Squelchy, watery, clicky, psychdelic synth sounds! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #41
aronahlam
Granular Poster
aronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud of
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 1110
Re: Squelchy, watery, clicky, psychdelic synth sounds!

Some of the squelchydiplitriclickasplat sounds I recently made using a lot of the kinds of things Evelon posted. Fun stuff!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

aronahlam is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to aronahlam
Crude_beats (08-01-2016)
Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #42
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
I have thought about that. But then I think "Oh, but there are already so many tutorials out there". But then I think "but there are alot of shitty tutorials out there that people still think are good, so maybe I should do tutorials after all".
Repeat.

If I decide to do subscription based tutorials (how do I even start?) IDMf will have free access. This is my second family after all.
Dunno, make a website and some teaser vids on youtube in which you show some cool stuff and make people hungry for more. then you go advertise on different music productions sites
I think there still is a market for these kind of tutorials. I know people like Tom Cosm & Mr. Bill do this quite successfully. They also offer self-made tools (e.g. max4live) and project files of tracks in their subscription based services.

The guys at Bass Gorilla also seem to be doing pretty well. An aditional income source could be ads on the site (which would be quite annoying though with an already paid service).

Dunno. If you have good content it's probably not that hard.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
Evelon (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 AM   #43
aronahlam
Granular Poster
aronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud ofaronahlam has much to be proud of
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
I have thought about that. But then I think "Oh, but there are already so many tutorials out there". But then I think "but there are alot of shitty tutorials out there that people still think are good, so maybe I should do tutorials after all".
Repeat.

If I decide to do subscription based tutorials (how do I even start?) IDMf will have free access. This is my second family after all.
Mr. Bill and Cosm make a living doing this stuff - check out their sites for examples. They taught me most of what I know and I happily give them money

edit: oh, someone already mentioned them. Well, just to re-emphasize it, check them out
Thanks to aronahlam
Evelon (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #44
aronahlam
Granular Poster
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
It's listed as Downtempo on iTunes. I felt great, like a patron of the arts, buying the EP
I would def call Quanta psydub. In conjunction with all the psymidtempo, psydowntempo, psystep, psybass, and on and on and on, I enjoy using the term PsyDM (in contrast to EDM and IDM)
Thanks to aronahlam
liquid_air (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #45
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64210
Thanked 1,284 Times in 947 Posts

I'll just call it great

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #46
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760

Speaking of Quanta, his new EP just came out a few days ago and it's awesome. Pretty amazing production quality. And he has all his stuff on Bandcamp right now for 30% off. That's 6 EPs for under 20 bucks. And they are all awesome.

Anybody know anything about his background or anything production related? Couldn't find a single interview with him or anything.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to iDoG
Daggit (02-10-2017)
Old 08-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #47
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728

Quote:
Since my previous video was a fail and cut short I decided to make another crappy video (although I must learn how to make better/more interesting videos, like the mentioned Torley).
I apologize for speaking while eating. I don't always do what mum and dad taught me.
Just ask if you have any questions.
How does it sound with square wave as base? Many of these sounds can be used for bass indeed but I much prefer squares over saws for bass. I guess more metallish and not so waterish.

Last edited by Crude_beats; 08-01-2016 at 11:07 PM..
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #48
LustHouse
Analog Lurker
LustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of lightLustHouse is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Similar effects can be achieved with granular synthesis by moving through the sample on low frequency lfo and applying another LFO to grain (sample) size. When grain sizes are small it
generates the same glitchy in and out sounds (very close to the stuff done by Evelon).
LustHouse is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to LustHouse
Daggit (02-10-2017)
Old 10-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #49
toguro
Learning The Ropes
toguro will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

fuck with filters, envelope, and chorus and phase to get more psychadelic watery sounds
toguro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to toguro
Daggit (02-10-2017)
Old 14-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #50
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 19910

Yay, it´s actually pretty easy to achieve such a sound, sounds very cool though
If I remember correctly, there are quite a few tutorials out there covering such sounds and similar stuff. Look for "Psy Squelches" or go to isratrance forums

Quote:
Since my previous video was a fail and cut short I decided to make another crappy video (although I must learn how to make better/more interesting videos, like the mentioned Torley).
I apologize for speaking while eating. I don't always do what mum and dad taught me.

Just ask if you have any questions.
What´s that synth?
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #51
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway
MC Status: 2810

sometimes you can achieve such sounds with FM synthesis

(chorus and filter is used as well)
aLiner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #52
Dfunkman
IDMf's latest spammer
Dfunkman is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Big fan of Tipper. Others to check out are Somatoast, Bogtrotter and Protect the Citizen

Advertisements

Dfunkman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote