What made you happy today? (V2) - Page 1293
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #25841
st3aLth
Soundscaper
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
st3aLth's Avatar
Posts: 371
MC Status: 3410
Thanks: 134
Thanked 68 Times in 62 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

Advertisements


------------------
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #25842
st3aLth
Soundscaper
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
st3aLth's Avatar
Posts: 371
MC Status: 3410
Thanks: 134
Thanked 68 Times in 62 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #25843
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
Vault O)))'s Avatar
Posts: 1,562
MC Status: -2147481747
Thanks: 1,511
Thanked 1,177 Times in 778 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

You clearly need some better games and a new pair of pants ^
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #25844
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

I don't know about the "today" part, but yeah... I haven't come onto here other than to put shit in the listening booth because of shit going on in my life.

I was like fully depressed for a whole 7 years, and a bit more than a year ago I started getting anxiety attacks/panic attacks, and that was sort of a wake up call. I radically changed my life: left the Netherlands and moved to Brussels, pushed myself to get back into art, painting and all the shit that used to make me happy, built a portfolio and got into one of the best Graphic Design schools. I cut my ties with everyone I felt was bad in my life. Broke up with my girlfriend instead of staying in a relationship out of comfort. Stopped smoking, reduced my alcohol consumption, replaced a lot of time I was spending watching shit by reading books instead... and that's not even the half of it. I just like radically changed my life. I used to be super shy and have a hard time expressing myself and shit, and now I'm like the complete opposite, getting people together, taking the lead in projects and being the key speaker for those same projects.

Yeah, last year was the most difficult, most joyful and most rewarding year of my life. I fucking take strolls in the park and look at nature in amazement and literally fucking cry of happiness. Last year also allowed me to resolve some issues I had, shit I didn't want to deal with about my personality and relationship with people. So yeah, I've finally come to the point where I'm like "fuuuuccckkk! this shit finally feels good, I know what I'm doing, I know who I am, bla bla". I have no regrets. Even all the shit linked to my depression, the fucking nights I would wake up passed out on my bathroom floor in my own puke. Not the fucking drugs and fucked up shit I did to people around me. All of it pushed me to getting my shit together. I've mended the bridges with the people I fucked up with, and having all this fucked up shit was a huge motivation to work on myself, improve myself, for the people around me.

Voila, idk. I'm happy and I'm going into detail in case it can help someone else get their shit together too. I said a year, but it's more like 2 years by now. It's a long time... I didn't think I could ever feel this way.

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #25845
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 53
Posts: 10,076
MC Status: 204510
Thanks: 12,036
Thanked 4,090 Times in 3,038 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
I don't know about the "today" part, but yeah... I haven't come onto here other than to put shit in the listening booth because of shit going on in my life.

I was like fully depressed for a whole 7 years, and a bit more than a year ago I started getting anxiety attacks/panic attacks, and that was sort of a wake up call. I radically changed my life: left the Netherlands and moved to Brussels, pushed myself to get back into art, painting and all the shit that used to make me happy, built a portfolio and got into one of the best Graphic Design schools. I cut my ties with everyone I felt was bad in my life. Broke up with my girlfriend instead of staying in a relationship out of comfort. Stopped smoking, reduced my alcohol consumption, replaced a lot of time I was spending watching shit by reading books instead... and that's not even the half of it. I just like radically changed my life. I used to be super shy and have a hard time expressing myself and shit, and now I'm like the complete opposite, getting people together, taking the lead in projects and being the key speaker for those same projects.

Yeah, last year was the most difficult, most joyful and most rewarding year of my life. I fucking take strolls in the park and look at nature in amazement and literally fucking cry of happiness. Last year also allowed me to resolve some issues I had, shit I didn't want to deal with about my personality and relationship with people. So yeah, I've finally come to the point where I'm like "fuuuuccckkk! this shit finally feels good, I know what I'm doing, I know who I am, bla bla". I have no regrets. Even all the shit linked to my depression, the fucking nights I would wake up passed out on my bathroom floor in my own puke. Not the fucking drugs and fucked up shit I did to people around me. All of it pushed me to getting my shit together. I've mended the bridges with the people I fucked up with, and having all this fucked up shit was a huge motivation to work on myself, improve myself, for the people around me.

