Help me finish this song, I need help
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
huggy
Soundscaper
huggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improve
Leeds
MC Status: -4226654
Help me finish this song, I need help

Hi,

I want to finish this track but I need some guidance. Does anyone feel like helping me... I can use ableton pretty well so all it would need is advise on where to eq, compress and what to change.

I have written these chords myself and I think this tune could be good if we can finish it... I anyone feels like working together on this we can go 50/50

Advertisements

huggy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210
Re: Help me finish this song, I need help

I like the dynamic range you employ, and the drums are excellent. Your risers/falls are kind of poor, however. I'd look into either finding some better samples for those or learning how to make them on a synth. Like andreilig said, you could use some pads. Your song feels kind of 'thin' and doesn't really fill a lot of the audio range that a full track should.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

Hmm as Andreilg said you should really bump up your synths and piano. I think that would help the song drastically in a good way.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #4
huggy
Soundscaper
huggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improvehuggy can only hope to improve
Leeds
MC Status: -4226654

I never know where to start and I always doubt my decisions when trying to improve an old track like this.. Can any of you guys give me things that you do, like to find sounds that work together and stuff like that
huggy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589230
Thanked 7,966 Times in 5,598 Posts

For me finding/creating sounds that work well together was mostly trial and error. Practice, ear training, etc.

Advertisements

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote