IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 12:31 AM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526870
Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?

Been contemplating this for awhile now and since it appears I'll be in this area for a few years I'm looking to hook up with people who want to push their music skills far and beyond with other passionate artist.

When I say a collective, I'm referencing the trend that is popping up in many big cities, such as LA and NYC where instead of hiding in the shadows and keeping all your ideas and techniques a secret, you share and quickly develop further skills with others.

Team Supreme type stuff is what I'm aiming for or thinking of initially -

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2016/0...-a-collective/

I'm Interested in creating an environment full of open and honest sharing of techniques, ideas, collaboration, resources and everything else that can come from a group of like minded passionate artists jiving together for the betterment of all.

Including weekly and monthly music projects to help push our collective abilities.

I'm sure to start off, we'll mostly get together at a members home/studio or local public space to talk shop, meet and greet, share music and interests and develop further what can be achieved together.

Let me know thanks

--------------------------

A quick bit about me in case it matters

Sound designer / music production / musician wannabe / hobbyist since around early 1990's

Ableton Live user since around 2000-and-something

Experience teaching production and Ableton live with The Seattle DJ Academy as well as freelance for roughly 3+ years

Club promoter/marketing/social media experience with Exchange LA (los angeles, ca) 2 years

Most fav type of music to produce/listen to at this time, is minimal techno, techno, tech-house

Last edited by agent; 29-01-2016 at 01:36 AM..

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to agent
Lug (27-05-2016)