Voila, idk. I'm happy and I'm going into detail in case it can help someone else get their shit together too. I said a year, but it's more like 2 years by now. It's a long time... I didn't think I could ever feel this way.

That's really cool. man..glad you were able to stick with it and see it through..and that, most importantly, it appears to have all worked out for you. Rejoice and be proud.

One thing I will mention..and no doubt something you might already be aware of, is this..it's hard to actually make thsoe changes..but it can also be hard to keep them in place and you need to keep a check on yourself, in order to make sure you don't slide back down..or even go to the other extreme..it's basially all about getting the balance just right and maintaining it, which you seem to have done.

Good on ya, man..and long may it last! :victory:

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Mizuchi (17-11-2017)
Old 17-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #25846
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That's really cool. man..glad you were able to stick with it and see it through..and that, most importantly, it appears to have all worked out for you. Rejoice and be proud.

One thing I will mention..and no doubt something you might already be aware of, is this..it's hard to actually make thsoe changes..but it can also be hard to keep them in place and you need to keep a check on yourself, in order to make sure you don't slide back down..or even go to the other extreme..it's basially all about getting the balance just right and maintaining it, which you seem to have done.

Good on ya, man..and long may it last! :victory:
Yeah I know, actually I almost had a relapse this summer, so I made myself a mental checklist of shit I have to do every week. It's not like precise stuff, it's more along the lines of "go out to a public social event", "don't forget to go do some exercise", etc. I'm hoping that eventually all those things will become habits. Some are starting to be, but when I get busy I start to neglect some of them and I slowly start straying from the path. I try to break my routine as much as possible though and try out new stuff. I found that it helps a lot.

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 05:51 AM   #25847
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
Vault O)))'s Avatar
Posts: 1,562
MC Status: -2147481747
Thanks: 1,511
Thanked 1,177 Times in 778 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Weird, I'm like the alcoholic / dark side of you that never got better
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Mizuchi (18-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #25848
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
Vlantis's Avatar
In the desert.
Age: 36
Posts: 13,170
MC Status: 421879529
Thanks: 2,809
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,908 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

This didn't make me happy, but I'm not posting in the pissed off thread. I got some retro game shit up and running again for the first time in probably a year and a half (had to do some controller repair) and naturally found myself playing the NES Contra as usual, so I finally decided to record a no-death run using only the starting weapon. Ran through two no-death runs for a warm up, but when I started to give commentary it was fucking impossible. Made four attempts, and the farthest I got was the third level (Waterfall) before giving up. Fuck that shit. Maybe someday I'll just try recording it and then doing commentary, but that's the first time I ever tried something like that, which made me happy even though I crashed and burned. Ugh, kinda wanna keep trying but am forcing myself to stop and go out instead. Been playing this fucking beautiful game for over two hours.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
relic (18-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #25849
TheStumps
Sample Destroyer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
TheStumps's Avatar
Alaska
Age: 39
Posts: 263
MC Status: 7910
Thanks: 53
Thanked 158 Times in 105 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

I got off early by 3 hours.
My wife's car repair ended up costing $150 instead of $1500.
Thanks to my job, I got my wife a new Galaxy Note 8 for free (we get free phones every 2 years).

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheStumps
relic (18-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #25850
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
ms_'s Avatar
Posts: 3,361
MC Status: 125660
Thanks: 749
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,473 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

I've just recently noticed "related artists" tab that appeared on my Spotify artist profile. It wasn't there before but took me by surprise. I ended up being linked to Central Industrial which is linked to other Auxiliary label artists such as ASC, Sam KDC, Synth Sense, also, 36 and Ancestral Voices appear too. So in such way I'm linked to this entire dream team too. This also feels very accurate genre wise. Now if people go through "related artists" tabs they might find me too. I don't even know how it all happened but this is awesome.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
Vault O))) (21-11-2017)
Old 18-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #25851
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Weird, I'm like the alcoholic / dark side of you that never got better
I feel ya man. I've stopped drinking by myself which is good, but sometimes I pressure people to go out with me even if we have shit the next day so that I have an excuse to drink :/ I think that's one of the issues I'm still struggling with... And most of my good friends are also heavy drinkers so it doesn't help...

