^^ ): [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Ursa DSP Lagrange granular delay (from KVR DC 2016): [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Also still available: u-he RePro-Alpha (early free research version for/of the RePro-1):

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #434
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
EggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to behold
Toronto/Tkaronto
MC Status: 860

Argotlunar. A fantastic, powerful, versatile free granular effect. I play with it live and use it in effects chains often for weird sound fx. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by EggplantPurple; 19-03-2017 at 07:01 PM..
EggplantPurple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #435
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21010

This thing looks exactly like the original OBXD (minus the stripes) which I´m using quite a lot, what did I miss?

Btw, Lagrange Granular Delay really sounds amazing, especially when used with analog synth.
Great on drums, too. One of my favourites!
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Schnork
MFXxx (20-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #436
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 188610
Thanked 3,772 Times in 2,233 Posts

Holy shit how did I miss that ?!?!

THANKSESES !!!
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
MFXxx (20-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 04:11 PM   #437
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 188610
Thanked 3,772 Times in 2,233 Posts

I missed a bunch of things... this thread is a million bucks.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #438
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 21010

Arturia´s Minifilter, Audiothing Filterjam, OBXD, Lagrange Delay and Tritik Krush are all amongst my favourite plugins.
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #439
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
EggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to behold
Toronto/Tkaronto

This is a great thread. I went back through all of it and downloaded a ton of stuff I wasn't aware of and saw a lot of my fav VST synths and plugins listed already. There are some that I love that haven't been posted yet (as far as I saw) so here you go:

1) arcDev Dubb Box - nice dub effects! [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2) CMT Bitcrusher - my fav bitcrusher, but I'll admit I haven't tried many [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

3) ckpitchshifter - cool interest adding to full mangling capabilities [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

4) Dobbler Dome - cool spacial effects, lots of possibilities! [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

5) dpMeter2 - free metering plugin, very useful for mixing and mastering [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

6) Fragmental - awesome free multi-effects plugin with tons of power. Love this one. Hugely useful. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

7) Freezechamber - cool simple looper [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

8) GRevDelay - reverse delay plugin [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

9) Ferox - really nice tape emulation for that saturation and more [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

10) La Petite Excite - very good exciter effect (if used in moderation!) [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

11) mda Test Tone - useful for mixing. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Try using it for mixing into pink noise, it can help get your levels right [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

12) Mili Viynilli - nice vinyl sounds, pops, hisses, clicks etc. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

13) OverDubber2 - great dub effects [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

14) PanCake - great plugin for simple to complex panning effects [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

15) Radiofx - lets you mix between two tracks making it sound like you're changing stations on the radio complete with static. Pretty cool effect! [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

16) Proximity - spacial modeling effect. Haven't used it enough yet to know how powerful it is. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

17) And for those who don't know how to play an instrument but still want to use their midi keyboards - cheat programs Chordz and Cales will remap your keyboard in realtime to play the notes of the scale you should be in but don't know or to play the chords built on the single notes you're actually playing. Make your music more complex without learning anything! [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by EggplantPurple; 19-03-2017 at 07:51 PM..
Old 19-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #440
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
Toronto/Tkaronto

And now for the synths I don't think have been posted yet:
1) Artphase - nice for ambient sounds, pads, etc. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2) Brainkiller - I've used it for aggressive bass sounds [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

3) Neko Pad1 - Simple but has some nice sounds [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

4) Phutura - very basic fat lead synth for house, trance, etc [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
5) The CS Cloud - one of my fav free synths for pads. Can be very beautiful. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

6) The Grey Apparatus - very cool one for lots of different uses. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

7) Wollo Drone - super simple but makes nice ambient sounds [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Thanks to EggplantPurple
Parricide (22-03-2017)