Usually on Mondays I'm like, "yeah this week I gotta be a bit more serious", and then Tuesday I'm like "yeah, one bottle of wine in the park with a friend" and we have so much fun we end up drinking till 8 in the morning... However I haven't ever passed out or gone fucking dark in 2 years, I try to manage it to reasonable levels. Still some alcoholic level shit I'm trying to work on though haha.

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mizuchi
Vault O))) (19-11-2017)
Old 19-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #25852
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
Vault O)))'s Avatar
Posts: 1,562
MC Status: -2147481747
Thanks: 1,511
Thanked 1,177 Times in 778 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
I've just recently noticed "related artists" tab that appeared on my Spotify artist profile. It wasn't there before but took me by surprise. I ended up being linked to Central Industrial which is linked to other Auxiliary label artists such as ASC, Sam KDC, Synth Sense, also, 36 and Ancestral Voices appear too. So in such way I'm linked to this entire dream team too. This also feels very accurate genre wise. Now if people go through "related artists" tabs they might find me too. I don't even know how it all happened but this is awesome.
IIRC related artists and radio have been there since at least 2011. Pandora users have had no idea :snob:
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 03:36 AM   #25853
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
Vlantis's Avatar
In the desert.
Age: 36
Posts: 13,170
MC Status: 421879529
Thanks: 2,809
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,908 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Contra video shit
I made a thing!

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #25854
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Contra is a an old school favorite of mine. Will see if I can have a peep before I forget it exists...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #25855
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Mizuchi's Avatar
Beertown
Posts: 1,294
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 181
Thanked 348 Times in 255 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

I don't really understand what's going on, but recently my workflow has been fucking crazy. I've done like 4 songs in 2 weeks. And now I've just completed a new song in like 5 hours and it's actually pretty dope. Like every time I sit down to work I get a track done basically. And it always ends up almost exactly with what I had in mind in the first place. It's so weird... It's making me want to give making a 4 track EP a go.

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #25856
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
Jaded's Avatar
Posts: 4,290
MC Status: 6906609
Thanks: 4,784
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)



Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #25857
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 11,014
MC Status: 42408799
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 5,496 Times in 3,572 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

I had an idea.

(Cue 'lonely jokes )

------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #25858
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
thom's Avatar
Nouvelle Franse
Posts: 3,872
MC Status: 179310
Thanks: 2,014
Thanked 3,586 Times in 2,128 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

My three nephews all want to become musicians like their fucked up uncle thom because everyone else is boring and tells them not to do like uncle thom. So they do like uncle thom. Jacob is a drummer, Mat plays guitar and Raph wants a bass for christmas.

I'm flattered but I need to have a talk with them and push them towards engineering or some shit.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #25859
TheStumps
Sample Destroyer
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
TheStumps's Avatar
Alaska
Age: 39
Posts: 263
MC Status: 7910
Thanks: 53
Thanked 158 Times in 105 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
My three nephews all want to become musicians like their fucked up uncle thom because everyone else is boring and tells them not to do like uncle thom. So they do like uncle thom. Jacob is a drummer, Mat plays guitar and Raph wants a bass for christmas.

I'm flattered but I need to have a talk with them and push them towards engineering or some shit.
That's easy to do.
Just point to Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk and say: hey, this is what it looks like when you mix engineering, college, and music.
Go do that.

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheStumps
A.M (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #25860
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 11,014
MC Status: 42408799
Thanks: 1,334
Thanked 5,496 Times in 3,572 Posts
Re: What made you happy today? (V2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStumps View Post
That's easy to do.
Just point to Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk and say: hey, this is what it looks like when you mix engineering, college, and music.
Go do that.
I suspect you're not helping

...especially when you include their place in time compared to now for context.

Advertisements


------------------
IDMf050: Its coming home.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What made you laugh today? professurreal The Side Room 3033 Yesterday 11:07 PM
Post some song lyrics that sum up how you feel today on whatever day today may be... RFJ The Side Room 170 08-06-2014 04:37 AM
pickup/characer development/other shit(moved posts from what-made-you-happy thread) oly The Side Room 42 24-11-2012 06:16 PM
(moombahton) _Mystik_ - Some happy loop i made for the hell of it _Mystik_ Listening Booth 2 28-08-2012 11:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.